Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 908

Thread: It breaks 3.8

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by ng View Post
    ...The ringgit is the second worst performing Asian currency. Rupiah is the worst
    Really... Maybe you can check how AUD performed against USD, for the past months and also on WOW basis..


    Btw, I may agree with you if you limit your scope to Asian currency. Don't really know where this kangaroo island belongs to, neither in Aisa or outside Asia..

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    Really... Maybe you can check how AUD performed against USD, for the past months and also on WOW basis..


    Btw, I may agree with you if you limit your scope to Asian currency. Don't really know where this kangaroo island belongs to, neither in Aisa or outside Asia..
    Australia is considered a British country, linked politically, culturally to the British and American.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by ng View Post
    Australia is considered a British country, linked politically, culturally to the British and American.
    But is in Asia-Pacific !!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia-Pacific

    So how ? Asian currency or not ??

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,552
    Look lah..our currency is not looked upon as "great". It'll be fffed around till kingdom come and as long as this land and people consume IMPORTS like no tomorrow..go suffer the circumstances of our banana currency and pay 5X or more than someone in UK or USA earning the same numerical figure as you here. He earn US$100, can buy numerous things, You earn RM100, you finish it in 2 seconds. You have to earn RM500 to be in competition with that fler. Your RM10 can't even buy you a pack of ciggies here, not enough for Burger King either. In 1960's RM10 can feed your family for a week from wet market food and home cooked.
    I foresee THERE IS NO WAY it'll ever be near par to US or EU currency now or in the future..it'll stay LOW and just better than other failed countries..head just above water.

    http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/B...380/?style=biz
    They can passify all they want but to majority rakyat who with mostly trapped with income deficiency syndrome is all beside the point that they're all facing price inflation and fork out more for mostly imported goods or with imported content in local manufactured goods..its simple as that!.. Price increase at shops, silent or blatant..you wan or not?..or just deprive yourself of such things and feel "very poor" that those things cannot be afforded anymore...that's life here! Businesses won't batter an eyelid..they tell you straight in the face in not so many words.. YOU WAN OR NOT?
    Last edited by bslee; 09-06-2015 at 12:26 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    But is in Asia-Pacific !!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia-Pacific

    So how ? Asian currency or not ??
    If the Chinese set up a country in Europe speaking Chinese, culturally Chinese, physically Chinese and with political link to China, do you consider that as Chinese or European country?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,784
    Quote Originally Posted by ng View Post
    If the Chinese set up a country in Europe speaking Chinese, culturally Chinese, physically Chinese and with political link to China, do you consider that as Chinese or European country?
    Hahahaha....maybe call Eurochin......Chineuro......

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,021
    Euchin?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,552
    Its 3.74 today to US Dollar.. interbank rate..not $ exchanger rates..its more of course.
    Look at and you may think nothing is worth buying at UK. You are VERY VERY POOR in comparison.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    Look at and you may think nothing is worth buying at UK. You are VERY VERY POOR in comparison.
    I bought trenchcoat and leather gloves in UK. It is cheaper and worthy to buy there.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,021
    Winter stuff are always cheaper over there because it is so common. Over here its expensive and sometimes not really suitable for winter conditions even though it looks thick and fluffy. Nowadays with new techonology those thermal ware are thinner and retains more heat.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    I bought trenchcoat and leather gloves in UK. It is cheaper and worthy to buy there.
    So true, I saw really great winter wears in Mt Cook, NZ....better quality & cheaper than those in HK.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Talking about leather glove, I noticed something new to me (not sure whether it is new to others..)

    You see, it is inconvenient to answer phone or use touchscreen gadget when the fingers are covered with glove. The glove that I bought in UK has "glove thread" which is touchscreen compatible to enable one to answer phone call or use the screen keypad !!

    This is great idea as you don't need to take off the glove when it is freezing cold..

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by cml View Post
    ..Nowadays with new techonology those thermal ware are thinner and retains more heat.
    Yes, I think the HEATTECH innerwear from Uniqlo has made wool long john look so primitive.

    The HEATTECH material is so light and it won't irritate the skin, unlike the fluffy wool.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Natio...9/Ringgit-Low/

    It seems that Ringgit will go lower in the future while Bank Negara doesn't want to prop it up.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,524
    Tokkok. We are not even self sufficient in food. Rice also have to be imported.

    Oh, I know what we can do - eat less, like two meals a day.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •