How To Wash Your Hands the Proper Way
To stop the spread of infection, rinsing your hands for a few seconds is not enough. Learn how to wash your hands the right way.
1. Use large amounts of warm, running water and liquid soap* to lather hands and wrists. Scrub for at least 15 to 20 seconds. *Bar soaps can harbor germs which cause infection
2. Rinse well with hands pointing down to prevent rinse water from running up your arms.
3. Dry with a disposable paper towel.
4. Shut off the faucet using the paper towel as a barrier between your clean hands and the faucet handle.
5. Use a skin moisturizing cream regularly to prevent cracks in the skin which can be an entry point for germs that cause infection.
Last edited by KH EE; 07-07-2004 at 03:25 PM.
What you have to do and the way you have to do it is incredibly simple.
Whether you are willing to do it, that's another matter.
- Peter F. Drucker