Day Care or Babysitters - Comments Needed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Day Care or Babysitters - Comments Needed

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In PJ Now
    Posts
    2,335

    Day Care or Babysitters - Comments Needed

    I have a one and a half year old daughter who's currently in the care of my mother in law in Perak. I would like to take her back here to S'Jaya but my wife and I are a little concerned about how much it'd cost to have day care or to hire a babysitter as both of us are working.

    I'd appreciate any observations, advice or comments.

    Thanks.
    Bob Kee
    bobjots : redux
    "The hottest place in hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in moral crisis" - Dante


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USJ 27 @ last 4 rows of houses in whole of USJ !
    Posts
    529

    Daddy Daycare anyone...

    any guys here got the guts to emulate eddie murphy & gang to start a daddy daycare centre... that wud be fun to see
    NX-01 ENTERPRISE IS NO MORE....StarFleet Command

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USJ @ South of the Border
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius Lim
    any guys here got the guts to emulate eddie murphy & gang to start a daddy daycare centre... that wud be fun to see
    hehehehe...if kwchang is one of the daddies...I can already visualize it...."Little Vixey..another peep out of you and to the banana pen you go!" hahahahahahahaa....dun get angry okay Chang? hehehehehe...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USJ 27 @ last 4 rows of houses in whole of USJ !
    Posts
    529
    Sorry Bob but that was a chance not to be missed.... using your title

    Anyway - on the serious side, day care or babysitter... that's a choice you're gonna have'ta make yourself. Both can be either a commercial set up or private individuals.

    Then there is the price factor.... I sent my little girl to an retiree in Goodyear Court 7 about 4-5 years ago. She was God sent... took care of my lil girl like her own... changed diapers/fed her/bath her and the works - and we were s'ppose to her about RM350 a month but because she was so good with our girl, we paid her more... worth ev'ry penny!

    Now we have a maid ~ and she oso God sent. Kids are 3 and 6 this year and my maid handles and take care of them real good. Maid oso get taken care of pretty good with better than the avg salary and other perks.

    Consider having a private baby sitter ~ in their own home. At least no hanky panky. Look up an earlier thread about the daycare centre and the suspected sleeping tablet induced rest that occured there. Scary bit of news.

    Cheers
    NX-01 ENTERPRISE IS NO MORE....StarFleet Command

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In PJ Now
    Posts
    2,335
    Any recommendations as far as day care centres or babysitters are concerned? We probably will try to avoid getting a domestic helper at the moment until our finances stabilise somewhat.

    Thanks again.
    Bob Kee
    bobjots : redux
    "The hottest place in hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in moral crisis" - Dante


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkee
    Any recommendations as far as day care centres or babysitters are concerned? We probably will try to avoid getting a domestic helper at the moment until our finances stabilise somewhat.

    Thanks again.


    My daughter is 20mth right now and I actually sent her to montessories where they provide day care as well. The montesori located at USJ 18.
    I sent her there since 9 mth and at first she just joined the full day care and now I convert her to montesori classes during the day and half day daycare.
    I think is quite good as my daughter learn a lot of words and song.
    As for the fee wise it's not cheap RM 505 full day.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SS17
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkee
    I have a one and a half year old daughter who's currently in the care of my mother in law in Perak. I would like to take her back here to S'Jaya but my wife and I are a little concerned about how much it'd cost to have day care or to hire a babysitter as both of us are working.

    I'd appreciate any observations, advice or comments.

    Thanks.
    On a temp and emergency basis, me and wifey can look after your daugther as day care only. We need the nights to ourselves and temp is 'cos we go for holidays very often. Retired, mar.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UEP Subang Jaya
    Posts
    5,867
    I have a babysitter who is looking for new kids as mine is going to school this june. She is in her 40s and in usj14. PM me if u want to contact her.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    948
    I would recommend daycare because the child is taught and he/she will get to play with other kids thus enhancing his/her growing up progress. Yes I hae to admit that its expensive but how much can you save in Subang Jaya?

    And not everyone is lucky to find a good babysitter.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    USJ 3
    Posts
    8

    Babysitter wanted

    Hi everyone out there,

    I am currently looking for a chinese reliable and caring babysitter to take care my 3 mths old baby girl..
    Anyone interested pls msg me.... we hope to get one ASAP

    Cheers

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    USJ 3
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by fRaNkY
    I have a babysitter who is looking for new kids as mine is going to school this june. She is in her 40s and in usj14. PM me if u want to contact her.
    Hi

    I am interested to get the contact as I'm urgently looking for one... can gif me her contact pls.
    Thanks

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    USJ 3
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by headache
    On a temp and emergency basis, me and wifey can look after your daugther as day care only. We need the nights to ourselves and temp is 'cos we go for holidays very often. Retired, mar.
    Hi

    My wife and I are currently looking for babysitter and looks like your condition do fits us well...
    Can we talk further on this... if you are interested, pls msg me

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    USJ 3
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by mad1126

    My daughter is 20mth right now and I actually sent her to montessories where they provide day care as well. The montesori located at USJ 18.
    I sent her there since 9 mth and at first she just joined the full day care and now I convert her to montesori classes during the day and half day daycare.
    I think is quite good as my daughter learn a lot of words and song.
    As for the fee wise it's not cheap RM 505 full day.
    Interesting... can i have the USJ 18 full add?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putra Heights
    Posts
    50

    Baby Sitter Wanted

    I am expecting on July and looking for baby sitter too. If anyone has contact, kindly msg me. Thanks .

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Putra Heights, Subang
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mad1126

    My daughter is 20mth right now and I actually sent her to montessories where they provide day care as well. The montesori located at USJ 18.
    I sent her there since 9 mth and at first she just joined the full day care and now I convert her to montesori classes during the day and half day daycare.
    I think is quite good as my daughter learn a lot of words and song.
    As for the fee wise it's not cheap RM 505 full day.

    where do u send your daughter? May i have the name of the montessori? Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •