Solar Electricity Panels
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: Solar Electricity Panels

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130

    Solar Electricity Panels

    Solar Electricity Panels

    The cost of electricity will get worst before it gets better.

    With the ever-increasing electricity bills, maybe some of us need to look into Solar Energy.

    Solar offers huge electricity cost savings feeding power back into the electricity grid.

    Solar Panels are the most effective way of cutting your power bills now and protecting yourself against further power price rises

    The benefits of installing a Solar Home Energy System to your home are many.

    By turning to the sun to make your power for free, you are protecting your family or business from the rising cost of electricity.

    You can also have peace of mind knowing you are helping protect our precious environment, by powering your home by a clean energy source.

    This saves tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions, greatly reducing your carbon footprint.

    A solar energy system also adds value to your home or business, as a property shielded by rising power costs is going to be much more attractive to buyers.

    Systems typically pay for themselves in around 5 to 7 years

    Returns on investment of 15- 20% per year

    Slash your electricity bills by up to 75%

    Do any of you know what is the cost to install solar panels in Malaysia?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    You can find out here: www.greeninnotech.com.my

    You can't generate and use but must sell to TNB who will pay you. ROI, I heard, is seven years.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Do any of you know what is the cost to install solar panels in Malaysia?
    Solar panel is a very welcoming idea as alternative source of energy but I don't see anyone around here, i.e residential homes implementing them without need to subscribe to TNB.
    Few have done it but at high cost. http://www.thestar.com.my/story/?fil...f11800272&sec=
    I really wish I could do that..better still if the cost outlay is within affordability. Please do not view me as wanting everything FOC, If solar panel have the potential that will substantially reduce my monthly TNB bill, it would be very interesting.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Putra heights
    Posts
    3,676
    I try to be as green as possible until i wanted to install one in my house. RM70K-120K is the price.Technically i don't know much but sometimes you can see them display in Home Fair.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
    You can find out here: www.greeninnotech.com.my

    You can't generate and use but must sell to TNB who will pay you. ROI, I heard, is seven years.
    Thanks.....I do not know why you can't use it yourself and sell any surplus back to TNB.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    Solar panel is a very welcoming idea as alternative source of energy but I don't see anyone around here, i.e residential homes implementing them without need to subscribe to TNB.
    Few have done it but at high cost. http://www.thestar.com.my/story/?fil...f11800272&sec=
    I really wish I could do that..better still if the cost outlay is within affordability. Please do not view me as wanting everything FOC, If solar panel have the potential that will substantially reduce my monthly TNB bill, it would be very interesting.
    Hehehehehe, no lah, not free, I know you are not like that!

    As of now, I am more interested in residential homes and I think a small one say 5KW is useful and may not be expensive in Boleh

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by jan tomaswaki View Post
    I try to be as green as possible until i wanted to install one in my house. RM70K-120K is the price.Technically i don't know much but sometimes you can see them display in Home Fair.
    Thanks....for a $70K....how big in KW and similarly how many KW for $120k

    Yes, I am talking about residential homes

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Thanks.....I do not know why you can't use it yourself and sell any surplus back to TNB.
    Because power distribution is TNB's monopoly. So if you install the fit-in-tariff you have, in effect, become an IPP. The house opposite to mine have just installed the system.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Putra heights
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
    Because power distribution is TNB's monopoly. So if you install the fit-in-tariff you have, in effect, become an IPP. The house opposite to mine have just installed the system.
    i think there's one in USJ11 just opp.MPSJ padang.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
    Because power distribution is TNB's monopoly. So if you install the fit-in-tariff you have, in effect, become an IPP. The house opposite to mine have just installed the system.
    So in IPP, you can use the solar power & balance sell back to TNB?

    What is the current tariff rates?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    So in IPP, you can use the solar power & balance sell back to TNB?

    What is the current tariff rates?
    No you can't. Separate metering for supply to TNB. They will pay you. Your consumption will be billed as usual. No contra of account.

    I don't know what are the actual rates or if there are still any quotas left. Anyway, people who signed up early get a higher rate.

    If you are interested you can get more details from the company in the link. They are just one of the installers.There are several more. Your investment will be the outlay for installing the system.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
    No you can't. Separate metering for supply to TNB. They will pay you. Your consumption will be billed as usual. No contra of account.

    I don't know what are the actual rates or if there are still any quotas left. Anyway, people who signed up early get a higher rate.

    If you are interested you can get more details from the company in the link. They are just one of the installers.There are several more. Your investment will be the outlay for installing the system.
    Thanks.

    It would be good to know what TNB charges you per unit & what you get back per unit from your investment.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Putra heights
    Posts
    3,676
    From contractors caculation you get back around RM300-400 per month.The type of brand also need to think of like those made in Indonesia or China have shorter life span abt 15-20 yrs compare to German type 25 yrs min.What about wear and tear like dust around your area that with cover your solar panels.If ppl really be environmental friendly ,you can do alot of things beside the solar panels.You can walk or cycle,plant your own vege like spring onions,chili padi etc..collect water from gutter,bring your shopping bag or back pack wherever you go,bring your tiffin carrier ,etc...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    USJ 12
    Posts
    4,478
    My next door neighbour owns a end lot and was quoted RM 45,000 to install the system. In the contract, TNB offers to purchase back the electricity at RM 1 per kilowatt and the price is fixed for the next 30 years. You are not allow to consume the electricity generated. He is assured of a passive income of RM400 per month. After giving some thoughts, he decided not to go ahead. Although end financing is being arranged, he found out that it was not viable. The highest tariff for residential consumption is 0.57 sen per kilowatt and everybody knows that is rate is not going to stay put for the next 30 years. In fact I won't be surprise if it hits RM1 in 10 years time. If it does that, then TNB will be laughing all the way to the bank. His current solar panels will be less efficient as time progresses and he has to bear the maintenance cost. And not everyday is a sunny day. Lastly, he also realised that it doesn't add any value to the house. In fact, not everyone wants to embark in this business and therefore, he may find that it can be a hinderance when he puts his property for sale. Compared to what he was quoted 3 years ago, the cost of solar panel have come down by 30%. Future models are expected to be more efficient.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by jan tomaswaki View Post
    From contractors caculation you get back around RM300-400 per month.The type of brand also need to think of like those made in Indonesia or China have shorter life span abt 15-20 yrs compare to German type 25 yrs min.What about wear and tear like dust around your area that with cover your solar panels.If ppl really be environmental friendly ,you can do alot of things beside the solar panels.You can walk or cycle,plant your own vege like spring onions,chili padi etc..collect water from gutter,bring your shopping bag or back pack wherever you go,bring your tiffin carrier ,etc...
    The way I understand it, if there is too much dust on the panels, all you need to do is to hose it down with water.

    But in Malaysia, it's rain buckets most time so no problem

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •