Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Panel lawyers for Standard Chartered Bank in USJ

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USJ9
    Posts
    398

    Smile Panel lawyers for Standard Chartered Bank in USJ

    I want to discharge my charge from Standard Chartered Bank. I asked the officer to let me know their panel lawyers in USJ. He said he couldn't help. Kindly someone introduce some lawyers with SCB. Thank you.
    lbn

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    2,601
    If you have fully paid up your loan, any lawyer should be able to do the discharge for you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USJ9
    Posts
    398
    Thought it would be faster.
    lbn

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USJ9
    Posts
    398
    What's the cost? Any lawyer in Taipan you can introduce? Thanks!
    lbn

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by lbn View Post
    What's the cost? Any lawyer in Taipan you can introduce? Thanks!
    There are quite a number of legal firms in the Taipan area.

    You can just walk in & enquire if they are a panel (or on an adhoc basis) for SCB.

    The fees are actually fixed (but legal firms do give discounts but such discounts are normally 'off the record' as they are officially NOT allowed to give discounts).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by lbn View Post
    What's the cost? Any lawyer in Taipan you can introduce? Thanks!
    It cost only a few hundred Ringgit (legal fee + disbursement) if yours is a terrace house. Any lawyer can do it for you.

    Make sure there are no arrears in Cukai Pintu and Cukai Tanah.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Outside
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by lbn View Post
    What's the cost? Any lawyer in Taipan you can introduce? Thanks!
    Call 0123290732, he does bank discharge and buying houses. He is in many bank panels.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USJ9
    Posts
    398
    Thanks!
    lbn

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,843
    if std 22x80 ds terrace, dont pay the lawyer more than rm250 max, after discount and no receipt lah. So shop around. It is the consumer's prerogative to shop around and maximise the bang for his hard earned money. So, there is nothing wrong let alone 'illegal' in getting discount. The loan discharging process? It is a simple paper pushing sop only. Easy money for the pen pushing law clerk or the most senior? also a legal assistant punya task lah...
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    if std 22x80 ds terrace, dont pay the lawyer more than rm250 max, after discount and no receipt lah. So shop around. It is the consumer's prerogative to shop around and maximise the bang for his hard earned money. So, there is nothing wrong let alone 'illegal' in getting discount. The loan discharging process? It is a simple paper pushing sop only. Easy money for the pen pushing law clerk or the most senior? also a legal assistant punya task lah...
    But if it's for a condo/apartment(with a Deed Of Assignment), then, there's more work involved as the lawyer has to do Receipt & Reassignment.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,843
    Quote Originally Posted by David Midget View Post
    But if it's for a condo/apartment(with a Deed Of Assignment), then, there's more work involved as the lawyer has to do Receipt & Reassignment.
    Oh? i didnt know that 'cos my bachelor pad apartment was sold some 21years ago...Bey ki the condo S&P process leow

    Actually Opulent could have provided the answer on this... He got plenty of that kinda buy/sell apartment/condo experience lah. BUT sadly, he got banned...Our loss.
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    15
    Normally, when one wants to pay off the loan, one just doesn't just go to the bank & pay off the loan ( or the final installment) like that. One gets a lawyer to do that(the redemption), cos the lawyer will want the chargee(the bank) upon full payment, undertake to give certain document(s) (eg, the Title/Qualified Title) to the buyer & also, to get the chargee's undertaking to sign various documents to release (discharge) the charge currently therein charged in favor of the chargee(bank). Such undertaking from the bank etc to the buyer via buyer's lawyer will be in black & white. This is esp. important when the said property is a non-landed property without a strata title as the buyer would need the Original Copies of the S & P Agreement, Deed Of Assignment & Loan Assignment, currently held by the bank to be released to the Chargor(borrower) upon full payment. Such documents are very important documents pending the issuance of the strata title because in the event the owner of the property wants to sell the property, these Original documents need to be handed over to the new Buyer's bank. Without these, one can't sell the condo/apt (pending strata title issuance). (Many years' back, my brother came back from overseas, went to the PJ's HSBC bank & just paid off his loan like that. The bank never gave him back these documents). Later on when asked, the bank said they do not have these docs in their safekeeping.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Outside
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    Oh? i didnt know that 'cos my bachelor pad apartment was sold some 21years ago...Bey ki the condo S&P process leow

    Actually Opulent could have provided the answer on this... He got plenty of that kinda buy/sell apartment/condo experience lah. BUT sadly, he got banned...Our loss.
    You got to be joking. Please lah Tupai. You really think the world revolved around him? The audience are returning and you are pinning for him? The conveyancing lawyer will take care of these things, it is not expensive, rates are quite standard. At least I see more participation now, should ban him forever, it will be the best if you want to see the community grow.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat Bruce View Post
    You got to be joking. Please lah Tupai. You really think the world revolved around him? The audience are returning and you are pinning for him? The conveyancing lawyer will take care of these things, it is not expensive, rates are quite standard. At least I see more participation now, should ban him forever, it will be the best if you want to see the community grow.
    .. Since i was never in his cross hairs so I am ok with Opulant lah Yes, I do enjoy & hence miss his advice lah and those battering too .
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Selangor
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    ......Actually Opulant could have provided the answer on this... He got plenty of that kinda buy/sell apartment/condo experience lah. BUT sadly, he got banned...Our loss.
    No lah… my friend got very little experience on this legal thingy becos of following reasons :

    1. he only buy from developer. So, the developer's loyar will kautim the legal thingy for buying.

    2. the legal thingy for selling is mostly the buyer's responsibility. So, he just get any pen-pusher loyar nearby to represent him in selling. No need to search around lah...

    3. and for the legal thingy on loan, he has no clue lah as he didn't want to pay borrowing cost..

    One thing important is make sure your loyar for SPA and loyar for loan (if you apply loan) is the same blardy loyar, or else the waiting time for papers to arrive to/from different loyars can shorten one's life...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •