SJKC Lick Hung Parents' Support Group - Part 2 - Page 44
Page 44 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 1835

Thread: SJKC Lick Hung Parents' Support Group - Part 2

  1. #646
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by willyong View Post
    Emotional Bullying/Blackmailing The School Children

    My children called me over the telephone just now and told me that during the school assembly this morning, the HM scolded the children and bad-mouthed all the parents for the poor support of last Saturday evening's concert to raise fund for the basketball roof.

    Is this how a Gurubesar Cemerlang behaves ? I remember this very same HM mentioned in the PIBG AGM that no matter what differences of opinions he may have with parents, it is not his way to take it out on the children. So, why is he emotionally bullying and blackmailing them now ? Why scold the children if the parents do not agree or do not wish to support the construction of the basketball roof ? Write to the parents if you dare.

    To make things worse, some teachers were heard to openly condemn the parents and told the children that if their parents don't support the school HM and school construction projects, it is best for them to transfer and leave.

    Has SJKC Lick Hung under Mr Tan Swee Huat degenerated into such a shameless money-grabbing school ?

    I am very disappointed to hear all these.


    How can a HM say that ?

    Now you mentioned it, I just recalled. Ya, that night, during his speech, the Chairman Mr Khoo did mention something like, "based on the number of students participating in the concert (500 if I am not mistaken, please pardon my aging brain), the number of parents attending is DISAPPOINTING."

    Now channelling that to the kids... goodness.

  2. #647
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    Thank you for the PIBG updates but ....

    Where is the PARENTS" SURVEY RESULT on the extra tuition ? ... long overdue I want to see the ACTUAL NUMBER OF VOTES per question, not some fancy statistics, percentages etc ... sorry, I also know how to manipulate data and statistics to suit my intentions, so show me the RAW NUMBERS ....

    I heard from one of my trusted LH teachers that HM is planning for a new extra "compulsary" tuition programme by calling for a full LH staff meeting in December 2013. She was chessed off as she had to change her family holiday plans.

    So, you AJK better hurry up and get a move on this !!! I hope the PIBG AJK will publish the survey results out ASAP, so that PARENTS' VIEWS AND FEEDBACKS will be taken into account by the school management when they meet in December in planning for the extra tuition.

    I hope I don't have to go through all the sh*t that I went through this year in fighting for an OPTIONAL EXTRA TUITION for parents in 2014 again. I hope the school management will respect the PARENTS' RIGHT AND CHOICE TO CHOOSE on extra tuition with FULL PROPER DETAILS like fees etc in a proper notice (no verbal nonsense) - BE PROFESSIONAL, after all, we have TO PAY and if option/choices are not given, that is EXTORTION and we repeat everything again .... !!!
    Hi CM,

    I think they hear you. Finally the cow is home

    presenting ..... The survey result ...

    The total of respondents to the survey = 2157
    standard 1 = 329
    standard 2 = 316
    standard 3 = 344
    standard 4 = 334
    standard 5 = 399
    standard 6 = 435
    (Some parents did not answer all the questions in the survey form)



    Refer: http://www.lhpibg.blogspot.com/2013/...pibg-2013.html

  3. #648
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    I asked my son about this incident and he said HM mentioned something, something in assembly ... but like most of his friends, they all don't know what he is talking about (as usual) ... hahahahaa ....

    Don't take it too seriously, IT IS ALL TALK (hot air) ... "to lepas geram" at parents for not supporting his money-making schemes with the ex-AJK Chairman ... told you they are "businessmen" in LH ... grumbling about "POOR SALES/REVENUES" to squeeze from parents ... hahahaha ... And if you want to hold the HM on this, he will tell you that your children misheard and misinterpreted his speech and it is ALL KOPITIAM TALK ... so ... the usual excuses from him ... relax, just take it with a big bottle of salt !!

    If they want money so bad, they should go and ask from all those big, big KLSE listed-corporations, after all, HM and ex-Chariman always boasted that they know so-and-so-and-so .... so, go beg them ... if you really want the roof ... I read from one of the comments in the PIBG blog last week that 65% of the parents want the canteen first !!!


    Quote Originally Posted by willyong View Post
    Emotional Bullying/Blackmailing The School Children

    My children called me over the telephone just now and told me that during the school assembly this morning, the HM scolded the children and bad-mouthed all the parents for the poor support of last Saturday evening's concert to raise fund for the basketball roof.

    Is this how a Gurubesar Cemerlang behaves ? I remember this very same HM mentioned in the PIBG AGM that no matter what differences of opinions he may have with parents, it is not his way to take it out on the children. So, why is he emotionally bullying and blackmailing them now ? Why scold the children if the parents do not agree or do not wish to support the construction of the basketball roof ? Write to the parents if you dare.

    To make things worse, some teachers were heard to openly condemn the parents and told the children that if their parents don't support the school HM and school construction projects, it is best for them to transfer and leave.

    Has SJKC Lick Hung under Mr Tan Swee Huat degenerated into such a shameless money-grabbing school ?

    I am very disappointed to hear all these.
    Quote Originally Posted by nescafeADay View Post


    How can a HM say that ?

    Now you mentioned it, I just recalled. Ya, that night, during his speech, the Chairman Mr Khoo did mention something like, "based on the number of students participating in the concert (500 if I am not mistaken, please pardon my aging brain), the number of parents attending is DISAPPOINTING."

    Now channelling that to the kids... goodness.
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  4. #649
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    Quote Originally Posted by nescafeADay View Post
    Hi CM,

    I think they hear you. Finally the cow is home

    presenting ..... The survey result ...

    The total of respondents to the survey = 2157
    standard 1 = 329
    standard 2 = 316
    standard 3 = 344
    standard 4 = 334
    standard 5 = 399
    standard 6 = 435
    (Some parents did not answer all the questions in the survey form)



    Refer: http://www.lhpibg.blogspot.com/2013/...pibg-2013.html
    Oh !! It is published already !! Thank you

    Time to do some data analysis and number crunching ...
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  5. #650
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    I asked my son about this incident and he said HM mentioned something, something in assembly ... but like most of his friends, they all don't know what he is talking about (as usual) ... hahahahaa ....

    Don't take it too seriously, IT IS ALL TALK (hot air) ... "to lepas geram" at parents for not supporting his money-making schemes with the ex-AJK Chairman ... told you they are "businessmen" in LH ... grumbling about "POOR SALES/REVENUES" to squeeze from parents ... hahahaha ... And if you want to hold the HM on this, he will tell you that your children misheard and misinterpreted his speech and it is ALL KOPITIAM TALK ... so ... the usual excuses from him ... relax, just take it with a big bottle of salt !!

    If they want money so bad, they should go and ask from all those big, big KLSE listed-corporations, after all, HM and ex-Chariman always boasted that they know so-and-so-and-so .... so, go beg them ... if you really want the roof ... I read from one of the comments in the PIBG blog last week that 65% of the parents want the canteen first !!!
    currymee,

    You may not regard the HM 's emotional bullying or blackmailing the children as serious based on your own child's nonchalant attitude but please note that for some children like mine, it is a distressing episode and as a concerned parent, IT IS A DAMN SERIOUS ISSUE ! So, please do not belittle other parents' concerns in this forum Like you have said before, the forum belongs to ALL parents and not monopolised by you and your topics alone.

    I will sort out this HM with the Ministry of Education on this issue.

  6. #651
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    Dear willyong,

    My sincerest apologies to you

    It was never my intention to belittle any parent's concern or issue in the forum.

    You are absolutely right in saying that the forum belongs to ALL parents and not just me alone.

    I have no excuses to give or wish to make. I accept my errors of judgement in the severity of the issue raised and for my offending post.

    I hope you can accept my apologies. Thank you if you do

    PS: I hope the HM (and some of the teachers) also realised the severity of their remarks and comments made to the children in school.



    Quote Originally Posted by willyong View Post
    currymee,

    You may not regard the HM 's emotional bullying or blackmailing the children as serious based on your own child's nonchalant attitude but please note that for some children like mine, it is a distressing episode and as a concerned parent, IT IS A DAMN SERIOUS ISSUE ! So, please do not belittle other parents' concerns in this forum Like you have said before, the forum belongs to ALL parents and not monopolised by you and your topics alone.

    I will sort out this HM with the Ministry of Education on this issue.
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  7. #652
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    Latest School Notice (from school website)

    http://www.lickhung.edu.my/2013/11/f...2013-schedule/

    A zoom version:

    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  8. #653
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    I have to say that the school is doing a good job recently in posting up the notices/announcements very promptly.

    Keep up the good work - HM and Mr Kenny Liong.

    Suggestion: Please look at YakChee's website that puts the notices as main feature instead of a big SWF (flash) pixs of the school library etc ... the swf slows down the website ...
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  9. #654
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    I have to say that the school is doing a good job recently in posting up the notices/announcements very promptly.

    Keep up the good work - HM and Mr Kenny Liong.

    Suggestion: Please look at YakChee's website that puts the notices as main feature instead of a big SWF (flash) pixs of the school library etc ... the swf slows down the website ...
    Agree

    also just sharing this, read it from the web, quite nice. in short, just do good, "at the end, it's between you and God."

  10. #655
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    145
    For parents of children who obtained 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, they are invited to school on 15th Nov.

    What about other children? Is there a 'report card day' to see/talk to teachers?

    For Std 2 2014, will the children have the same form teacher as Std 1?

  11. #656
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Fledgeling View Post
    For parents of children who obtained 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, they are invited to school on 15th Nov.

    What about other children? Is there a 'report card day' to see/talk to teachers?

    For Std 2 2014, will the children have the same form teacher as Std 1?
    1) As you can see from notice (below) - if the children (Std 1-3) did not get any prizes - it is a HOLIDAY !!

    2) Report card day - wait for next year 2014 - this academic year is basically done and closed.

    3) Same class teacher from Std 1 to Std 2 .... that all depends on the HM's planning, so up to him to decide ( or his Asst HMs to be more accurate ... since this HM is well-known to pass all his work to them and these "little-wanna-be" dragons will "lord" over all the others - this fact is reported by LH teachers ) ...



    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    Latest School Notice (from school website)

    http://www.lickhung.edu.my/2013/11/f...2013-schedule/

    A zoom version:

    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  12. #657
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    2 more days to go .....

    HOLIDAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Something LH has taught me as a parent to love, appreciate and treasure ....
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  13. #658
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SUBANG JAYA
    Posts
    129
    my boy enjoying himself these few days... every day Monopoly, scrabble, chess in school.... and arts & crafts. This ensures no 'PONTENG' from school and the kid look forward to school everyday.

  14. #659
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by willyong View Post
    ..... I will sort out this HM with the Ministry of Education on this issue.
    Any progress... ?

    Mind share in this forum...

  15. #660
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Usj
    Posts
    38
    also just sharing this, read it from the web, quite nice. in short, just do good, "at the end, it's between you and God."
    [/QUOTE]

    I agree too. Whatever was done by HM or his cronies, let God deal with them. I was disappointed with parents too as they say they love their children but never attend the concert and give support to their children. I know a few parents are like that.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •