Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 438

Thread: Is grass greener on the other side?

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Coogee
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by David Midget View Post
    I think the 'glorious' days for this forum were during the early 2000s, when there were so many contributors (when Jeff Ooi was around). But with the passage of time, many people moved on, got other things to do etc. I myself first moved into the USJ area in year 2000, then, in my late 30s, now I am in my mid 50s.
    Interesting......but what make you to post today after 20 or so years assuming this is your first nic or postings? No offence meant, just curious.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by coogee View Post
    Interesting......but what make you to post today after 20 or so years assuming this is your first nic or postings? No offence meant, just curious.
    I used to post under a different ID (during those days but I forgotten the password) but I was also busy with my work & other things in life (like playing the role of being a father; my 2nd kid was 3 mths old when I first moved to USJ) & during a long period of time, I didn't really come into this forum.

    I created another ID last year, & I realised then, that this forum was extremely quiet with only 2 or 3 regular contributors( I still remember those days when David Yau/Sentinel contributed under his 'Green Bug' ID & his tussle with Stand Chart!).

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Coogee
    Posts
    249
    Hey thanks for the heads up. Yes, I noticed some just gave up posting but I have to admit it was an entertaining ringside seat spectacle when those two taikos wannabe hammer each other (I remember the F word in bold literally flew out many times in one posting!) as though they were fighting a turf war outside of banana plantation. Ya, those were the once in a lifetime days! Reminiscence of those "not too long but gone" great days pass us by ....... like those yearning and harking for the the good old days in the 70s and 80s. Just half joking...

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Outside
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by David Midget View Post
    I think the 'glorious' days for this forum were during the early 2000s, when there were so many contributors (when Jeff Ooi was around). But with the passage of time, many people moved on, got other things to do etc. I myself first moved into the USJ area in year 2000, then, in my late 30s, now I am in my mid 50s.
    Your profile is similar to mine. My kids born and grew up in Subang Jaya. It is a nice place for the kids to grow.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,857
    Quote Originally Posted by David Midget View Post
    I think the 'glorious' days for this forum were during the early 2000s, when there were so many contributors (when Jeff Ooi was around)...
    No lah. Jeff Ooi was/is just an elegantly quiet owner of this site. He didnt contribute much except for the occasional wanna 'tayang' only. Many old timers have had lotsa virtual 'skirmishes', 'batterings' and 'hammerings' with this site LCLY owner. And Poor mod Mr Chang got 'volunteered' into his task until today. Jeff called for volunteer-mod, the lot took a step backward and guess who was caught standing still up front?

    Yeah, true that. Sentinel's fight with Std Chart was a classic David vs Goliath. Of course, Goliath won but with a bloody nose to crow. This fight actually did influence me on NOT having SC on my panel of banks Those were the 'glorious' days indeed esp Sentinel & I with our whisky and cigar chomping session...then we also TT sessioned with all the Mr & Mrs Teetotaler nice people of USJ.com.my and a certain airline crew will bring a bottle of very matured grape juice to share amongst the matured kids...

    AHHHHH...pleasant memories indeed.
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    No lah. Jeff Ooi was/is just an elegantly quiet owner of this site. He didnt contribute much except for the occasional wanna 'tayang' only. Many old timers have had lotsa virtual 'skirmishes', 'batterings' and 'hammerings' with this site LCLY owner. And Poor mod Mr Chang got 'volunteered' into his task until today. Jeff called for volunteer-mod, the lot took a step backward and guess who was caught standing still up front?

    Yeah, true that. Sentinel's fight with Std Chart was a classic David vs Goliath. Of course, Goliath won but with a bloody nose to crow. This fight actually did influence me on NOT having SC on my panel of banks Those were the 'glorious' days indeed esp Sentinel & I with our whisky and cigar chomping session...then we also TT sessioned with all the Mr & Mrs Teetotaler nice people of USJ.com.my and a certain airline crew will bring a bottle of very matured grape juice to share amongst the matured kids...

    AHHHHH...pleasant memories indeed.
    And of course, I also enjoyed David Yau's/Greenbug/Sentinel subsequent tussle with Manulife! I really missed his presence in this forum.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Coogee
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    No lah. Jeff Ooi was/is just an elegantly quiet owner of this site. He didnt contribute much except for the occasional wanna 'tayang' only. Many old timers have had lotsa virtual 'skirmishes', 'batterings' and 'hammerings' with this site LCLY owner. And Poor mod Mr Chang got 'volunteered' into his task until today. Jeff called for volunteer-mod, the lot took a step backward and guess who was caught standing still up front?

    Yeah, true that. Sentinel's fight with Std Chart was a classic David vs Goliath. Of course, Goliath won but with a bloody nose to crow. This fight actually did influence me on NOT having SC on my panel of banks Those were the 'glorious' days indeed esp Sentinel & I with our whisky and cigar chomping session...then we also TT sessioned with all the Mr & Mrs Teetotaler nice people of USJ.com.my and a certain airline crew will bring a bottle of very matured grape juice to share amongst the matured kids...

    AHHHHH...pleasant memories indeed.
    I think you are referring to USJ27Resident? Whatever happened to him? Met him once in Sydney years ago and then he completely want awol from this forum shortly.

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,857
    Quote Originally Posted by David Midget View Post
    And of course, I also enjoyed David Yau's/Greenbug/Sentinel subsequent tussle with Manulife! I really missed his presence in this forum.
    HAHAHAHA...yeah, i 4got that episode...and that time the manulife ceo was also buddy of mine. So i collared both of 'em into a table talk , with whisky to cool down. HAHAHAHA!
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,857
    The grass is indeed greener for the boatload of vietnamese who just landed 2 days ago in the remote part of QL...
    imagine that! such perilous sea journey when plane loads of returned Vietnamese are touching down in HCM & Hanoi to partake in the econ growth, what with VN being the investors' flavor of the months , maybe 2 years actually.

    This landing is a also a big slap for the Oz maritime border patrol... talk about guerilla style sea warfare to evade the blur squid angmo navy, border patrol and other blur sotongs in uniform...
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    The grass is indeed greener for the boatload of vietnamese who just landed 2 days ago in the remote part of QL...
    imagine that! such perilous sea journey when plane loads of returned Vietnamese are touching down in HCM & Hanoi to partake in the econ growth, what with VN being the investors' flavor of the months , maybe 2 years actually.

    This landing is a also a big slap for the Oz maritime border patrol... talk about guerilla style sea warfare to evade the blur squid angmo navy, border patrol and other blur sotongs in uniform...
    They also managed to avoid the big, hungry, northern salties!

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,857
    all verfy konfusing...last month they sang a diff but swan song...now this??? "...Melbourne is now leading the declines, with a 2 per cent fall over the past three months, although Sydney’s 5.6 per cent annual decline is still the worst over the past year...." Apa ikan dey sayin'???

    https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nati...ices-downturn/
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Coogee
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    all verfy konfusing...last month they sang a diff but swan song...now this??? "...Melbourne is now leading the declines, with a 2 per cent fall over the past three months, although Sydney´┐Żs 5.6 per cent annual decline is still the worst over the past year...." Apa ikan dey sayin'???

    https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nati...ices-downturn/
    The trend is down. But the start of spring (now) is the best indicator as it has been traditionally where most number of properties are put out for sale / auction. Winter auction rates in Sydney has been around 50-60% but I doubt these figures as many real estate agents tend not to or delay reporting when their properties fail to sell or withdrawn for sale. I have noticed when the boom starts it is often led by the city, eastern and lower north shore suburbs and lastly by the western regions. The reverse is true, when the downturn comes the west gets hit first. And it is now happening.

    What concerns many people is the interest rate movement which the Reserve Bank is projected to hold on current numbers. However, the banks are moving away from following the Reserve Bank and now increasing rates out of cycle to the official rate. Westpac and some smaller financial institutions have already announced their increases last week.Other major banks are expected to follow due to higher cost of funds derived from overseas.

    The worse fear for the market is the impact of those holding interest only loans (2-3 years interest thereafter interest + principal) which are now due to include principal repayments. According to reports many who holds these types of loans are considered under financial stress and are very susceptible to any increase in repayments.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Coogee
    Posts
    249
    Meantime the building is still ramping up:

    https://www.domain.com.au/money-mark...h14bdc-759397/

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    6,964
    In order to keep the discussions on track, I have moved the troll messages to a new thread Troll troubles under Moderation Issues

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,857
    Quote Originally Posted by coogee View Post
    Meantime the building is still ramping up:

    https://www.domain.com.au/money-mark...h14bdc-759397/
    Food or money for thought during bed time: ...many ozzies who took the variable interest rate and interest-paying-only a few years ago, gonna be panicking aledy! Those who think they can flip also kenot sleep dy...
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •