Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Results 406 to 415 of 415

Thread: Is grass greener on the other side?

  1. #406
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Coogee
    Posts
    249
    Sometimes it is not just about money.....

    https://www.smh.com.au/national/quee...05-p501xw.html

  2. #407
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Coogee
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    Food or money for thought during bed time: ...many ozzies who took the variable interest rate and interest-paying-only a few years ago, gonna be panicking aledy! Those who think they can flip also kenot sleep dy...
    So far there is no sign of fire sale or foreclosures, perhaps on the quiet but certainly not reported in the news yet. But for those who bought in more than 2 years ago I think they will still be ahead in equity due to the big price rises. Those who bought in the last 1-2 years or so may be worried especially properties in outer suburbs.

  3. #408
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by coogee View Post
    Sometimes it is not just about money.....

    https://www.smh.com.au/national/quee...05-p501xw.html
    I say, u say, its helluva easy to say if one already have amassed a fortune...

    Oops! just saw a sign outside "For SALE" at Keppel St... This limited edition low rise apartment & townhouse project is just what, 4yrs old? Anyway, It should go for min AUD1.2mil or thereabout...*fingers crossed*
    Last edited by tupai; 06-09-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  4. #409
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2
    The Oz household mortgage to GDP ratio is 120 per cent. In term of size, after five years of surging prices, the market value of the Australia’s homes has ballooned to $7.3 trillion – or more than four times the country's GDP. Not even the U.S. property market achieved such height at their peak a decade ago which burst in the 2008 subprime crisis.

    The entire property sector in Australia is held up by leverage. As long as the leverage is still available, it may bounce around a bit before crashing. But when home prices dropped substantially below the amount people owed on their mortgages, which made it impossible for them to sell the home and pay off the mortgage, the leverage will disappear. When this happen and with the size of such debt in a country with only 25 million population, God help Australia.

  5. #410
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Emersus T View Post
    The Oz household mortgage to GDP ratio is 120 per cent. In term of size, after five years of surging prices, the market value of the Australia’s homes has ballooned to $7.3 trillion – or more than four times the country's GDP. Not even the U.S. property market achieved such height at their peak a decade ago which burst in the 2008 subprime crisis.

    The entire property sector in Australia is held up by leverage. As long as the leverage is still available, it may bounce around a bit before crashing. But when home prices dropped substantially below the amount people owed on their mortgages, which made it impossible for them to sell the home and pay off the mortgage, the leverage will disappear. When this happen and with the size of such debt in a country with only 25 million population,[SIZE=5] God help Australia.[/SIZE]
    ..and those with spare money to pick up jolly good deals! they will be YEEHAWWWWWINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  6. #411
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,611
    Leverage is not a bad thing.

    Businesses leverage to grow and people leverage to own assets. Success or failure depends on market conditions and the extend of the leverage.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  7. #412
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2
    There is a quick way to gauge whether the magnitude of leverage in a country is beyond the acceptable level.

    Warren Buffett once said one of the early signs of forthcoming bad time (recession or crisis) is when you noticed people who are dumb suddenly appeared to be rich and they wanna shared their money-making stories from equity or property.

  8. #413
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Emersus T View Post
    There is a quick way to gauge whether the magnitude of leverage in a country is beyond the acceptable level.

    Warren Buffett once said one of the early signs of forthcoming bad time (recession or crisis) is when you noticed people who are dumb suddenly appeared to be rich and they wanna shared their money-making stories from equity or property.
    Yes, like the story of the shoeshine boy giving market tips to Joseph Kennedy.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  9. #414
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
    Yes, like the story of the shoeshine boy giving market tips to Joseph Kennedy.
    ...and i heard previously or was it recently(?) many got charred when they got hot share market tips from the mai chi-yok loh and reconfirmed by the mai-choy aunty in the wet market :-)
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  10. #415
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,830
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •