Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to organise a moving out sales?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ33
    Posts
    431

    How to organise a moving out sales?

    Hi all,

    We have been renting a house in usj2/3 for almost 6 year and plan to move out sometimes in end of June/mid July.

    There are a lot of things which we wouldn't want to bring along with us:
    - Children books, Geronimo Stilton, barbie, nursery rhymes, etc, there are just so many of them,
    - IT books - Oracle, PHP, Linux, PMI, Prince2, CSS, Apache]
    - Management book, self help book, etc
    - Montessori Early childhood education exercises, how to do story telling with children, lesson plan, etc
    - English teaching book, how to teach grammar, how to teach writing, TESOL text book, TKT, etc
    - Sofa set, bed frames, (2 queens, 1 single) plastic drawers. threadmill. and more.
    - and a handful of premium gift, for eg, Asahi Dice game, Asahi tall mug, limited edition lighters, hoorgarden passport tag, etc etc

    I would to sell, donate, give away all the above, can anyone here suggested how should I do it? Have an open house one day? give flyers?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,785
    Easy.

    Put out sign boards on the streets and junctions that say SALE....house moving

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ33
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Easy.

    Put out sign boards on the streets and junctions that say SALE....house moving
    Thanks! Guess have to kumpul kumpul everything and allocate a space in advance for viewing?
    Space is already a constraint

    Or just leave it as it is, (clean up a bit la), and people just come in cash and carry or cash and lorry?

    Thanks Naka and thanks in advance for other suggestions.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,785
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgammon View Post
    Thanks! Guess have to kumpul kumpul everything and allocate a space in advance for viewing?
    Space is already a constraint

    Or just leave it as it is, (clean up a bit la), and people just come in cash and carry or cash and lorry?

    Thanks Naka and thanks in advance for other suggestions.
    In Perth, it is called Garage Sale....meaning u put everything in ur garage, garden, backyard for viewing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ33
    Posts
    431
    Yes Naka, in OZ, there is this flea market, speaking of this, any car boot sales in usj area?

    some of the items might be quite difficult to move out from the house, not to mention putting them back into the house if there was no buyer.

    By the way, any one of you uses those professional movers before?

    Thanks again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,785
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgammon View Post
    Yes Naka, in OZ, there is this flea market, speaking of this, any car boot sales in usj area?

    some of the items might be quite difficult to move out from the house, not to mention putting them back into the house if there was no buyer.

    By the way, any one of you uses those professional movers before?

    Thanks again.
    Sorry, no idea..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ33
    Posts
    431
    Ok, let's say I am going to organise one at this Sunday 18/June/2017, 10:00am.

    Do you guys mind helping me in broadcasting? Or is it too short a notice?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    6,940
    You are already broadcasting albeit to a small group of readers
    Put one announcement up in the main forum page - it could get you a few more eyeballs

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •