Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Shirakawa and Japan Alps

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    491

    Shirakawa and Japan Alps

    http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5950.html

    http://www.japan-alps.com/en/

    I couldn't find travel guide books from bookstores here that specifically cover on Japan Alps in Honshu, not available in English or Mandarin...

    Wtf ..
    井蛙不可语于海 , 夏虫不可语于冰.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    491
    I'm looking for book like this for Japan Alps...

    This is a Hokkaido travel guide book wifey bought in Taipei. Taiwan bookstores are real stuff unlike here...they are more like stationery store than book shop, except kinokuniya.

    井蛙不可语于海 , 夏虫不可语于冰.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,512
    Ask Uncle Google n order online

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Ask Uncle Google n order online
    I don't even book flight or hotel online !!

    Also.. it is good to flip thru the pages before buying a book..
    井蛙不可语于海 , 夏虫不可语于冰.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,512
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    I don't even book flight or hotel online !!

    Also.. it is good to flip thru the pages before buying a book..
    Like this ah...good luck to you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Like this ah...good luck to you.
    I got plan B....
    井蛙不可语于海 , 夏虫不可语于冰.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    491
    I can't believe winter flights from JAL can be so cheap.. (I consider anything less than RM2000 for a round trip ticket to Japan is cheap).

    I also discover the "secret" of how to get good and reasonably priced domestic ANA tickets ....
    井蛙不可语于海 , 夏虫不可语于冰.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,512
    I am having Japanese lunch at Sushi Kuu at Wellington St, Central, HK...It's cloudy outside & cool, just like in a Japanese Alps

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    491
    Hehehe.. Japanese Alps is subzero in winter...

    HK now is around 20 deg C, far away from cold !! My room now is 23 deg C also. ..
    井蛙不可语于海 , 夏虫不可语于冰.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,512
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    Hehehe.. HK now is around 20 deg C, far away from cold..!!

    My room now is 23 deg C also. ..
    Oh, it's the wind...plus ur age

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    I got plan B....
    my plan B works....
    井蛙不可语于海 , 夏虫不可语于冰.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,512
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    my plan B works....
    How about enlighten me with ur plan B

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    How about enlighten me with ur plan B
    I don't like to search internet to get travel info... just too much of them and take time to narrow down to what I want.

    My plan B is simple , just email my usual travel agent and ask her feedback. If she does not have the answers, she will get from her tour guides.

    I want to know :
    - which month (Dec or Jan/Feb) is more suitable to visit Japan Alps and why ?
    - which prefectures are the recommended places during these months as Japan Alps cover a wide range of geographical area.

    For flight and hotel, I ask the travel agent to recommend hotels and flights selection. Over the decade, she knows what we want, I don't need to tell her our expectation. Once the destinations are finalized, my kid will take over the small details in itinerary planning like how to get there, what local transports are suitable, where/how to buy tickets in advance for local transports, etc.

    I don't buy thing/make payment via internet. I guess for the peace of mind, it's ok to be old-fashioned..
    井蛙不可语于海 , 夏虫不可语于冰.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,512
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    I don't like to search internet to get travel info... just too much of them and take time to narrow down to what I want.

    My plan B is simple , just email my usual travel agent and ask her feedback. If she does not have the answers, she will get from her tour guides.

    I want to know :
    - which month (Dec or Jan/Feb) is more suitable to visit Japan Alps and why ?
    - which prefectures are the recommended places during these months as Japan Alps cover a wide range of geographical area.

    For flight and hotel, I ask the travel agent to recommend hotels and flights selection. Over the decade, she knows what we want, I don't need to tell her our expectation. Once the destinations are finalized, my kid will take over the small details in itinerary planning like how to get there, what local transports are suitable, where/how to buy tickets in advance for local transports, etc.

    I don't buy thing/make payment via internet. I guess for the peace of mind, it's ok to be old-fashioned..
    OIC...I do everything ONLINE....no worries

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    OIC...I do everything ONLINE....no worries
    everything... ??
    You take your dinner online tonight ??


    no worries ??
    It seems like the whole world is damn blardy worried for the past two days because of the "wanna cry" or "wanna laugh" malware...
    井蛙不可语于海 , 夏虫不可语于冰.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •