Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) - Mandarin "TOEFL"

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    Then, it is a matter of time looking at the rate, mainland Chinese MNCs are gobbling up Malaysian and other countries assets !!!
    Bro, avoid them whenever you can.

    Someone from a Chinese oil major told me -- before a meeting can begin, they spend condidersble time to decide who sit where !!
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,451
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    Bro, avoid them whenever you can.

    Someone from a Chinese oil major told me -- before a meeting can begin, they spend condidersble time to decide who sit where !!
    . I am not at all surprised based on my last interactions with PRC Government officials 10 years ago.
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    Have a look at the sample exam paper for HSK 6. I was informed that it is equivalent or higher in terms of depth of command but different exam format.

    http://www.hsk.academy/static/pdfs/HSK6.pdf

    The exam audio file is available in the same website under Practice Test: http://www.hsk.academy/en/hsk_6
    We spent some time on the sample exams from Level 4 to Level 6. If I can compare the HSK exam standard with Lick Hung ...

    - Standard 4 students who have good results in BC exams can ace the HSK Level 4. They can get above average scores in Level 5.

    - Those who get A in UPSR Chinese exam can get above average scores in Level 6.
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,451
    The Chinese Education associations in Malaysia is lobbying the PRC MOE (Hanban) for SPM Mandarin to be ranked equivalent to HSK6. I think PRC has agreed recently. Thus, by logical inferences, HSK4 will then be equivalent to HSK4 and PT3 is be equivalent to HSK5 as the two intermediate major steps.
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,451
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    The Chinese Education associations in Malaysia is lobbying the PRC MOE (Hanban) for SPM Mandarin to be ranked equivalent to HSK6. I think PRC has agreed recently. Thus, by logical inferences, HSK4 will then be equivalent to HSK4 and PT3 is be equivalent to HSK5 as the two intermediate major steps.
    Hahahah ... typo ... UPSR Mandarin will then be equivalent to HSK4
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,451
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    641
    Sad to see they are a big bunch of fuxx-up fellas on the subject of Chinese school education.

    Some of these assshxxx implement dual-track system in Chinese independent schools, i.e. UEC syllabus and SPM syllabus concurrently and it is NOT optional. The poor students have to study everything in mandarin in UEC syllabus and then everything in bm in SPM syllabus and sit for two exams !! What kind of fxxking idiots think this is a good idea to pave the so-called “foundation” for the poor students..??

    It is not surprised to see students ended up neither here nor there – average in mandarin, weak in bm and screw-up in english !! Sure, they are rare exceptions who can master two syllabi and at the same time also proficient in English but how many of them ?? I doubt is more than 5% of the overall students ??

    Of course, these neither-here-nor there students can still further their tertiary education in private universities (local and abroad) and some can still apply for local universities with their SPM results but with such hps qualifications, what choices of degree course that they are eligible to apply ?? Most ended up pursuing a general degree or boutique course with low entry requirements.
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    ....It is not surprised to see students ended up neither here nor there – average in mandarin, weak in bm and screw-up in english !! Sure, they are rare exceptions who can master two syllabi and at the same time also proficient in English but how many of them ?? I doubt is more than 5% of the overall students ??

    Of course, these neither-here-nor there students can still further their tertiary education in private universities (local and abroad) and some can still apply for local universities with their SPM results but with such hps qualifications, what choices of degree course that they are eligible to apply ?? Most ended up pursuing a general degree or boutique course with low entry requirements.
    These students actually are hard-working and have all the right attributes to become capable students if they have the opportunity to focus only on one UEC syllabus.

    With good results from UEC exam and if they are able to fulfill the requirements of English language proficiency by renowned universities like NUS in Singapore or other good universities, they don’t need to waste their time in low-ranking university just to get a general degree.. !!
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,451
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    Sad to see they are a big bunch of fuxx-up fellas on the subject of Chinese school education.

    Some of these assshxxx implement dual-track system in Chinese independent schools, i.e. UEC syllabus and SPM syllabus concurrently and it is NOT optional. The poor students have to study everything in mandarin in UEC syllabus and then everything in bm in SPM syllabus and sit for two exams !! What kind of fxxking idiots think this is a good idea to pave the so-called “foundation” for the poor students..??

    It is not surprised to see students ended up neither here nor there – average in mandarin, weak in bm and screw-up in english !! Sure, they are rare exceptions who can master two syllabi and at the same time also proficient in English but how many of them ?? I doubt is more than 5% of the overall students ??

    Of course, these neither-here-nor there students can still further their tertiary education in private universities (local and abroad) and some can still apply for local universities with their SPM results but with such hps qualifications, what choices of degree course that they are eligible to apply ?? Most ended up pursuing a general degree or boutique course with low entry requirements.
    Too greedy and too kiasu ... everything they want ... I heard some Du Zhong already started offering IGCSE Sciences and Maths .... on top of UEC and SPM.

    My nephew in Du Zhong, I told him to just focus on UEC and IGCSE, forget SPM since his future path in his family business will be non-Malaysian Government related.
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    ....My nephew in Du Zhong, I told him to just focus on UEC and IGCSE, forget SPM since his future path in his family business will be non-Malaysian Government related.
    If all these extra syllabus/exam are offered as options, this is fine.

    Problem is some of these Chinese independent schools especially the famous ones make it compulsory for students to subscribe to the blardy dual-track system..
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    Too greedy and too kiasu ... everything they want ... I heard some Du Zhong already started offering IGCSE Sciences and Maths .... on top of UEC and SPM..
    WOW, they think anyone can be good in 3 languages !!

    Maybe some examples to highlight the difficulty/stupidity

    1) 碳酸钙
    This is calcium carbonate [kalsium karbonat in bm].
    This one is easier as 碳酸 is understood as carbonate, the next one must be the metal that combines with the carbonate and in this case it is 钙, calcium.

    2) 聚氨酯
    This is polyurethane [poliuretan in bm].
    There is no mention of "poly" in the Chinese terminology... and who the f know urethane is 氨酯, I can't see the correlation unless I memorize it hard .. !!

    3)硫酸亚铁
    This is ferrous sulfate [I don't know the terminology in bm]
    硫酸 is actually sulfuric acid and 铁 is ferrum. So, who will know combines 硫酸 and 铁 to one terminology (硫酸亚铁) is now referring to ferrous sulfate !!

    Confuse enough !!
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    641
    Study is easy and should be easy...

    Unfortunately these morons make it difficult and a big waste of precious time....
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    641
    http://www.theborneopost.com/2017/06...-in-september/

    Epsom College in Malaysia to start HSK certification programme in September 2017.

    Epsom is a private boarding school in UK. Tony Fernandez who studied there during his younger days brought this school to Malaysia.

    Boarding is optional for students in Epsom Malaysia This is probably the most expensive international school in Malaysia. Kindergarten fee is more than RM50K per year..

    http://www.epsomcollege.edu.my/
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,451
    HSK is going to be the de facto Mandarin proficiency certification of the future. It will supersede all the other school exam based exactly just like what TOEFL had done for English.

    Whether we agree or not with its depth and scope, like it or not ... this is what the world will "recognise" if certification is important.
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    HSK is going to be the de facto Mandarin proficiency certification of the future. It will supersede all the other school exam based exactly just like what TOEFL had done for English.

    Whether we agree or not with its depth and scope, like it or not ... this is what the world will "recognise" if certification is important.
    If the student studied in Chinese primary school before and still reading mandarin papers/magazine/books in secondary level, he/she will ace the HSK level 5 or 6 without any problem..

    For kwai loh school like the international school, a primary 6 SJKC student who get an A in UPSR will ace the IGCSE Mandarin exam (equivalent of O level), I am not kidding..
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •