Is the track for Station 7 properly aligned?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Is the track for Station 7 properly aligned?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    eTiara Serviced Apartments
    Posts
    2,145

    Is the track for Station 7 properly aligned?

    Is the track for Station 7 near Subang Perdana Goodyear Court 1 and 2 properly aligned?


    Mastering modern technology is easy; even a Neanderthal can do it... Besitai 2012

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Selangor
    Posts
    98
    I really don't know. I think we need trained professional/expert to comment on such construction.

    I noticed you like to raise questions on the safety/integrity of construction projects. There are many such examples, here is one of them..

    Quote Originally Posted by besitai2007 View Post
    ..... there are still issues about sinking runway and aprons, use of plywood base...can you blame us for being skeptical about the safety standards of KLIA2.
    Just curious.. It has been five months now, is there any safety incident from KLIA2 reported since you posted your above comment on May 2014 ?


    You also commented some time ago with colorful language that the CEO of the biggest company in this country is leaving !!

    Quote Originally Posted by besitai2007 View Post
    He is on the way out. If he is still in he will sing praises and have honey flowing from his lips. .
    Well, the CEO is still there doing his job !!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by besitai2007 View Post
    Is the track for Station 7 near Subang Perdana Goodyear Court 1 and 2 properly aligned?


    It's not finished yet

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    eTiara Serviced Apartments
    Posts
    2,145
    Corinthia, Is it wrong to raise such issues? I am concerned because I live near this stretch of road and will eventually use the LRT. Raising such issues is to share and avoid mishaps. That particular contractor caused three mishaps already and that caused me to have little confidence on its work. FYI a large crane positioned below that stretch was too close to the main flow of traffic. I was a few meters from it when it swung its arm over the top of my car. I sat there helpless and I wonder how you wouldfeel ifyou were in my place.

    You can raise this issue about my postings with Mr Chang and have the posts deleted.
    Mastering modern technology is easy; even a Neanderthal can do it... Besitai 2012

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Selangor
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by besitai2007 View Post
    Corinthia, Is it wrong to raise such issues? I am concerned because I live near this stretch of road and will eventually use the LRT..
    Besitai2007, (Fyi, I check, recheck and recheck again to make sure I get the spelling of your nick correct to avoid myself into any trouble)
    Did I say it is wrong ? You are entitled to what you deem fit to ask..


    Quote Originally Posted by besitai2007 View Post
    Raising such issues is to share and avoid mishaps...
    Hmm.... it seems like you have high expectation of what this forum can do. I hope you achieve what you expect to achieve by raising them in this forum.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Selangor
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by besitai2007 View Post
    . FYI a large crane positioned below that stretch was too close to the main flow of traffic. I was a few meters from it when it swung its arm over the top of my car. I sat there helpless and I wonder how you would feel if you were in my place...
    Maybe you can also think what will other feel when you were in his place…


    Someone made a typo error of your name and you raised a question to him…

    22-05-2014, 8.15am
    Quote Originally Posted by besitai2007 View Post
    Rhiga, I hope it is a typo but you called me "bestial". You are entitled to your opinion as I to mine but name calling is a no no...
    He replied with an apology immediately.

    22-05-2014, 8.27am
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiga View Post
    I won't write a lengthy comment to reply if my intention is "name calling"... It is a typo error, my apologizes
    However, you were not satisfied with the apology and then wrote an open message to the Mod and got him ban. Of course, you are entitled of what you wanted to do.

    Why not you spare a moment to think how he feels ??

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    KelanaJaya
    Posts
    498
    Random ramblings -- when trolls get ignored they normally retreat under the bridge and play with themselves :-) .. same applies to toddlers who throw tantrums.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Selangor
    Posts
    98
    I think someone see this as an opportunity to start ramblings and throwing tantrums because he did not get what he asked for few days ago.....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    6,964
    Corinthia

    or Rhiga, you never learn do you? Or perhaps it is difficult to change one's habits

    As we had clarified many many times in the past, we should respect the other person's opinions.
    If besitai2007 sounded overly concerned with the concrete box beams, you need not question whether he is an expert in that construction process...would it not suffice to say that perhaps the beams were in the process of being joined? We know you are an engineer by training but why must you get so peeved if a layman get worried over construction or design details? It is only an opportunity for you as an engineer to explain but not the time to bring out the cane. Anyway why is it necessary to line up all besitai2007's previous comments?

    Then you also hit at tesdniMa.

    Basically, our old faithful forum members have decided to stay away because of all these self-appointed moderators.

    The forum will no longer allow for anyone to find faults with another person's posts. I hope that the old members come back knowing that I will now simply ban people who take up positions to hit at other members.

    And by the way, the reporting icon don't send messages to me and I had not been able to correct it. I suggest complaints be sent to me by PM so I get notified. Thank you to members for helping to keep an eye for troublemakers

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Corinthia View Post
    I really don't know. I think we need trained professional/expert to comment on such construction.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwchang View Post
    Corinthia

    or Rhiga, you never learn do you? Or perhaps it is difficult to change one's habits

    As we had clarified many many times in the past, we should respect the other person's opinions.
    If besitai2007 sounded overly concerned with the concrete box beams, you need not question whether he is an expert in that construction process...would it not suffice to say that perhaps the beams were in the process of being joined? We know you are an engineer by training but why must you get so peeved if a layman get worried over construction or design details? It is only an opportunity for you as an engineer to explain but not the time to bring out the cane.
    kwchang, I think you never change, you just want to pick on him. I guess it is difficult to change one's bad habits..

    Corinthia said " I really don't know" and "I think we need trained professional/expert to comment on such construction"

    I believe this is clear enough that he admitted he has no answer for the question and he think trained professional/expert should be the one who comment on the question, not him.

    What is so wrong when someone said he did not know the answer ??

    Then you talk about being an engineer. I believe any layman will know engineer don't know and wouldn't know everything and only know the specialized area that they are trained for.

    Why you want to generalize an engineer should know about safety/structural integrity of construction ??

    All these engineers don't have a clue on the safety/structural integrity of construction..
    electronic engineer, software engineer, chemical engineer, petroleum engineer, mining engineer, aeronautical engineer, etc.........

    You really enjoy banned him and then put words into his mouth, right ?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USJ2
    Posts
    831
    Drama aside...

    It's freaking scary when travelling beneath all these construction area...
    During the weekend... seem like the few tons of concrete is hold on just by a few metal bars... in USJ1/USJ2 Traffic light Summit junction... (sorry no picture...)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Local culture is "if you can get away with it, good!..semua ok"... thats how things work around here, Safety only serve as words or formality on some notice board, everything else is secondary or non existent. Maybe "Safety First" isn't in the vocabulary. If safety first is most important, just ask around how many household got fire extinguisher in the kitchen as permanent feature? As if that thing cost thousands?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by aursong View Post
    Drama aside...

    It's freaking scary when travelling beneath all these construction area...
    During the weekend... seem like the few tons of concrete is hold on just by a few metal bars... in USJ1/USJ2 Traffic light Summit junction... (sorry no picture...)
    It is even more scary if you have to stop near or under the construction work due to the traffic jam. Wrong place and wrong time .......Wham!
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
    It is even more scary if you have to stop near or under the construction work due to the traffic jam. Wrong place and wrong time .......Wham!
    When this place is beset with 4th world work culture its all with increased risk factor. Not only wrong time or wrong place, maybe that apply to fate and destiny..your time is up!
    Unsure or hearsay, but I read that in Bangladesh, buildings and homes are built so haphazardly that it can collapse anytime. Cheap or cost cutting measures is one thing but this is no excuse for compromising safety and increase risk factor by any percentage. Roof collapse, bridge collapse, all have happened here.. point fingers at who?...if nothing happened...semua ok mah? Then gloat it was built to world class standards..
    For me I believe the 7 wonders of the world are a testimony to real world class standard..like the Egyptian pyramids... nevermind the slavery matter.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Building this LRT is child's play. Wait till they build the super duper nuclear power plant.

    Btw, those pyramids were allegedly build by aliens.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •