Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57

Thread: Mitv

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    1,371
    http://www.mitv.com.my/
    Mitv is live and kicking..lets hope for some sports goodies

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    170
    Astro HBO, StarMovies, Cinemax are filled with repeats & old movies, what i was watching in 2003 is still repeating now. Axn movies even worst....

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by n6688my
    Astro HBO, StarMovies, Cinemax are filled with repeats & old movies, what i was watching in 2003 is still repeating now. Axn movies even worst....

    Earn more money ma..... Become billionaire faster

    That's why we need another tv station to compete with this monopolized business !

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski
    Hi all
    Does anyone know when this station will be launched..not heard any news so far.. Astro needs some competition as their programmes are being repeated and its losing its oomp. I feel I am short change as i am not receiving quality programmes and below par. Some of the movies shown are second rated and repeated .But the information/doumentary channels are fine.

    TQ
    You are right. Most of the programmes are repeat and repeat. Even movies which are on air several times each year for the past 2-3 years are repeat again. The HBOs, cinemax and other movies are totally unwatchable. Even channel 39 are repeated. Some of the chinese channels even have series dated 1985. I guess we really need competition.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    usj3a
    Posts
    29
    AASthrow suck only live sports event is good other all repetitive....wast of money better buy DVD haram and watch the latest cause its cheaper....inflasi ma......buy cheap cheap thing.....

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski
    http://www.mitv.com.my/
    Mitv is live and kicking..lets hope for some sports goodies

    But the website doesn't say much about Mitv's programme or when it will be launched

    Any clue anyone out there??

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by RolyPoly
    But the website doesn't say much about Mitv's programme or when it will be launched

    Any clue anyone out there??

    Did you see my previous post ?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    1,371
    Good news maybe, so finally its going to be launch by PM today, Intially there will offer 50 channels.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Old Klang Road
    Posts
    108
    Anyone can tell me the technology behind this? At first I thought it sounded like LMDS which has not worked in other places before. Then they say that the technology is proprietary and that its IP based. I am more interested in the standards used which will indicate the reliability of it.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    1,371
    http://www.mitv.com.my/portal/faq.asp#Installing%20MiTV

    From what i gather the intial payment is Rm 1188 for 50 channels, at the moment only 30 will be launch rest will follow. Can use the terrestial aerial.

    Rm1188 covers all intallations and gadgets/ intertnet services? inclusive 4 months free usage, after that Rm68 monthly

    All channels differ from that of Astro.

    More information on website or call4164399

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski
    [url]From what i gather the intial payment is Rm 1188 for 50 channels, at the moment only 30 will be launch rest will follow. Can use the terrestial aerial.

    Rm1188 covers all intallations and gadgets/ intertnet services? inclusive 4 months free usage, after that Rm68 monthly

    All channels differ from that of Astro.

    More information on website or call4164399
    At this level of price, it is not much different from that monopolised service. I thought the price would be something less than 50.

    I don't think many would change from astro yet.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    MPSJ tax payer
    Posts
    1,292
    Quote Originally Posted by ng
    At this level of price, it is not much different from that monopolised service. I thought the price would be something less than 50.

    I don't think many would change from astro yet.
    wait a little longer...it will get fun..we the consumer will benefit once the competition starts...MiTV will drop their prices and astro will drop their pants. Remember astro usedto charge RM1k+ for the dish etc. Those with 2 astro subscriptions should switch one to MiTV...keep them going mah..we need MitV as leverage...can't wait for another 3 months to make that call to astro to cut subscription...he he...

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PJ
    Posts
    1,208
    I think Astro and MiTV has reached some kinda agreement not to have overlapping channels. The pie would be bigger for both of them that way. When such collusion happens, us consumers suffer. I have a feeling they will have the last laugh, not us.

    Come on guys, you're talking about 2 top businessmen in Malaysia known for their shrewdness. MiTV is not here to be our saviour from Astro. They're here to make money, and more money is to be made if they have a friend (and not foe) in Astro.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    MPSJ tax payer
    Posts
    1,292
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRyan1975
    I think Astro and MiTV has reached some kinda agreement not to have overlapping channels. The pie would be bigger for both of them that way. When such collusion happens, us consumers suffer. I have a feeling they will have the last laugh, not us.

    Come on guys, you're talking about 2 top businessmen in Malaysia known for their shrewdness. MiTV is not here to be our saviour from Astro. They're here to make money, and more money is to be made if they have a friend (and not foe) in Astro.
    this is business and most of the pie is in astro's hand...where do u think MiTV is going to get their market share from? why would someone who has not subscribed to astro suddenly go to MiTV and at this cost structure?which segment of the population is MiTV going to target...the untapped Astro subscribers...that don't want to do it due to cost or those who don't want to watch tv?

    The market is not saturated yet like cell phone service, true..so there is room...maybe the 2 business men will be friends in this business like they have been in Digi vs Maxis saga albeit now Digi is owned by Telnor. Did Digi and Maxis worked together when they started? They did..sorry. Don't hv inside info. anyway I'm smiling as far as the telco fight over cellular market.

    overlapping channels, can it be they couldn't get the same channels or trying to differentiate..no? ok.. lets not think...lets wait and see shall we?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRyan1975
    I think Astro and MiTV has reached some kinda agreement not to have overlapping channels. The pie would be bigger for both of them that way. When such collusion happens, us consumers suffer. I have a feeling they will have the last laugh, not us.

    Come on guys, you're talking about 2 top businessmen in Malaysia known for their shrewdness. MiTV is not here to be our saviour from Astro. They're here to make money, and more money is to be made if they have a friend (and not foe) in Astro.
    Unfortunately, the average malaysian doesn't have enough money to subscribe to both of them. So one has to go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •