SJKC Lick Hung Parents' Support Group - Part 2 - Page 45
Page 45 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 1835

Thread: SJKC Lick Hung Parents' Support Group - Part 2

  1. #661
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by ctb View Post
    ...
    I agree too. Whatever was done by HM or his cronies, let God deal with them. I was disappointed with parents too as they say they love their children but never attend the concert and give support to their children. I know a few parents are like that.
    ctb,

    Surely you know how the tickets were being sold ? If not, I am happy to tell you now. I was actually hoping not to raise this issue.

    The parents do love their children that is why they allowed their children to take part in the concert.

    What parents do not like is the manner in which the school tried to "force sell the tickets" by using the children. I heard from my own children that the teachers said if they want to take part, they have to buy tickets or else cannot do so Is this fair ? Isn't it a form of blackmail ?

    I know many of the parents of the 500+ children who took part, they bought the tickets as well to allow their children to participate but reluctant to show up and surrendered to such underhand "blackmailed"

    Perhaps, in the future, the school can be sincere and honest in its fund raising efforts. This school management has got no integrity to force sell tickets this way

    Please don't tell me that this is not so. I have bought 2 tickets out of such "coercion" so that my children can take part and I refuse to attend. I don't need you to tell me whether I love my children or not.

    Please spend your energy to tell the school to do things honestly.

    I am disappointed that you try to cover up for the school's dishonesty by saying the parents don't support their own children.

  2. #662
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    2) Report card day - wait for next year 2014 - this academic year is basically done and closed.

    ...
    Ever since my child join LH, there was never 'Report Card Day' where parents could meet the teacher. If you want to see the teacher, just walk in and knock on the classroom door and talk. Mana Ada Sistem kat LH?

  3. #663
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    6,964
    currymee did a no-no....welcome to the plantation

    Next time, settle any issues out of court la

    As for the others, please do not start another unnecessary war here and no poking at the fire ahh, OK?

    I have moved the argument off to the moderation channel
    Last edited by kwchang; 13-11-2013 at 05:30 PM.

  4. #664
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by kwchang View Post
    currymee did a no-no....welcome to the plantation

    Next time, settle any issues out of court la

    As for the others, please do not start another unnecessary war here and no poking at the fire ahh, OK?

    I have moved the argument off to the moderation channel

    Hi KWChang, please delete this post if you find it inappropriate. Don't have bad intention, just to clarify what happen on my side.

    My children took part and performed that night, and NO SUCH THING as must buy tickets or else cannot perform thingy happened; NO BLACKMAIL happened.

    I remember my children had been practising for quite long for the concert, before we got the notice about the concert. Only when we got the notice from their classes, then only we knew we could buy ticket to watch them perform. At first we still thought it's for some internal school function that we might miss the chance to see them.

    Just sharing my side of story. No offend.
    Last edited by nescafeADay; 13-11-2013 at 06:26 PM.

  5. #665
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    25
    I do not wish to argue with another parent but please note that I said my children's teachers.

    Obviously, your children class teacher is one of the better ones. Congratulations to you. Unfortunately, not all of our children are as lucky as yours.


    Quote Originally Posted by nescafeADay View Post
    Hi KWChang, please delete this post if you find it inappropriate. Don't have bad intention, just to clarify what happen on my side.

    My children took part and performed that night, and NO SUCH THING as must buy tickets or else cannot perform thingy happened; NO BLACKMAIL happened.

    I remember my children had been practising for quite long for the concert, before we got the notice about the concert. Only when we got the notice from their classes, then only we knew we could buy ticket to watch them perform. At first we still thought it's for some internal school function that we might miss the chance to see them.

    Just sharing my side of story. No offend.

  6. #666
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by willyong View Post
    I do not wish to argue with another parent but please note that I said my children's teachers.

    Obviously, your children class teacher is one of the better ones. Congratulations to you. Unfortunately, not all of our children are as lucky as yours.
    Don't worry Willyong. No argument here. PEACE Just sharing our side of stories. So that we all don't '一竹竿打翻一船人‘ (satu galah tenggelamkan sekapal orang), especially when talking about teachers here.

  7. #667
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    6,964
    It is NEVER right to talk bad about another person.

    And more importantly, NEVER generalise...one incident does not mean everything is wrong.

    More importantly, if anyone makes an accusation, that person need to be aware that the accusation could lead to some legal action if accusations are without grounds. Do not hide behind an anonymous nickname. It is not a license to slander

  8. #668
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    25
    PUBLIC APOLOGY TO HM SJKC LICK HUNG

    Dear Sir,

    I humbly and publicly apologise to you for not verifying my children's statements regarding what was supposedly said in the assembly before I posted angrily in this forum.

    The children were repeating some comments made by other children during the assembly. It is my mistake to listen to the children blindly and reacted without thinking.

    Please accept my sincere public apology.

    I also apologise for all the things I said about the school.

    I will stop posting in this forum as it causes me a lot of troubles in my family with my wife and children.



    Quote Originally Posted by willyong View Post
    Emotional Bullying/Blackmailing The School Children

    My children called me over the telephone just now and told me that during the school assembly this morning, the HM scolded the children and bad-mouthed all the parents for the poor support of last Saturday evening's concert to raise fund for the basketball roof.

    Is this how a Gurubesar Cemerlang behaves ? I remember this very same HM mentioned in the PIBG AGM that no matter what differences of opinions he may have with parents, it is not his way to take it out on the children. So, why is he emotionally bullying and blackmailing them now ? Why scold the children if the parents do not agree or do not wish to support the construction of the basketball roof ? Write to the parents if you dare.

    To make things worse, some teachers were heard to openly condemn the parents and told the children that if their parents don't support the school HM and school construction projects, it is best for them to transfer and leave.

    Has SJKC Lick Hung under Mr Tan Swee Huat degenerated into such a shameless money-grabbing school ?

    I am very disappointed to hear all these.

  9. #669
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    Congratulations to SJKC Lick Hung Std 6 Students 2013

    I was informed by a few very happy and excited parents and teachers that the school has done very well in this year's UPSR examinations. Congratulations to all the students and teachers and well done to the 92 students who scored 7As and a student who scored all 7As in the A+ category (I believe she is the top SJKC student in Selangor) It seems that LH has also improved in every subject

    Now before any parent starts to compare against previous years, please note that starting this year, total students taking the UPSR exam is around 100 less (2 classes) than previous years, i.e. about 500+ students. Next year, only around 450+ as the school streamlines to 400 students per year. So, comparison to be made should be adjusted based on percentage of 7As over total candidates, rather than absolute numbers.

    SJKC Lick Hung is also the top SJKC in Selangor.

    Overall, CONGRATULATIONS to LH Std 6 Students and teachers.

    For the FULL EXACT OFFICIAL NUMBERS, I guess we have to wait for the school HM to upload it onto the school website.
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  10. #670
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SUBANG JAYA
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    Congratulations to SJKC Lick Hung Std 6 Students 2013

    I was informed by a few very happy and excited parents and teachers that the school has done very well in this year's UPSR examinations. Congratulations to all the students and teachers and well done to the 92 students who scored 7As and a student who scored all 7As in the A+ category (I believe she is the top SJKC student in Selangor) It seems that LH has also improved in every subject

    Now before any parent starts to compare against previous years, please note that starting this year, total students taking the UPSR exam is around 100 less (2 classes) than previous years, i.e. about 500+ students. Next year, only around 450+ as the school streamlines to 400 students per year. So, comparison to be made should be adjusted based on percentage of 7As over total candidates, rather than absolute numbers.

    SJKC Lick Hung is also the top SJKC in Selangor.

    Overall, CONGRATULATIONS to LH Std 6 Students and teachers.

    For the FULL EXACT OFFICIAL NUMBERS, I guess we have to wait for the school HM to upload it onto the school website.
    WOW... top SJKC student in Selangor.. that is good. Congratulations to her...

  11. #671
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    One parent (maybe a LH teacher ? ) PM me just now and asked if I would support the extra tuition IF it is proven to be a successful formula.

    Let me say this clearly ONE MORE TIME - and try to read carefully and don't misunderstand - I know a few senior teachers have been going around saying parents want to abolish all tuition and let the school performance suffer - BULLSHIT !!! :

    1) I am not against the extra tuition. I have encouraged where necessary and even supplied numerous times the contacts of good tuition teachers. (Note: I did not give out the names of these teachers, maybe they are not so happy with me for not recommending them !! )

    2) I am just against the approach of the LH school management in early 2013 that "shoved" the extra tuition down the parents throats at the start of the year as "compulsary" esp on the young ones in Std 1-3. I just ask for the school to give parents the OPTION to choose and as we all know, kiasu/kiasi LH parents, 90%+ will take up, so why the "heavy handed, big bully" approach ? It is all unnecessary heavy-handedness. We, parents, are not dumb, we know what is good and bad as well !!

    3) If you refer back to the original petition proposal, I support extra tuition for those students in Tahap 2 going for UPSR but question the need for such high intensity/frequency esp on Saturday for Std 6 (give them a break on Sat) where we could have continue with the formula of previous years and format for Std 4 and 5.

    4) I am also against the LH school management charging for extra tuition fees WITHOUT PROPER NOTICES and details. Yes, you can charge but tell us in writing, no verbal, give receipts !! ACCOUNTABILITY !!

    PLEASE CONTINUE THE EXTRA TUITION, BUT PLEASE DO IT PROFESSIONALLY AND PROPERLY. That is all. So, please stop spreading rumours and lies about PIBG and parents wanting to CANCEL ALL TUITION, we just ask for you to do things properly, professional and respect parental rights and choice to choose.

    For those teachers that insist on spreading these malicious misinformation, (you know who you are, no need for me to say your name in public) if you don't understand English , I can get someone to translate into Mandarin for you.


    I know the school HM and teachers will be meeting up to plan and discuss the extra tuition programme for 2014 soon. All I ask is - PLEASE DO SO PROFESSIONALLY - no more "wajib", you can HIGHLY RECOMMEND and state the value and benefits but allow us to choose. Trust me, you will get 95-100 % uptake rate esp for Std 4, 5 and 6 - the critical UPSR years.
    Last edited by currymee; 14-11-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  12. #672
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by elea88 View Post
    WOW... top SJKC student in Selangor.. that is good. Congratulations to her...
    Besides congratulations, I want to know what tangible advantage she can have in her future studies ??

    And for all those who did well in UPSR previously ( I believe some of them are the forumers' friends/relatives children), just take a closer look at them what extra edge they got in their secondary studies... ??

    With the exception of going to Singapore, I see zero badvantage of the A.

    I like A too but I just feel sad to see parents and school get so indulge in A where the A are actually close to nothing..

  13. #673
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuang View Post
    Besides congratulations, I want to know what tangible advantage she can have in her future studies ??

    And for all those who did well in UPSR previously ( I believe some of them are the forumers' friends/relatives children), just take a closer look at them what extra edge they got in their secondary studies... ??

    With the exception of going to Singapore, I see zero badvantage of the A.

    I like A too but I just feel sad to see parents and school get so indulge in A where the A are actually close to nothing..


    I don't mean to offend but maybe you can post your thoughts a bit later. You have a valid point but too soon lah. it will spoil the mood. Cheers.. and congratulations to all students, parents and teachers..

  14. #674
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    subang
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Karipap Cinta View Post
    I don't mean to offend but maybe you can post your thoughts a bit later. You have a valid point but too soon lah. it will spoil the mood. Cheers.. and congratulations to all students, parents and teachers..
    UPSR results were out yesterday. Congratulations to those who have done well! As for the rest, please don’t despair. UPSR is only a comma in our lives. There is more to come! Life is full of colors and surprises, and learning is a journey that never ends.

    A big THANK YOU to all teachers who have sowed their effort, patience, love and guidance to our little ones.

    Ah! SURVEY RESULTS…( http://www.lhpibg.blogspot.com/2013/...pibg-2013.html ) I hope the school management will take note and listen to the voices of parents as reflected in this survey. As parents, it is our responsibility to decide for our beloved children what they really want and we will do our very best to provide.

    To the HM and teachers that will be planning the extra tuition for 2014, please put yourselves in our shoes, if you were parents like us, wouldn't you prefer the school to give you a choice? No one likes to be told what to do especially when you have to pay as well. Wouldn't it be nicer and better that you get parental support with consent than reluctant compliance through coercion?

    Think about this and what currymee said when he asks for parents to be given a choice. He never said not to support extra tuition but just to implement them professionally - wouldn't you want that too if you were a LH parent ? That is why he gets so many parents support on this issue.

    Lastly, to all of us here who have worked hard for this year, remember to have some time out during this long school break to spend quality time with our loved ones, clear the mind and calm the hearts. Let us let down our hair as we wrap up for the year.

    Happy holidays to all! Till we meet again on 2 January 2014 with a renewed passion to embrace the coming year with joy in our hearts and smiles on our faces.

    God bless.

  15. #675
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SUBANG JAYA
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuang View Post
    Besides congratulations, I want to know what tangible advantage she can have in her future studies ??

    And for all those who did well in UPSR previously ( I believe some of them are the forumers' friends/relatives children), just take a closer look at them what extra edge they got in their secondary studies... ??

    With the exception of going to Singapore, I see zero badvantage of the A.

    I like A too but I just feel sad to see parents and school get so indulge in A where the A are actually close to nothing..

    7As.. ensure entry to CHINESE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL... (i hv no idea what is advantage of these schools.. maybe someone can enlighten me)
    My eldest is 13 this year. so, last year, most of her 7A's friends.. are in these Chinese INDEPENDENT SCHOOL - eg: KUEN CHENG; High school in PJ (forgot name), Hin Hwa klang, Penang etc.

    More A's.. Get into TOP CLASSES in kebangsaan school.... where streaming will start. So, all the 7A's 5A's will be in the same class.
    Dedicated teachers for these classes...Why dedicted? Coz students are attentive, and homework are done in time.... also classmates same mentality.. come to school to study type of student. If less A will go to C or D class... then most classmates dun bother to do homework.. and teacher also no mood to teach. End up more stress for the Parent whose kid is not in the top class.

    More A's....Easier entry even to PRIVATE or INT schools... coz if last minute register, some school have waiting list. and with 7A... i am sure most school will open the door to welcome the 7A kid.

    Mentally, not sure, (afterall not proven, my personal opinion only)... will the kids get burn out by UNI time? EMO problems?

    This is just my 2 cents thought.. on the topic "WHY 7A'S...."

    ahem.. also with 7A can go round banks and associations collect incentive money.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •