SJKC Lick Hung Parents' Support Group - Part 2 - Page 46
Page 46 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 1835

Thread: SJKC Lick Hung Parents' Support Group - Part 2

  1. #676
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by elea88 View Post
    7As.. ensure entry to CHINESE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL... (i hv no idea what is advantage of these schools.. maybe someone can enlighten me)
    My eldest is 13 this year. so, last year, most of her 7A's friends.. are in these Chinese INDEPENDENT SCHOOL - eg: KUEN CHENG; High school in PJ (forgot name), Hin Hwa klang, Penang etc.
    Not true....

    Chinese Independent school don’t really bother whether you have 7A or zero A, and don’t bother you come from sekolah agama, private school, tamil school or SJKC…

    Candidate need to sit for their entrance exam and placement is done based on the results of entrance exam. Of course, students with more A in UPSR surely are brighter and hence have a good chance to enroll.

    The fact that most parents (especially parents whose children are good in UPSR exam) chose Chinese independent school as 1st choice for their children is because of ONE reason – lack of confidence in the public school which over-emphasize on BM.

  2. #677
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by elea88 View Post
    ...More A's.. Get into TOP CLASSES in kebangsaan school.... where streaming will start. So, all the 7A's 5A's will be in the same class. Dedicated teachers for these classes...Why dedicted? Coz students are attentive, and homework are done in time.... also classmates same mentality.. come to school to study type of student. If less A will go to C or D class... then most classmates dun bother to do homework.. and teacher also no mood to teach. End up more stress for the Parent whose kid is not in the top class.
    Yup, I agree with you on this..

  3. #678
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by elea88 View Post
    ... More A's....Easier entry even to PRIVATE or INT schools... coz if last minute register, some school have waiting list. and with 7A... i am sure most school will open the door to welcome the 7A kid.
    Not true..

    Nowadays, most international schools have been “over-subscribed”. It is too late to get a place after the UPSR exam. For tose good international schools, you have to start from primary level to ensure a place in secondary level.

    As far as I know, students with good UPSR result won’t chose private school. They will go to international school or Chinese independent school to have an extra edge either in Chinese or English. The UEC exam from Chinese independant school, and IGCSE from international school offer wider choice for pre-U and subsequently university selection.

    Generally, private school which adopt Malaysia syllabus is more for those who can’ survive in public school.

  4. #679
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    749
    Check out this post: http://chitchatovercoffee.blogspot.c....html?spref=fb
    It's a sharing from a parent about UPSR (please be reminded, for SK, full As mean 5A)

    There were so much brouhaha over it that it's so easy to get lost in the madness and forget the whole purpose of education in the first place. It begins right after Year 5 ended. Before they even enter Year 6. Teachers will start talking differently to the kids.

    "You can't fool around anymore now'
    "Stop fooling around"
    "It's UPSR year!!"

    Parents will start talking differently too. And grandparents and aunties and uncles too. It's like the only thing that interest the world now is the exam. The UPSR. It's not about you anymore. And it doesn't matter if you are good at something else. It's the number of A's that u get that matter most.

    They will start with "How are you?"
    Then..."Are you ready for the exam?"
    "Sure can get 5As?"
    "Do you think you can get 5As??"
    "Sure can right???"

    So this will go on and on until the result is out in November. Those who get 5A's will be ecstatic. I think to some kids, relief is a more appropriate word. There is so much at stake. The teachers' KPI. The headmaster's KPI. The school's KPI. The parent's reputation. The family's reputation. The minister's KPI. etc etc etc. In the end, it's no longer about the kid.

  5. #680
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SUBANG JAYA
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by nescafeADay View Post
    Check out this post: http://chitchatovercoffee.blogspot.c....html?spref=fb
    It's a sharing from a parent about UPSR (please be reminded, for SK, full As mean 5A)

    There were so much brouhaha over it that it's so easy to get lost in the madness and forget the whole purpose of education in the first place. It begins right after Year 5 ended. Before they even enter Year 6. Teachers will start talking differently to the kids.

    "You can't fool around anymore now'
    "Stop fooling around"
    "It's UPSR year!!"

    Parents will start talking differently too. And grandparents and aunties and uncles too. It's like the only thing that interest the world now is the exam. The UPSR. It's not about you anymore. And it doesn't matter if you are good at something else. It's the number of A's that u get that matter most.

    They will start with "How are you?"
    Then..."Are you ready for the exam?"
    "Sure can get 5As?"
    "Do you think you can get 5As??"
    "Sure can right???"

    So this will go on and on until the result is out in November. Those who get 5A's will be ecstatic. I think to some kids, relief is a more appropriate word. There is so much at stake. The teachers' KPI. The headmaster's KPI. The school's KPI. The parent's reputation. The family's reputation. The minister's KPI. etc etc etc. In the end, it's no longer about the kid.

    ya.. it is frightening too... how after every exam result SUICIDE CASES , MISSING CHILDREN cases increases...

  6. #681
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    For the FULL EXACT OFFICIAL NUMBERS, I guess we have to wait for the school HM to upload it onto the school website.
    And you can find more details abt Lick Hung UPSR result available from LH PIBG blog (http://www.lhpibg.blogspot.com/)






  7. #682
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    82
    吉隆坡聯邦直轄區全A 生是 2千108人;雪州全A生是7千914人。
    今年吉隆坡直轄區及雪州分別有2萬1千403位及8萬4千296人考生.

    Statistics of straight A student in Selangor & WP this year.

    Selangor : 7914 from 84296 students (9.4 % scored straight A)

    Wilayah Persekutuan : 2108 from 21403 students (9.8% scored straight A)

    Average 10% (1 in every 10 students) can score straight A nowadays !!

    In other words, in the LH class size of average 45 students, the top 5 students in the class are potential straight A students.

    Bear in mind, this is just statistics for straight A. There are many more (definately more than the number of straight A students) that got 5A and 6A...

    Is the A carry the weight it supposed to have nowadays ??

  8. #683
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USJ2
    Posts
    831
    A's are overated...
    My A's are far and few between from Secondary, SPM through my college (0 A's throughout my college time)
    It still work out fine for me...

    Cheers...

  9. #684
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    749
    Just sharing



    Ya, they are Transformer indeed.

  10. #685
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascada View Post

    Selangor : 7914 from 84296 students (9.4 % scored straight A)

    Wilayah Persekutuan : 2108 from 21403 students (9.8% scored straight A)

    Average 10% (1 in every 10 students) can score straight A nowadays !!

    In other words, in the LH class size of average 45 students, the top 5 students in the class are potential straight A students.

    Bear in mind, this is just statistics for straight A. There are many more (definately more than the number of straight A students) that got 5A and 6A...

    Is the A carry the weight it supposed to have nowadays ??
    Allow me to make an exception to post a reply..

    Good exam result is important because it reflects (to a great extent) the level of discipline and the determination of the students in their studies.

    There are 92 straight A students in LH from 530 UPSR students this year. This is 17%, almost double if compare to the Selangor average of 9.4%.

    Apply this probability to an average class size of 45, the top 8 students in the class would be the likely straight A students. Therefore, indisputably, LH is a top school in churning out students with the best UPSR result.

    Now, the next question is – whether the A carry the same weight or quality that it supposed to have ?

    I guess the best measurement is compare with Singapore students in the equivalent age group. I did such comparison before and would like to share with you guys using my own comparison..

    I asked my kid to do the exam papers of Singapore primary school of the same age group. Let’s exclude BM (there is no BM in Singapore) and Chinese (the standard of Chinese in Singapore is too low for a good comparison). I focused on 3 core subjects – English, Science and Math. Fyi, these 3 subjects are also the core subjects for international school in commonwealth country for primary level.

    His average sores in LH : English (86), Science (85), Math (82)
    His scores in Singapore exam : English (71), Science (90), Math (81)

    I believe the answers are good indicators…
    LH academic standard in Science and Math are equivalent to Singapore. For English, it is understandable that a Chinese school like LH will never match the Standard of English in Singapore.

    Hence, the conclusion is - as far as your kids are within the Top 10 in the class of LH, they are competitive globally (with the exception of English).

    UPSR is just a local assessment and the numbers of A may not be useful when come to global competitiveness. It is the competency in core subjects and key languages that make a difference later.


    Cheers.

  11. #686
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    749
    From Tong Fang's newspaper, LH HM mentioned that:
    - LH will build covered basketball court and the project to start very soon, estimated need RM200k, target to complete next year;
    - to convert 4 classroom in block A to become "History Corridor" to showcase the history of LH, estimated need RM200k, including renovation, decoration, target to complete by next year CNY
    - the next project is to build 美术馆 (art gallery ?) to allow children to draw and paint in the art gallery, to promote their artistic sense.


  12. #687
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SUBANG JAYA
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by nescafeADay View Post
    Just sharing



    Ya, they are Transformer indeed.
    I LAUGH till tears... When my daughter was in Std 1, she used to tell me.. school should test should ask "HOW MANY DISNEY PRINCESS.... or if asked.. what are BARNEY friends name.. she tell me, SURE she will get 100%%%..... ha ha.. these TRANSFORMER so funny...

    Now she is in scondary.. she say if the school ask the TOP 10 billboard songs... sure she will know the answer... She always know the answer to RADIO QUIZ... but could not figure out what is require in SEJARAH, GEO ....

  13. #688
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    16
    Congratulation to Lick Hung School cause get the best school for the SJKC in the UPSR exam in Selangor State.

  14. #689
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by nescafeADay View Post
    From Tong Fang's newspaper, LH HM mentioned that:
    - LH will build covered basketball court and the project to start very soon, estimated need RM200k, target to complete next year;
    - to convert 4 classroom in block A to become "History Corridor" to showcase the history of LH, estimated need RM200k, including renovation, decoration, target to complete by next year CNY
    - the next project is to build 美术馆 (art gallery ?) to allow children to draw and paint in the art gallery, to promote their artistic sense.

    Thanks for the translation!! GOOD GOOD GOOD !!

  15. #690
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiga View Post
    ....... Let’s exclude BM (there is no BM in Singapore) and Chinese (the standard of Chinese in Singapore is too low for a good comparison). I focused on 3 core subjects – English, Science and Math. Fyi, these 3 subjects are also the core subjects for international school in commonwealth country for primary level.

    ......
    Just to share with you....there are 2 Chinese subjects in Singapore, namely, Chinese and Higher Chinese. Higher Chinese is for student who can cope well in the subject. Students in Singapore are advised to the choice of Chinese subject (Chinese or Higher Chinese) depend on his learning ability.

    Meanwhile, all languages examination comes 4 portions, i.e, listening comprehension, oral, composition and written test. I guess the written test you see in the market is just one part of it.
    有才而性缓定属大才,有智而气和斯为大智.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •