Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 1023

Thread: Where To Eat And Where Not To

  1. #946
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    I think they are the workers from the plantation and farm.

    What to do !! Locals don't want to work as plantation workers and if they work, they demand higher wages. Local vege is oredi expensive with these foreigners working as labourers, without them price sure will shoot up and even cookiing at home is costly...
    Anyway..its this kind of phenomenon thats spoiling this country. That's why after observing countless issues..I can only shake my head with disgust and hope I don't live to see it at its very worst at the rate things are going.

  2. #947
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    ....what else to do up there?..no entertainment spots and near zero nightlife other than hanging around watching cars pass by.
    Got starbucks now at Tanah Rata !!

    At least can have a cup of caffè latte and read some books, no ??

  3. #948
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by jan tomaswaki View Post
    ...One high end hotel in PJ is the same cater for MNC or high class tourist but now most tourist are from Arab countries.
    Some of these folks are real eye sores to the beautiful scenery and tasteful deco..

    Those who come here are mostly cheapskate folks. Rich ones will go to milan, london and paris which is nearer to go there than coming here...

    I avoid them whenver I can including airline. No more etihad, qatar and whatever apanama airlines for me..

  4. #949
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    My affordable idea of a short holiday in CH will be at Heritage Hotel at Tanah Rata. I will insist on a room facing Gunung Jasar, Gunung Brinchang and Erau, (one wing of the hotel face this direction) which I can sit at the balcony for sometime in the evening or early in the morning and stare at the main range mountains (its mind therapeutic and some nostalgia for me). Then my room package would have breakfast included..no need to go find breakfast in town., its all good enough for me and wife. I know I will not afford that YTL hotel and I know it wasn't meant for the likes of me either. I will go off peak, never during some holiday season.

    I took this panaroma pic when I was there in 2013. Sorry, the pic may not do justice. Gunung Brinchang is in the center, G.Jasar is far left, coincidentally only 2km away in a straight line.
     photo IMG_20131116_080420_zpsgwuutalo.jpg

  5. #950
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Putra heights
    Posts
    3,675
    There is a good small food court in Brinchang just a Kilometre away from Copathore hotel formerly known as Equatorial,just down hill from there on the right hand side.Early cold morning it,s nice to have prawn Mee,CUrrymee,CCF own by chinese ,made by chinese ,operate by Chinese.No need to go down to Tanah Rata.

  6. #951
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by jan tomaswaki View Post
    There is a good small food court in Brinchang just a Kilometre away from Copathore hotel formerly known as Equatorial,just down hill from there on the right hand side.Early cold morning it,s nice to have prawn Mee,CUrrymee,CCF own by chinese ,made by chinese ,operate by Chinese.No need to go down to Tanah Rata.
    If you're putting up at Brinchang or Equatorial (Kea Farm) area, then Tanah Rata is quite a distance to n fro. When driving up down Brinchang-Tanah Rata, I usually take a short cut at the golf course perimeter through Kampung Taman Sedia to Tanah Rata.

  7. #952
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Putra heights
    Posts
    3,675
    Last Sat had lunch in Nirvana for the first after hearing good recomendations,for 2 pax banana leaf rice with 2 fried tengiri ,1 small plate of masala chicken 2 soft drinks cost me RM46.Damn expensive even more expensive than Raju.

  8. #953
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by jan tomaswaki View Post
    Last Sat had lunch in Nirvana for the first after hearing good recomendations,for 2 pax banana leaf rice with 2 fried tengiri ,1 small plate of masala chicken 2 soft drinks cost me RM46.Damn expensive even more expensive than Raju.
    We went to MBO subang parade on Sat to watch the mission impossible-rogue nation... and then dinner at Esquire Kitchen.

    - one large size sambal prawns
    - one standard size signature taufu
    - one regular size kung pao chicken (宫保鸡丁)
    - chinese tea

    Total RM91

  9. #954
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Its been a long long time Esquire Kitchen is mentioned. Turn the clock back to the mid 80's..their "set lunch" or set dinner was RM6. Fast Forward to few years ago, ate there..for 2 pax (Dinner with buddy)...some captain recommendations (told her within affordability and reasonable for 2).. RM60+ bill.... Jaw dropppppped!

  10. #955
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615

    Homemade pineapple puffs >>

    Good enough for a few days' breakfast.

    Before baking


    Ready to eat
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  11. #956
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by jan tomaswaki View Post
    Last Sat had lunch in Nirvana for the first after hearing good recomendations,for 2 pax banana leaf rice with 2 fried tengiri ,1 small plate of masala chicken 2 soft drinks cost me RM46.Damn expensive even more expensive than Raju.

    From now on we have to recondition our mind. We have to add a zero to all prices. This is called progress.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  12. #957
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
    Good enough for a few days' breakfast.

    Before baking....

    Ready to eat
    ...
    It is good to make your own pastries. Like .
    有才而性缓定属大才,有智而气和斯为大智.

  13. #958
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich View Post
    We went to MBO subang parade on Sat to watch the mission impossible-rogue nation... and then dinner at Esquire Kitchen.

    - one large size sambal prawns
    - one standard size signature taufu
    - one regular size kung pao chicken (宫保鸡丁)
    - chinese tea

    Total RM91
    You didn't order their signature Tung Poh meat? I always order this item whenever I eat there.

    Having said that, the taste and texture still cannot compare with the same thing in Shanghai and Hangzhou. The meat literally melts in your mouth. This is the real McCoy.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  14. #959
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by HTCHONG View Post
    It is good to make your own pastries. Like .
    My wife is the baker. I only know how to eat.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  15. #960
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
    You didn't order their signature Tung Poh meat? I always order this item whenever I eat there.

    Having said that, the taste and texture still cannot compare with the same thing in Shanghai and Hangzhou. The meat literally melts in your mouth. This is the real McCoy.
    Me and my kid do not like fatty meat although my wife is ok with the tung poh meat.

    So, 2 against 1 and we won...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •