Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 96

Thread: New LRT stations coming up on 31 Oct

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565

    New LRT stations coming up on 31 Oct

    http://www.thestar.com.my/Metro/Comm...k-in-township/

    Finally, after a wait of 10 years.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    I can't wait for USJ line to be operational and hope that Persiaran Kewajipan heavy traffic woes will be reduced. I'm skeptical it will be reduced as almost everyone in Subang/USJ own cars and still insist driving in and out of Subang.
    Time will tell. Anyway, I hope it'll be all a.s.a.p. I already see some stations in completion stages. Guangzhou and Shenzhen LRT system really amazed me how flawless their operation and over 90% people use it. Although they have wide highways and well managed city roads, I don't think I ever experienced any traffic crawl or heavy jam, just traffic light stops. Can Klang Valley be like this when all LRT is complete? Again, time will tell.
    On another note..as usual Malaysia is always very late in implementing most needed infrastructure. Public transport woes have been tolerated for far too long. I still feel utter disgust at the current public transport like getting from USJ to Kuala Lumpur. Still primitive and even worse than it was in 1966. Then the fear of untold fare rate hikes (like tolled roads) in the near future where common wage earning or barely surviving, people's income disparity and reduced purchasing power is doesn't seem very bright or in rapid recovery.
    But then when I observe countless people still spending on dining out here and there, restaurants and eateries still packed, it defy my logic that people aren't earning enough. Confusing! Maybe its a case of a culture of thoughtless and carefree spending without much thought to saving for their future and golden years. Today is for today, tomorrow another story and challenge..bah!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    I can't wait for USJ line to be operational
    As stated in the link above.

    Bandar kinrara, OUG stations = Oct 31, 2015

    Puchong = March 2016

    Subang Jaya, USJ = June 2016

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    I just hope it could be sooner than June 16.
    Reckoning the pace of track construction from SS15 to Kelana Jaya is so sloooooow! Without that stage being complete, its no go from USJ to KL.
    At peak hours the road bus from Taipan USJ to Asia Jaya at PJ can take up to an hour. You can reach Seremban from KL faster than that. (about 45mins toll to toll on my puny Kancil)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    I just hope it could be sooner than June 16.

    Even with the LRT coming to USJ, it still takes too long to go to KL. There are many unnecessary stops at some stations which are very near together. Furthermore, if you want to change to Sri Petaling Line, you have to take a U-turn at Masjid Jamik which is way too far.

    It would have been better if the two lines interchange at Chan Sow Lin station or KL Central station instead.

    I took a bus the other day from Midvalley to LRT station and was shocked to find out from the bus driver that their schedule is 2 hours once or if you're lucky to have two buses on that day, it is 1 hour once.

    In Singapore, it takes 10 minutes once for the bus to arrive to bring you to the nearest LRT/MRT station.

    Until the Malaysian govt improves public transport, car congestion will continue to be a nightmare.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by ng View Post
    1) Even with the LRT coming to USJ, it still takes too long to go to KL. There are many unnecessary stops at some stations which are very near together. Furthermore, if you want to change to Sri Petaling Line, you have to take a U-turn at Masjid Jamik which is way too far.

    2) I took a bus the other day from Midvalley and was shocked to find out from the driver that their schedule is 2 hours once or if you're lucky to have two buses on that day, it is 1 hour once.
    3) Until the Malaysian govt improves public transport, car congestion will continue to be a nightmare.
    My response:
    1) Public interests and business wise, all those "unnecessary" stops are vital to the prosperity of the line and those stops are very near or at commercial areas where most commuters are likely to reach or take off. Its the obvious circumstances in highly populated township. Prasana isn't going to be profitable if the LRT just sail through whole of Subang with just a few stops. Its commuters en mass than contribute to its profitability.
    I recall around 20+ station stops from somewhere city central of Shenzhen to Airport East (last stop, Shenzhen Metro line) around 45-50 minutes. Just sit and fiddle with your smartphone meanwhile..seems to be the trend at China or here..same scene..LOL!

    2) I think our public transport was much more efficient in the pre-mini bus era in Klang Valley. But then car traffic was much lower back then. If I'm not mistaken the longest schedule in between was around 45mins (Sri Jaya bus service). 2 hours is far too long. This is from my experience at primary school, taking public bus to school (one way...mom pick me back home after school), I recall self scheduling the bus times to get to school on time. One bus from near home to Jalan Tun Perak (45mins schedule), then Bus No 30 (Sentul Pasar) to Batu Road School (now a school for the OKU Blind) further up Jalan TAR area). I recall the MiniBus program of 1975 was supposed to be a temporary implementation, but then it lasted right through for another 15 years or so.. Temporary konon!.. your gomen just couldn't live up to rapid city progression and demand.

    3) Time will tell. Meanwhile your 1gomen still think the best way to discourage easy car ownership is allowing or insisting high price of new vehicle. I think this is a similar stance in Singapore, but then is it in the best interest of people and country?, a matter or personal opinion. At least I think people there are satisfied with the level and efficiency of public transport in place. Not all policies are going to be agreeable nor popular. We at Malaysia are just too slow and late in this area. Too late and too slow is what irks me and costly to people who really need public transport everyday to get to work on time.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    I like to add from personal observation when riding USJ Metro bus.
    I notice that a lot of commuters are easily assumed as from foreign labor who are residing within USJ Subang Sunway. Lots of them at all hours..seems more than locals being bus commuters.
    So I reckon these foreigners are also contributing substantially to the profitability of public transport companies.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    4,638
    What if it's priced like the Sunway line?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    What if it's priced like the Sunway line?
    Its RM3 for road bus to KL at this time.
    Putra LRT from Kelana Jaya to KLCC is currently Rm2.40.
    USJ 9 to KLCC = ??

    From googled fare chart, I see RM5.10 as about maximum fare any commuter would pay for single journey point to point, including hopping to another lrt line to reach the desired destination by LRT. For example to get to Sungei Wang KL from USJ, I have sit on Rapid or Metro bus from USJ Taipan to Asia Jaya at PJ, LRT to KL Sentral, then hop over to KL Monorail to Bukit Bintang. Horrible journey during peak hours.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    Its RM3 for road bus to KL at this time.
    Putra LRT from Kelana Jaya to KLCC is currently Rm2.40.
    USJ 9 to KLCC = ??

    From googled fare chart, I see RM5.10 as about maximum fare any commuter would pay for single journey point to point, including hopping to another lrt line to reach the desired destination by LRT. For example to get to Sungei Wang KL from USJ, I have sit on Rapid or Metro bus from USJ Taipan to Asia Jaya at PJ, LRT to KL Sentral, then hop over to KL Monorail to Bukit Bintang. Horrible journey during peak hours.
    I always take Rapid U63 to Pasar Seni then hop to Go KL Purple Line FOC bus to Bukit Bintang. The GO KL bus waits opposite the shops at Pasar Seni station.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by chookyan View Post
    I always take Rapid U63 to Pasar Seni then hop to Go KL Purple Line FOC bus to Bukit Bintang. The GO KL bus waits opposite the shops at Pasar Seni station.
    I could try this in future, but the thought of the journey and time to P.Seni can be quite long with numerous stops along the way and through heavy traffic at peak hours. That's why I rather stop at Asia Jaya and hop on the Putra LRT instead. At this time I can afford the fare for these justified or well intended trip to KL.
    I also observed the earliest trains of KL Monorail are not well maintained, creaking, squeaking, irritating noises like it was half a century old. Then the Metro buses..another lot of deficient maintenance issues that I feel is way below proper maintenance standards, bone shakers to say the least. It would be quite uncomfortable if one had to stand all the way if the bus is packed. As mentioned earlier, I observed a lot of foreign labor here commuting on road bus daily. Its like as if we're in another country.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    I could try this in future, but the thought of the journey and time to P.Seni can be quite long with numerous stops along the way and through heavy traffic at peak hours. That's why I rather stop at Asia Jaya and hop on the Putra LRT instead. At this time I can afford the fare for these justified or well intended trip to KL.
    I also observed the earliest trains of KL Monorail are not well maintained, creaking, squeaking, irritating noises like it was half a century old. Then the Metro buses..another lot of deficient maintenance issues that I feel is way below proper maintenance standards, bone shakers to say the least. It would be quite uncomfortable if one had to stand all the way if the bus is packed. As mentioned earlier, I observed a lot of foreign labor here commuting on road bus daily. Its like as if we're in another country.
    BSLee - I am a bit lucky as I am in USJ6. I can also take the FOC Selangorku bus to Subang Komuter Station, take the Komuter to KL Station then a short walk to Pasar Seni to take the GO KL bus to Bukit Bintang.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by chookyan View Post
    BSLee - I am a bit lucky as I am in USJ6. I can also take the FOC Selangorku bus to Subang Komuter Station, take the Komuter to KL Station then a short walk to Pasar Seni to take the GO KL bus to Bukit Bintang.
    One way I go BB is drive all the way to Stadium Merdeka KL, park there all day for only RM3, then take Monorail at Stadium (Maharajalela Station) to BB. This would be thought of if I have some intention to buy something substantial and a hassle to carry by hand via LRT, Monorail.
    Another is drive and park at Amcorp Mall on weekend, public holiday (why? Flat park rate at RM3) and hop to Taman Jaya LRT to KL Sentral, then KL monorail to BB.
    Lastly, I think we at Subang/USJ could be more fortunate than countless other housing estates at Shah Alam who may have to wait for many years more for more efficient public transport.
    MALAYSIA IS SO DAMN LATE in this kind of essential progress for the best interest of the rakyat and trapped urban poor! I cringe on the prospect that we will be getting poorer as time moves on and COL becomes more expensive. Suka JUAL MAHAL literally!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by chookyan View Post
    BSLee - I am a bit lucky as I am in USJ6. I can also take the FOC Selangorku bus to Subang Komuter Station, take the Komuter to KL Station then a short walk to Pasar Seni to take the GO KL bus to Bukit Bintang.
    I heard the KTM is very slow and unreliable, is it true?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by ng View Post
    I heard the KTM is very slow and unreliable, is it true?
    I haven't taken KTM in a long time but last experience was its much slower than LRT. As for unreliability?, no idea.
    Public transport here is primitive and people have to wait so so long for drastic improvement. This could be one reason why wage earning rakyat are facing poorer in quality of life, vulnerable to imminent rising price increase and less savings at the end of the year contributed and accelerated by other causes.
    Drive around?..waste petrol on traffic jams. Buses? 1960's quality, save for air-conditioning. The LRT should have been more extensive since 10 years ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •