Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Where to plant my durian plant?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Outside
    Posts
    1,223

    Where to plant my durian plant?

    My favorite durian, I threw into a pot, started growing. can we plant durian tree in our house garden?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    From what I know you are only allowed to plant this variety:


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Putra heights
    Posts
    3,675
    I think its a jack fruit tree,durians shape is not like that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    Does durian fruits have a particular shape Mr Tomaswaki?

    Or they MUST grow on TOP of the trees and not necessary at the bottom?



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    Must the durian fruits always must be perfect and in yellow flesh?






  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    Variety is the spice of life as they say, can they also come in red Mr Tomaswaki?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    2,602
    Yes, yes and yes.
    Also you must give the first harvest to me

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by cskok8 View Post
    Yes, yes and yes.
    Also you must give the first harvest to me
    My invitation to USJ forum members has always been open... the durian season in Balik Pulau is late June to August each year... anyone can contact me and I will play host, no problem.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    My invitation to USJ forum members has always been open... the durian season in Balik Pulau is late June to August each year... anyone can contact me and I will play host, no problem.
    Balik Pulau's durians are not cheap.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    USJ 12
    Posts
    4,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat Bruce View Post
    My favorite durian, I threw into a pot, started growing. can we plant durian tree in our house garden?
    Friend, even if live in a bungalow house, it is not wise to have a durian tree in your compound. Not only they grow very tall, they only fruit twice a year. You can't plug durian from the tree to eat. You need to wait for them to fall down naturally when it is ripe to be eaten. You wouldn't want them to drop on your head. Anyway, you can easily buy them and pay for those variety you want to eat. And variety is the spice of life. Use your space to plant something that fruits throughout the year.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
    Balik Pulau's durians are not cheap.
    Good things are not cheap... cheap things are not good.... my invitation is always open and I will foot the bill... just PM me...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    Good things are not cheap... cheap things are not good.... my invitation is always open and I will foot the bill... just PM me...
    I tried once. The durians were good and very fresh too. Just that I found them to be very expensive. Now very seldom go to Penang.

    Thanks for the offer.
    U won't miss what U don't know and U won't know what U are missing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •