Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: herbal cures?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989

    herbal cures?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    The first thing to do on coming back was to check my 6 Papaya trees which I bought 4 weeks ago to see if they are still alive.

    They cost $7.50 each without G.S.T. at the Sunday market. Yes, thanks goodness, they are still looking good.

    The only plant I do not have in my backyard is a banana tree.
    Do you plant vegetables in your garden ? I have been trying to plant lady's finger (okra) in my little backyard in Malacca.

    I have a "buddy" from Malacca who now live in SJ. He has acute diabetes..

    Someone told me drinking lady's fingers juice can lower the blood sugar and I recommended him to try. It works quite ok for him..

    He is a retiree. Diabetic medicine is not cheap (even before GST) and his children kind of don't take care of him much. You know vegetable is also not cheap in SJ. I am thinking if the lady's fingers can grow well in my house's backyard, I may occasional bring this vege to him when I travel to Malacca..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    Do you plant vegetables in your garden ? I have been trying to plant lady's finger (okra) in my little backyard in Malacca.

    I have a "buddy" from Malacca who now live in SJ. He has acute diabetes..

    Someone told me drinking lady's fingers juice can lower the blood sugar and I recommended him to try. It works quite ok for him..

    He is a retiree. Diabetic medicine is not cheap (even before GST) and his children kind of don't take care of him much. You know vegetable is also not cheap in SJ. I am thinking if the lady's fingers can grow well in my house's backyard, I may occasional bring this vege to him when I travel to Malacca..
    No lah, no okra in my backyard as we move around a fair bit.

    I did not know okra can cure diabetes.

    To the best of my knowledge, none of my friends in all the places have such a disease.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    Do you plant vegetables in your garden ? I have been trying to plant lady's finger (okra) in my little backyard in Malacca.

    I have a "buddy" from Malacca who now live in SJ. He has acute diabetes..

    Someone told me drinking lady's fingers juice can lower the blood sugar and I recommended him to try. It works quite ok for him..

    He is a retiree. Diabetic medicine is not cheap (even before GST) and his children kind of don't take care of him much. You know vegetable is also not cheap in SJ. I am thinking if the lady's fingers can grow well in my house's backyard, I may occasional bring this vege to him when I travel to Malacca..
    Consider also FENUGREEK seeds - these seeds have been researched and reported to help control diabetes but do check on Google. CAUTION (read up the online medical research): If the patient is already on insulin, fenugreek drink may cause hypoglycaemic conditions. It is easier to drink the boiled water of these seeds (after overnight soaking). You can get the organic version from organic shops.
    As one grows older, one has to eat healthier. So, add more vegetables into the mix

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    Consider also FENUGREEK seeds - these seeds have been researched and reported to help control diabetes but do check on Google. CAUTION (read up the online medical research): If the patient is already on insulin, fenugreek drink may cause hypoglycaemic conditions. It is easier to drink the boiled water of these seeds (after overnight soaking). You can get the organic version from organic shops.
    Thanks..

    I always advise my diabetes-stricken buddy to treat this herbs as supplementary to medicine. The main control should always be the prescribed medicine from doctor..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    Consider also FENUGREEK seeds - these seeds have been researched and reported to help control diabetes but do check on Google. CAUTION (read up the online medical research): If the patient is already on insulin, fenugreek drink may cause hypoglycaemic conditions. It is easier to drink the boiled water of these seeds (after overnight soaking). You can get the organic version from organic shops.
    So many experts on traditional medicine here?

    What about clogged blood arteries (artheriocloresis), what is the best trad herbs ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,232
    Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    Consider also FENUGREEK seeds - these seeds have been researched and reported to help control diabetes but do check on Google. CAUTION (read up the online medical research): If the patient is already on insulin, fenugreek drink may cause hypoglycaemic conditions. It is easier to drink the boiled water of these seeds (after overnight soaking). You can get the organic version from organic shops.
    A little off-topic here:-

    "As one grows older, one has to eat healthier. So, add more vegetables into the mix "

    Yes, just found your 'bibimbap' nick by chance from a photo I took last year.20140731_122706.jpg

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    A little off-topic here:-

    "As one grows older, one has to eat healthier. So, add more vegetables into the mix "

    Yes, just found your 'bibimbap' nick by chance from a photo I took last year.20140731_122706.jpg
    Hope you enjoyed it
    As one grows older, one has to eat healthier. So, add more vegetables into the mix

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,098
    See the effects of Goji (枸杞 or wolfberry) on body pH balance - the level of alkalinity vs acidity in the blood and its reforming effect. The research was done by Dr. Victor Marcial-Vega from John Hopkin Hospital.



    This is Wolfberry or commonly known as Goji (枸杞)

    有才而性缓定属大才,有智而气和斯为大智.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by ng View Post
    So many experts on traditional medicine here?

    What about clogged blood arteries (artheriocloresis), what is the best trad herbs ?
    Turmeric was used since more than 2500 years ago. Lord Buddha and all the early Buddhist monks use the orange-yellow coloring obtained from the matured rhizomes of this plant to dye their robes.

    Also called the "yellow ginger", it is often used as a treatment for jaundice, irregular menstruation, stomach problems, abdomen pain, chest pain, back pain, diarrhea and dysentery.

    One of the proven medicinal benefits of turmeric is its anti-thrombotic properties or ability to inhibit blood clotting.

    A 1999 study in “Biochemical Pharmacology,” a 2005 study in the “Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology” and an ongoing study begun in 2009 by the USDA have shown that Curcumin, a chemical in turmeric, reduces the risk of clogged arteries, strokes and heart attacks.

    http://www.livestrong.com/article/54...e-blood-clots/

    有才而性缓定属大才,有智而气和斯为大智.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by HTCHONG View Post
    See the effects of Goji (枸杞 or wolfberry) on body pH balance - the level of alkalinity vs acidity in the blood and its reforming effect. The research was done by Dr. Victor Marcial-Vega from John Hopkin Hospital.
    枸杞 (wolfberry) is good. We often add them into soap and fish porridge..

    Just have to be VERY CAREFUL of the source. Unscrupulous distributors add faked wolfberry which has been dyed with red color. Can't differentiate with naked eyes.

    Buy from trustworthy shop (if you know them) or from reputable shops.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    枸杞 (wolfberry) is good. We often add them into soap and fish porridge..

    Just have to be VERY CAREFUL of the source. Unscrupulous distributors add faked wolfberry which has been dyed with red color. Can't differentiate with naked eyes.

    Buy from trustworthy shop (if you know them) or from reputable shops.
    Greenwich, thank you for your info. In fact, I take Goji everyday as supplement for my eyes since I read a lot due to work nature. However, I am surprised some are dyed. I thought Goji is not a very expansive stuff. These unscrupulous merchants truly heartless.
    有才而性缓定属大才,有智而气和斯为大智.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by HTCHONG View Post
    Greenwich, thank you for your info. In fact, I take Goji everyday as supplement for my eyes since I read a lot due to work nature. However, I am surprised some are dyed. I thought Goji is not a very expansive stuff. These unscrupulous merchants truly heartless.

    Although it is not a very expansive stuff but when the quantity is huge, there is substantial $$$ to be made too by supplying faked goji or poor quality goji which have been dyed red to look attractive... !!

    http://health.sina.com.cn/hc/2013-08-19/093399576.shtml

    http://www.360doc.com/content/10/120...75721502.shtml


    I made a typo error in previous post

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    枸杞 (wolfberry) is good. We often add them into soap and fish porridge...
    it is soup...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,098
    Believe it or not, we just talk about fake Goji. Now they discover China has fake rice too. Someone send me this video on the production of fake rice in China which was uploaded to YouTube about a week ago.

    Watch out if you buy rice imported from China.

    有才而性缓定属大才,有智而气和斯为大智.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Unbelievable... !!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    Unbelievable... !!
    The PRC Chinese will be quick to tell you "They are clever to be able to do such thing"

    p/s..........they may have add in some herbal ingredients to the fake rice that can cure all.
    Last edited by Naka; 13-05-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •