Sent 2 bags of books 2 weeks ago.... includes enid blyton's
Collected 2 books from mWong and she mentioned this to me too. Asked me if I know anyone who reads Enid Blyton's as she has a fresh supply from Franky. It's great that you donated some of the books to the club.
This is my 2nd time loaning books from the book club. There are some good choices worth checking out. If you run out of books to read (like moi!), you can always join this book exchange club held on alternate Sundays.
It is basically, quote "Shelfari is the premier social network for people who love books. Create a virtual shelf to show off your books, see what your friends are reading and discover new books...." Unquote.
We are in the midst of setting up a book shelf for the books we are having, for you to browse through and if you want to exchange or borrow any that's on our shelf, just email or pm me or other volunteers who are running this program with me.
But, you can only browse through the group's (SJ/USJ Residents' Book Club)shelf as a member. We welcome you to join us. Just pm me your email address - which is all it needs, to get started.
It is very simple - see any book/s you like to exchange or loan, pm me or post it here & I'll hold the book for your collection at the Bk Exch Prog (BEP) which we have every 1st & 3rd Sunday of the month.
We have just updated our SHELFARI bookshelf with the following new additions:
1) The Icon / Neil Olson
2) The Bachman Books / Stephen Kings
3) Priestess of the White Bk 1 / Trudi Canavan
4) The Harem Within / Fatima Mernissi
5) Sovereign / CJ Sansom
6) The Malice Box / Martin Langfield
7) Cloud Atlas / David Mitchell
8) The Border Trilogy / Cormac McCarthy
We are still in the midst of putting more books on the shelf.
These books are available either for Exchange or Loan.
Thanks to the generosity of a forumer, Blackcloud73, we now have another big box-full of really good books available for our BEP. Been too busy reading a few of the books, hence, the delay in updating the bk list....
Books I've added to our SHELFARI bookshelf as well :-
1) Memories of Midnight / Sidney Sheldon
2) Simply Divide: Bad Heir Day / Wendy Holden
3) Amber Spyglass / Philip Pullman
4) Rage of Angels / Sidney Sheldon
5) The forest wife trilogy / Theresa Tomlinson
6) All American Girl / Meg Cabot
7) Where rainbows end / Cecilia Ahern
8) The wives of Bath / Wendy Holden
9) A matter of Honour / Jeffrey Archer
10) The Burning Girl / Mark Billingham
11) The Naked face / Sidney Sheldon
12) Talking to Addison / Jenny Colgan
13) Angels / Marian Keyes
14) Boy meets Girl / Meg Cabot
15) The Stars shine down / Sidney Sheldon
16) Bergdorf Blondes / Plum Sykes
17) Never too late / Cathy Kelly
18) The Prodigal Daughter / Jeffrey Archer
19) Death Du Jour / Kathy Reichs
20) The Red Room / Nicci French
21) Dance While You Can / Susan Lewis
22) My fake Wedding! / Mina Ford
23) The bride stripped bare / ?
24) Kane & Able / Jeffrey Archer
25) The Subtle Knife / Philip Pullman
1) Mates, dates, designer ../ Cathy Hopkins
2) Unnatural exposure / Patricia Cornwell
3) If tomorrow comes / Sidney Sheldon
4) Can you keep a secret? / Sophie Kinsella
5) Angels and Demons / Dan Brown
6) Black Notice / Patricia Cornwell
7) Windfall / Penny Vincenzi
8) Getting personal / Chris Manby
9) Twelve red herrings / Jeffrey Archer
10) The doomsday conspiracy / Sidney Sheldon
11) Francesca's Party / Patricia Scanlan
12) Cruel and unusual / Patricia Cornwell
13) Morning, noon & night / Sidney Sheldon
14) Azur like it / Wendy Holden
15) The Omega sanction / Joe Dalton
16) Amanda's Wedding / Jenny Colgan
17) The other side of midnight / Sidney Sheldon
18) The sands of time / Sidney Sheldon
Many more titles have been added to our Shelfari shelf. Check them out here: Shelfari.
I also have a few reference & work books to be given away:
Ref Bks :
1) Biology (SPM) by Suhaila Ahmad & Doris Siaw - contents presented in the forms of mind maps & diagrams for easy memorisation.
2) Forus Super Physics (SPM) by SL Chang, Koay & Yew
3) Heinemann Advanced Science: Chemistry, by Ann & Patrick Fullick
1) Siri Koleksi Kertas Ramalan Biology SPM by Choo LC & Prisya Radha
2) Siri Koleksi .................... Chemistry SPM by Tan Eng Lai
3) Koleksi Kertas Peperiksaan sebenar Physics SPM by Tee Hock Tian
We'll be having a book exchange session this Sunday, 20/2/11 at 2-5pm in the USJ 2 Community Centre. Come join us...
We have added in more books to our virtual bookshelf here SHELFARI . These books are available for exchange. Just bring the books you've read & no longer want to keep & exchange them for new titles. No registration required & totally FREE!
Thank you mWong for this truly good effort. I have loads of old books, some my own, some don't know from where. But some have yellowed and smell musty. Would anyone be interested? I saw your list and the books thereon can be considered rather recent. Or should I just donate them away? I love books and so have not have the heart to throw them away.