Alternative routes to bypass the rockfall at NKVE
This is the alternative routes suggested in Light and Easy Traffic reort.
1) Those of you coming from Rawang via the North South
Highway heading to KL, pls use the Old Trunk Road as the Jln
Duta exit might be congested.
2) You can also use the Sg Buloh Interchange and travel along
Jln Sg Buloh and the MRR2 to get to Selayang and the City
3) Alternatively, you can exit at Jln Duta to get to the City Centre.
4) From Klang, Subang and Shah Alam and Johor Baru, you can
either exit at the Subang Interchange or at the Damansara
Interchange. If you exit at Subang, you can use the Federal
Highway to get onto the Kerinchi Link and from there, head
towards the Jln Duta toll.
5) If you exit at Damansara, pls use the SPRINT Highway and
LDP to get to the Bandar Sri D'sara Interchange. From there
you can head towards the Sg Buloh Interchange to get back
onto the North South Highway
With reference to the above, what about traffic from SJ/USJ and Shah Alam head to the old Subang Airport and use the trunk road to Sg Buluh to enter the NSE?
The above alternative route may not be the best in terms of longer distance or time taken or even both. Those who know a better route or actually try out all the above routes, please share your experience here as I forsee that it will take at least 2 weeks to clear not only the mess but also something must be done to the eroded slope. Remember, the rock/stones are still loose and it only takes one to kill you.