Accounting Qualification : ACCA or ICAEW ?
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Accounting Qualification : ACCA or ICAEW ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Selangor
    Posts
    38

    Accounting Qualification : ACCA or ICAEW ?

    ACCA or ICAEW ( Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales )

    Visited a private college in Sunway yesterday to inquire accounting courses.
    We were inform to select one from 2 above, which we are lack of information to make decision.
    Feedback we received so far is the latter is tougher and popular in Europe.
    Any body any input, advise and comment.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Please allow me to tumpang your thread.

    If one of you know this subject, please also enlighten me on the difference of CPA & CA.

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    163
    I am not sure about current requirements. 20 years ago, ACA (ICAEW) requires the trainee to work in an accredited accounting firm whose partners are also ACA and study at the same time and there is a time bar for exams. ACCA was more relaxed and there is no time bar. So, ACA is highly regarded in comparison.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UEP Subang Jaya
    Posts
    5,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Please allow me to tumpang your thread.

    If one of you know this subject, please also enlighten me on the difference of CPA & CA.

    Thanks
    My understanding CPA is a qualification from Ozzie while CA is Chartered Accountant and PA Public Accountant. Dont recall what the difference between CA and PA.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Putra heights
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by fRaNkY View Post
    My understanding CPA is a qualification from Ozzie while CA is Chartered Accountant and PA Public Accountant. Dont recall what the difference between CA and PA.
    You are correct,my nephew had a Aussie CPA while Chartered Acc. Is a new name for Public Acc.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by fRaNkY View Post
    My understanding CPA is a qualification from Ozzie while CA is Chartered Accountant and PA Public Accountant. Dont recall what the difference between CA and PA.
    OK, I am not sure too, thanks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    163
    Does not matter what abbreviations, as long as they know how to reduce your tax payable LEGALLY, that is the accountant that you want !!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UEP Subang Jaya
    Posts
    5,867
    Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    Does not matter what abbreviations, as long as they know how to reduce your tax payable LEGALLY, that is the accountant that you want !!!
    These people dont do your tax. What you need is a Tax advisor/ Tax Consultant from Malaysia Institute of Taxation, specialise in Malaysia Tax

    There use to be Taxation Law for ACCA , Malaysia Tax variant.... else u get UK variant

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by fRaNkY View Post
    These people dont do your tax. What you need is a Tax advisor/ Tax Consultant from Malaysia Institute of Taxation, specialise in Malaysia Tax

    There use to be Taxation Law for ACCA , Malaysia Tax variant.... else u get UK variant
    Good point , so can you recommend a really good one ?
    As one grows older, one has to eat healthier. So, add more vegetables into the mix

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •