Ada Sikit Problem With These Issues
Can some sifus tell me how to solve the following :
1. Whenever I shut down the PC, there is always this notification to inform me that there is a program called SAMPLE which is still running and gives me the option to "end now" or not
2. I keep on receiving unknown emails (which I never open) in my Yahoo mail. Standard size of emails is about 41K
I am using Ad Aware and AVG.
1. Get HijackThis software for a registry health check. Some adware program may left out some entry but this show you more details. note: HijackThis was not a spyware or worms, however mcafee detect it as a worms. Check out the news here http://merijn.org/
2. Try check all the spammy and click on "SPAM" button. However we'll never able to get rid of it but can stop some...
Will try Hijack This !
Actually, I used Merijin's software before. But a bit too hi tech for me.
While I was at the site, also downloaded Bug Off !
Hope all these will chase the problems away.
If you still have problem..post here ^^
The "Sample" problem still there
Dunno abt the email, havent receive any.......
hmmm would help if you could post the hijackthis log...
I think it may a Adware
The file size looks like something I have encountered, it may be an adware. The file may be an SearchExe adware. You can try to use lavasoft to take it out. And also check if anything extra install in the add or remove program in the settings/control panel.
I also used Panda antivirus.
The SAMPLE still there
The 41K or 42K e-mails, still coming in.........
Go to www.trendmicro.com and try out their free online-scanner. It might be able to clean this SAMPLE.
On the Spam on Yahoo, there's nothing u can do about it. But never reply to it. You can also try to block the sender email addy.
Don't know what OS you're running...I suppose it is XP..
You'll have to login as an administrator or a login with administrator rights to do this...
You may like to try this link...http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
This is a small utility that tells you what is on your start up list. It's by Mike Lin. Install it and then run it. See if you have the sample exe. file listed. Then delete it or disable it.
On the spam messages...you may try these:-
1. Change your email address with Yahoo.
2. Future unknown mails just delete them. Don't even open it!
3. When logout from Yahoo, empty your temp files, reboot.
4. Be aware of your surfing habits. Don't click on links if you're not fully aware\trust the links.
5. Best is to type it manually yourself in your browser's url box.
If you have a legit XP and broadband, do the security updates...but first do these with IE:-
1. Goto your internet options.
2. Under the security tab, set the internet zone to high.
3. Do the Windows Update from the Tools\Windows update menu.
4. Microsoft would return an error message and asking you to type some websites into the Trusted zone. Follow it.
5. Once you have them configured, keep the Internet zone as high. If you encounter problem, you may have to put www.microsoft.com into your trusted zone temporarily.
6. Then do a Windows update again.
7. This way, you're minimising your browser being phished...
After these security updates, you may like to try Firefox, but get some of its extensions as well, like, Adblock, SpoofStick and NoScript....If you do use Firefox, set the IE's internet zone to high.
Good luck on these experimentations...and have fun!
Will try out all those stuff when I have the time.....maybe tonite.
And, maybe change the browser............ke ke ke
If you want to change browser, I recommend you to use firefox, faster and a lot of features and its FREE!
Check it out at:
I only use IE when "some" webpage (very few infact) need IE to work properly.