Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: EPF 2016 dividend

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    EPF is expected to declare the dividend rate for 2016 this weekend.

    Here are the EPF dividend rates for the past seven years :

    2009: 5.65%
    2010: 5.80%
    2011: 6.00%
    2012: 6.15%
    2013: 6.35%
    2014: 6.75%
    2015 :6.40%


    " EPF can be expected to declare a dividend rate of close to six per cent despite these challenges. Market analysts said this would be a decent return to the contributors. Analysts say EPF's dividend would be relatively better than other domestic funds, driven by its foreign assets which, although constitute 28-29 per cent of its investment portfolio, would account for 39-40 per cent of the income."

    http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v8...php?id=1329809
    Dividend rate for 2016 is 5.70%.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    549
    My expectation is 6.1%. I think the net impairment of 8.17 billion is the main reason of lower dividend. Of course, in anticipating of a worse 2017, keeping some of the 2016 income as not to look terribly bad in 2017 dividend payout can be the reason too.

    " As at 31 December 2016, a total of 48.58% of the EPF investment asset was invested in fixed income instruments and 42.33% in Equities, while the remaining 4.03% and 5.06% were in Real Estate & Infrastructure and Money Market Instruments respectively. Therefore, it is natural that the EPF’s investment performance to be skewed towards fixed income returns. In accordance with the Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS 139), the EPF is required to recognise net impairment amounting to RM8.17 billion, compared with RM3.07 billion in 2015 to reflect the lower equity prices, particularly in the domestic banking sector and oil & gas sectors in both the domestic and foreign markets. "


    http://www.kwsp.gov.my/portal/en/new...etailPage=true

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,557
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    Dividend rate for 2016 is 5.70%.
    I had expected more during this election year.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    I had expected more during this election year.
    YUP! fully agree. Looks like they are saving some & more for election bribe$...They have now truly pi$$ing me off...and a big chunk i$ coming off for 6% coupon.
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    YUP! fully agree. Looks like they are saving some & more for election bribe$...They have now truly pi$$ing me off...and a big chunk i$ coming off for 6% coupon.
    They are not bothered about you, since you are in a "gone case" seat. In fact they would want to put more people like you into the constituency

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    ....and a big chunk i$ coming off for 6% coupon.
    I have done calculations before. It does not make much difference.

    My bottom line is : minimum 5.5% for EPF, 6.0% for coupon for n years. (n easily 7 or more).

    Here is a simple example.

    Assume 2.1m. The max you can withdraw (50-55 years old) is 30% which is 630k

    6% coupon for 7 years
    37,800
    37,800
    37,800
    37,800
    37,800
    37,800
    37,800
    264,600

    Balance of EPF @ 5.5% compounded for 7 years
    80,850
    85,297
    89,988
    94,937
    100,159
    105,668
    111,479
    Total interest 668,378


    Total combined interest after 7 years is 932,978

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    549
    Now, if 2.1m is compounded @ 5.5% for 7 years..

    115,500
    121,853
    128,554
    135,625
    143,084
    150,954
    159,256
    954,826

    Total interest after 7 years is 954,826.

    Of course, the risk is EPF have to pay at least 5.5% for the period of 7 years. For the period of 2009 to 2016, the annualized dividend rate is 6.11 %.


    p/s : The 2.1m is a hypothetical number for easy calculation. You can substitute the number with other numbers to suit your scenario, the outcome would be the same.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,557
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    Now, if 2.1m is compounded @ 5.5% for 7 years..

    115,500
    121,853
    128,554
    135,625
    143,084
    150,954
    159,256
    954,826

    Total interest after 7 years is 954,826.

    Of course, the risk is EPF have to pay at least 5.5% for the period of 7 years. For the period of 2009 to 2016, the annualized dividend rate is 6.11 %.


    p/s : The 2.1m is a hypothetical number for easy calculation. You can substitute the number with other numbers to suit your scenario, the outcome would be the same.

    OIC, that is your EPF $$$$$ as of now

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    ... p/s : The 2.1m is a hypothetical number for easy calculation. You can substitute the number with other numbers to suit your scenario, the outcome would be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    OIC, that is your EPF $$$$$ as of now

    Can you read inggeris or not ?? It is just a hypothetical number for calculation purposes la ....

    Btw, the focus is not the number, it is the comparison between keeping in EPF or bonds...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,557
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    Can you read inggeris or not ?? It is just a hypothetical number for calculation purposes la ....

    Btw, the focus is not the number, it is the comparison between keeping in EPF or bonds...
    Why 2.1m and not say 3m or 4m which make it even easier to work out.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Why 2.1m and not say 3m or 4m which make it even easier to work out.
    Ok lah... maybe next time I use 3 or 4..

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,593
    Quote Originally Posted by opulant View Post
    Can you read inggeris or not ?? It is just a hypothetical number for calculation purposes la ....

    Btw, the focus is not the number, it is the comparison between keeping in EPF or bonds...
    HAHAHAHHA. Semo olang kaya laah. Shrninggit2.1million?
    Being the majority with under $hringgit126,262.62 in epf, I was looking at a total number of Shringgit 55,260.26 and 'manipulate' for makinf FULL withdrawal

    Actually, many assumptions can be made esp EPF is only committed to pay 2.1 or is it 2.5% dividend, with yearly compoundable option? Versus a guaranteed flat 6% coupon YoY, non compoundable. So get to $pend monie$$$$...

    Yg Blur $otong latottupai
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,593
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    HAHAHAHHA. Semo olang kaya laah. Shrninggit2.1million?
    Being the majority with under $hringgit126,262.62 in epf, I was looking at a total number of Shringgit 55,260.26 and 'manipulate' for makinf FULL withdrawal

    Actually, many assumptions can be made esp EPF is only committed to pay 2.1 or is it 2.5% dividend, with yearly compoundable option? Versus a guaranteed flat 6% coupon YoY, non compoundable. So get to $pend monie$$$$...

    Yg Blur $otong latottupai
    lagi 1, even with a gdp growth of 4-4.5%, this Malaise land of endless opportunities is fraud with endemic corrutpion, bent EC ensuring your1pm & his likes in power for a long time more, etc (fill in ye own)etcetc PLUS with downward retail spending trend, i have my doubt that deposit interest rates will be on the upside. Most likely M1 is encouraged (as spending growth engine?) and M2 spending lagi highly favoured. So i dont expect EPF to be paying that 5-6% like the good olde days (generally only 1-2% higher than FD in local Malaise bank)...Or maybe not?
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MY Home
    Posts
    8,675
    Dun worry tupais , be happy sotongs . http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...her-dividends/

    The Ponzi style mutual fund does not rule our higher dividends going forward should the FBM KLCI recover after 3 tahun of underperformance.

    “The main reason that the EPF are paying lower dividends than in 2015 is due to increased impairments. If Bursa Malaysia turns around this year, then the impairments will go down and if our investment income remains stable or grows, I think we will be quite OK for this year,” EPF's CEO Datuk Shahril Ridza Ridzuan during a media briefing on the fund's 2016 financial performance in Kuala Lumpur today.

    Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...kwI51kaJtLB.99

    Afterall.....we being told by Negara Ku CEO that all is going well ........ with Semua barang naik with GDP to 4.5 peratus ekonomi packaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinglicious View Post
    MY Economy is veri veri good......GDP naik 4.5% http://www.thesundaily.my/news/2165354

    So, this year dividend should be + 4.5% more....or less.....
    (In this age of globalization of public listed companies including financial or mutual fund from UK to US corporations from Tesco to Citibank, most CEO would be wetting thier seat with pee or poo , should they come short of 1 or 2 quarters of shortfall of expectations. In MY country, they can just shake legs without sweating )

    Meanwhile, there is the new boss with the fry pan at Nestle .......as the food giant reported lacklustre full-year results.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...es-disappoint/
    TASK - Trust, Attitude, Skill, Knowledge - Signatures of those who believe in excellence for any task entrusted to them - Alwin Tan @ all rights reserved
    [COLOR=Navy]Let's eat 2 taste in www.facebook.com/zinglicious or let's make MY home a better place with healthy views and tasty news in www.facebook.com/zingszangs

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by zinglicious View Post
    Dun worry tupais , be happy sotongs . http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...her-dividends/

    The Ponzi style mutual fund does not rule our higher dividends going forward should the FBM KLCI recover after 3 tahun of underperformance.

    “The main reason that the EPF are paying lower dividends than in 2015 is due to increased impairments. If Bursa Malaysia turns around this year, then the impairments will go down and if our investment income remains stable or grows, I think we will be quite OK for this year,” EPF's CEO Datuk Shahril Ridza Ridzuan during a media briefing on the fund's 2016 financial performance in Kuala Lumpur today.

    Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...kwI51kaJtLB.99

    Afterall.....we being told by Negara Ku CEO that all is going well ........ with Semua barang naik with GDP to 4.5 peratus ekonomi packaging.

    (In this age of globalization of public listed companies including financial or mutual fund from UK to US corporations from Tesco to Citibank, most CEO would be wetting thier seat with pee or poo , should they come short of 1 or 2 quarters of shortfall of expectations. In MY country, they can just shake legs without sweating )

    I just hope you know what you are posting as you have a habit to copy and paste things that you don't know, let alone good in it..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •