Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: The ugly truth behind the heart-wrenching picture !!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989

    The ugly truth behind the heart-wrenching picture !!

    I believe anyone will move by the picture showing the body of a young boy found lying face-down on a beach when his family attempted to reach Greece. However, read the story from an exclusive report - " Why compassion is the last thing this refugee crisis needs " from the Telegraph, UK.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...sis-needs.html


    The family are not really refugees...
    - The family had been living in Turkey for three years and the father, Abdullah Kurdi, had a job. It was only because Abdullah’s sister in Canada gave them 2,500 to pay to human traffickers that they were able to make the dangerous sea journey in aticipating for a better life in Europe.


    and what the fxxx are the rich arab countries doing ??
    - Shamefully, much wealthier Middle Eastern countries have failed so far to take in any of their four and a half million displaced and traumatised brethren.. "

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Australia a predominately Christian nation has committed to take 12,000 of these displaced Syrians.

    How many is Malaysia going to take??

    Right now Aussies are busy arranging works/accommodation when they reach here end of the year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Putra heights
    Posts
    3,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Australia a predominately Christian nation has committed to take 12,000 of these displaced Syrians.

    How many is Malaysia going to take??

    Right now Aussies are busy arranging works/accommodation when they reach here end of the year.
    I think the last time Malaysia take is those from Bosnia.Most of them also went back after war is over.Cannot eat nasi lemak and roti canai everyday and also use hand.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by jan tomaswaki View Post
    I think the last time Malaysia take is those from Bosnia.Most of them also went back after war is over.Cannot eat nasi lemak and roti canai everyday and also use hand.
    Is there any Bosnian supermarkets in Boleh?

    Surely Boleh is better than Bosnia, no?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    and what the fxxx are the rich arab countries doing ??
    - Shamefully, much wealthier Middle Eastern countries have failed so far to take in any of their four and a half million displaced and traumatised brethren.. "
    Hmmm...I read somewhere, somebody from SArabia posted something in response to this allegation or presumption that the rich or super rich countries do nothing. The response was that they HAVE taken in 6 figure numbers of Syrians including refugees into their country, but do NOT label or brand them as "refugees". So this is probably why refugees are not noted or observed. As usual there could be biased media that portray biased views just like what our local MSM is capable of doing.

    Wait, I found the article..read at "How much are they helping?"
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business...-1227518333430

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    Hmmm...I read somewhere, somebody from SArabia posted something in response to this allegation or presumption that the rich or super rich countries do nothing. The response was that they HAVE taken in 6 figure numbers of Syrians including refugees into their country, but do NOT label or brand them as "refugees". So this is probably why refugees are not noted or observed. As usual there could be biased media that portray biased views just like what our local MSM is capable of doing....
    I doubt this is true. They are many Arabs and Asians work in the rich arab nations but they are WORKERS, not refugees.

    I don't think any country (whether in Arab or in Europe) will accept up to 6 figure numbers of syrians but don't call them as refugees..

    and the acid test is WHY the Syrians risk their life in a tougher journey to Hungary/Austria/Germany instead of just walk or drive to the nearer neighbouring Arab countries !!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    I believe anyone will move by the picture showing the body of a young boy found lying face-down on a beach when his family attempted to reach Greece. However, read the story from an exclusive report - " Why compassion is the last thing this refugee crisis needs " from the Telegraph, UK.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...sis-needs.html


    The family are not really refugees...
    - The family had been living in Turkey for three years and the father, Abdullah Kurdi, had a job. It was only because Abdullah’s sister in Canada gave them 2,500 to pay to human traffickers that they were able to make the dangerous sea journey in aticipating for a better life in Europe.


    and what the fxxx are the rich arab countries doing ??
    - Shamefully, much wealthier Middle Eastern countries have failed so far to take in any of their four and a half million displaced and traumatised brethren.. "

    I just listened to the TV news.

    The boy's father is actually a peoples' smugglers from the Middle East to Europe.

    He must have made a lot of dirty money & that's the price he had to pay.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    War is ugly and the civilians are always the ones who pay the price.

    The purpose I started this thread is I wanted to show the influence of media, the power of a photo... and how people can be misled into a story that was widely perceived as the root cause of a tragedy.

    The root cause of the migrant crisis in the European continent is clear and obvious.
    Last edited by Greenwich; 11-09-2015 at 06:09 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    I just listened to the TV news.

    The boy's father is actually a peoples' smugglers from the Middle East to Europe.

    He must have made a lot of dirty money & that's the price he had to pay.
    Pls refrain from speculating. Whatever it is, an innocent life was tragically lost. Imagine if that was yr son.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    4,231
    More shocking footage, secretly filmed.....more pictures of a tragedy in the making....

    'Forced into a makeshift enclosure and thrown food like animals in a pen.....'

    "Starving migrants are being forced into makeshift enclosures and fed 'like animals in a pen' by Hungarian police officers, shocking footage has revealed."

    More at link below.....

    >>>Read/Video/Images @DailyMail<<<

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozil View Post
    Pls refrain from speculating. Whatever it is, an innocent life was tragically lost. Imagine if that was yr son.
    I am not speculating.....this was actually reported at 5pm "Eye Witness News of Channel Ten"....a TV in Australia which you may know.

    TV showed an elderly woman who was also in that rubber boat said that man sat at the front of the boat & gave instructions where to go.

    BTW, have you seen the TV news??

    'Imagine if that was yr son' comment is uncalled for
    Last edited by Naka; 12-09-2015 at 07:45 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Australia a predominately Christian nation has committed to take 12,000 of these displaced Syrians.

    How many is Malaysia going to take??

    Right now Aussies are busy arranging works/accommodation when they reach here end of the year.

    Malaysia is a poor country compared to Australia and some Arab countries. It can only do so much.

    Anyway, every year there are many Rohinya refugees from Myanmar and some other Muslim countries. Malaysia don't publicized their intake as much. But you can see these refugees if you know where to look.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozil View Post
    Pls refrain from speculating. Whatever it is, an innocent life was tragically lost. Imagine if that was yr son.


    Ten Eyewitness News on Channel 10 at 5 followed up this smuggler's story for 2 days on the 11th Sept & 12th Sept 2015.

    I found the first news on the 11th Sept 2015 here in Youtube.




    Please enjoy your new found environment at the plantation.

    Three other forumers have good suggestions in dealing with them under the photos section.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Please enjoy your new found environment at the plantation.
    Three other forumers have good suggestions in dealing with them under the photos section.
    I don't enjoy reading sarcasm to a personal level. If ever, ask yourself again if its really needed to emphasize and stress your point strongly.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    I don't enjoy reading sarcasm to a personal level. If ever, ask yourself again if its really needed to emphasize and stress your point strongly.
    Yes, I understand from your point of view but please do not forget I have my style and right too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •