Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Entrance paving, Who is responsible?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    4,636

    Entrance paving, Who is responsible?

    Can someone tell me up to which point is our responsibility? Today, a MPSJ contractor came around asking for RM250 to pave the front entrance to my residence.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Putra heights
    Posts
    3,675
    Make a complain to your RA/RT, my area USJ9 has the same problem where the contractor begin scouting for "business " before the actual re-surfacing the roads.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    1,058
    If the front entrance is not part of your house compound, don't need to pay.

    If is your house compound and you want it to be tarmacked, don't expect free. The contractor earns a living by doing this job, nothing wrong of him asking money to tarmac your private compound.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    4,636
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    ....If is your house compound and you want it to be tarmacked, don't expect free. The contractor earns a living by doing this job, nothing wrong of him asking money to tarmac your private compound.
    I would not expect that to be free if it's inside my gate.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I would not expect that to be free if it's inside my gate.
    I have a landed house in Malacca. I can understand what you mean.

    Before GE12 (2008), the local council resurfaced the road in front of the house with new tarmac except the frontal entrance of houses. My Dad who live in the house told me the contractor requested money to tarmac the entrance area but he didn't want to pay.

    I asked a contractor that I know to cement the frontal area.. the cement is still in good condition until now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    USJ 12
    Posts
    4,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Can someone tell me up to which point is our responsibility? Today, a MPSJ contractor came around asking for RM250 to pave the front entrance to my residence.
    Sorry for the late reply. I lived in USJ12. Early this month, the whole of USJ12 was retarred. The retarring INCLUDES your driveway from your gate to the road. They will first retar all the driveway FOC. This is p okart of the scope of work. But if there is a Lorong, they will NOT retar it at all. In my case, I managed to negociate with them and got it done for free. Hope to take some photo to show them here.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    6,963
    Quote Originally Posted by pcyeoh View Post
    ...if there is a Lorong, they will NOT retar it at all. In my case, I managed to negociate with them and got it done for free...
    Hahaha, you mean your unofficial car-park

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    USJ 12
    Posts
    4,465

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    USJ 12
    Posts
    4,465

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,129
    Sorry to note insufficient compaction of the road.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    4,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Sorry to note insufficient compaction of the road.
    They use those small portable compactor to do those small jobs. can expect it to do a good job.

    Isn't that lane also public road? How is it it's not paved?

    After coming around, I have still not seen any signs of them preparing to do the paving. Think it was another scam.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •