Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: URGENT advice needed...Is MYVY versus Suzuki Swift versus whatever small car

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,849

    URGENT advice needed...Is MYVY versus Suzuki Swift versus whatever small car

    When the days or nights do not permit me to zip around on 2wheels, i will be driving a 'comfy' 4x4 fat lady on sofa. BUT for a long while now, i have been getting that gnawing feeling with her constant body roll...so without much regret, I am going to trade her in.
    Since I have another long haul hottie for secret jaunts, I am now desperately seeking a much smaller tin can to easily maneuver, zip here & park there with nary a worry.

    So i seek users' advice if forthcoming lah: Do I go for the (top end lah model of
    1) MyVy
    2) Suzuki Swift
    or whatever within that mini category and under rm100K...

    Got user experience ah you? Wanna share with me? Thanks.
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    When the days or nights do not permit me to zip around on 2wheels, i will be driving a 'comfy' 4x4 fat lady on sofa. BUT for a long while now, i have been getting that gnawing feeling with her constant body roll...so without much regret, I am going to trade her in.
    Since I have another long haul hottie for secret jaunts, I am now desperately seeking a much smaller tin can to easily maneuver, zip here & park there with nary a worry.

    So i seek users' advice if forthcoming lah: Do I go for the (top end lah model of
    1) MyVy
    2) Suzuki Swift
    or whatever within that mini category and under rm100K...

    Got user experience ah you? Wanna share with me? Thanks.

    Forget these two cars.

    Go buy the Honda Jazz Hybrid for about 82k. It has a 1.5L DOHC I-Vtec engine and an electric motor. Combined power and torque is that of a 1.8L non-Hybrid. The good torque makes it an ideal car for city driving. Gearbox is DCT (dual clutch transmission).

    The Hybrid battery is warranted for 8 years. Car warranty is 5 years.

    Assuming they have ex-stock you can still get this car at this zero GST price.

    https://paultan.org/2017/06/08/2017-...-motor-assist/
    Last edited by Henry T; 15-08-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
    Forget these two cars.

    Go buy the Honda Jazz Hybrid for about 82k. It has a 1.5L DOHC I-Vtec engine and an electric motor. Combined power and torque is that of a 1.8L non-Hybrid. The good torque makes it an ideal car for city driving. Gearbox is DCT (dual clutch transmission).

    The Hybrid battery is warranted for 8 years. Car warranty is 5 years.

    Assuming they have ex-stock you can still get this car at this zero GST price.

    https://paultan.org/2017/06/08/2017-...-motor-assist/
    Thanks bro..I 4got to mention that my current Fat Lady is heavily 'under used'...5yrs with her odo barely touching 40000km. Most time, she lazeabout in the porch but when on long haul, she will clock minimum 3000km at 1 tour... Hence, she kinda like runs d occasional marathon and then vegetate in the porch, resulting in a weak heart. 3 battery change thus far...so my minimum techy car knowledge tells me that hybrid car weakest link is its battery...I am worried that the next mini tin can might surely morph into another porch potato, with possible lack of exercise heart issues. Aye?
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    Thanks bro..I 4got to mention that my current Fat Lady is heavily 'under used'...5yrs with her odo barely touching 40000km. Most time, she lazeabout in the porch but when on long haul, she will clock minimum 3000km at 1 tour... Hence, she kinda like runs d occasional marathon and then vegetate in the porch, resulting in a weak heart. 3 battery change thus far...so my minimum techy car knowledge tells me that hybrid car weakest link is its battery...I am worried that the next mini tin can might surely morph into another porch potato, with possible lack of exercise heart issues. Aye?

    In that case just buy a pre-owned MyVi 1.3L or 1.5L. Relatively cheap parts + service centres are everywhere.

    Suzuki Swift is a nice car but the brand made a hasty retreat from our market. So, parts and service may be hard to find.

    I had a Honda CR-Z (Hybrid) which also vegetates in the porch. When I sold it last year (after 4 years ownership) there is only 26,000 km on the odometer. It is a fun car.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
    In that case just buy a pre-owned MyVi 1.3L or 1.5L. Relatively cheap parts + service centres are everywhere.

    Suzuki Swift is a nice car but the brand made a hasty retreat from our market. So, parts and service may be hard to find.

    I had a Honda CR-Z (Hybrid) which also vegetates in the porch. When I sold it last year (after 4 years ownership) there is only 26,000 km on the odometer. It is a fun car.
    not into preowned (damn nice word to use lah :-) more kelas than second hand :-) ...will buy new when the choice is made.
    I like the Swift when it was first launched in the 80s? 90s? i think. I was one of those invited for a launch, lunch, test and race in Batu 3 track. I recalled the 1st gen Swift impressed me . it was a fun day too...hence, Swift kinda burnt into my gray matter.
    Just caught up with some reading, the Myvy sales are very impressive and waiting time is like 2months! So could it be that the 70000 new buyers are right? wrong? in choosing myvy?
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    Just caught up with some reading, the Myvy sales are very impressive and waiting time is like 2months! So could it be that the 70000 new buyers are right? wrong? in choosing myvy?
    It all boils down to affordability and a reflection of the population's level of income. The top selling brand in Singapore is BMW. Things happen for a reason.

    There is Perodua Manufacturing and Perodua Marketing. The Japanese (Daihatsu) is in control of manufacturing. So you can be assured of very decent quality in the cars. The locals control marketing
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •