GST and you. - Page 6
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 671

Thread: GST and you.

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    I wish I could be laughing. Just received an email notice from one large online electronics parts vendor.. KENA 6% GST on all orders... simple isn't it? Never mind that..everytime I seem to want to order something for my own purposes, EVERYTIME THE PRICE have increased. If I draw a simple graph.. the price shoot up 45deg since 10, 15 years ago.. not one jagged step..straight and smooth upwards. How nice!

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    I wish I could be laughing. Just received an email notice from one large online electronics parts vendor.. KENA 6% GST on all orders... simple isn't it? Never mind that..everytime I seem to want to order something for my own purposes, EVERYTIME THE PRICE have increased. If I draw a simple graph.. the price shoot up 45deg since 10, 15 years ago.. not one jagged step..straight and smooth upwards. How nice!
    Order from overseas that do not have GST

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    682
    Order from overseas also got GST. Import cost + import duty are subject to GST.
    U won't miss what U don't know and U won't know what U are missing!

  4. #79
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
    Order from overseas also got GST. Import cost + import duty are subject to GST.
    Wah, so different from here.

    Here businesses are crying foul because anything you buy On-Line is cheaper & not subjected to GST.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
    Order from overseas also got GST. Import cost + import duty are subject to GST.

    Nope you only pay import duty. For Malaysian Customs to collect GST someone must issue you a tax invoice to charge you the 6% GST. For example, is Amazon.com going to charge you the 6% and remit to Malaysian Customs? Even if it says Tax Invoice on the top the GST column is blank.

    Buying online locally, if the seller is based here, is different. You will still have to pay GST.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Nevermind..lets see how we're all affected and what price to pay come this April thereon. Compare notes then?

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    2,602
    Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    That is why they got married yesterday before Apr 1st
    So is she a "goods" or "services"?

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by cskok8 View Post
    So is she a "goods" or "services"?
    Good question but any "answer" will surely get a free banana from kwchang haha

  9. #84
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    A husband goes home & says to his wife.

    "Do u know what GST stands for?'

    She said "No"

    He said " It means Good Sex Tonite"

    She said "Really?"

    He said "Yeah what are my chances?"

    She said " About 6%"

    laugh: heheheh:
    After the session:-

    He asked:- "How was my performance?"

    She:- "6%"

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Bought some pastries yesterday for dinner.
    Asked cashier. Next month got GST?... you just add 6% over current retail price?... Yah!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    4,642
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    Agreed..tiny time businesses, street peddlers, hawkers or fly by night sales or one man show aren't likely registered for GST collection, so I presume its business as usual.
    Its only established businesses (a lot if think of)with proper POS or legit receipts are going to show GST.
    If they don't charge you that GST, then they cannot claim back the GST paid for their items purchased. Like a tap from a plumber, a lawn mower, Tin of Gas and etc. SO will these street paddlers know how to fill in a GST refund form? Best, do they know how to fill in that application form and keep proper account?

    To reach that RM500,000 annual gross income means RM 1,603.00 per day for 26 days in 12 months. So grass cutting at RM200 for a large lawn, they only need to do 8 houses a day. to hit that.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    4,642
    Just great!!!my regular drug supplier says come April, I got to pay GST on my daily doses

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Just great!!!my regular drug supplier says come April, I got to pay GST on my daily doses
    So sorry to hear that.. how unfortunate many can be in a fix when this GST kicks in...unfortunate Malaysia. Already medical treatment, surgery and medicine are at sky high cost.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    So sorry to hear that.. how unfortunate many can be in a fix when this GST kicks in...unfortunate Malaysia. Already medical treatment, surgery and medicine are at sky high cost.
    But the quality is very much below as compare to the little dot

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If they don't charge you that GST, then they cannot claim back the GST paid for their items purchased. Like a tap from a plumber, a lawn mower, Tin of Gas and etc. SO will these street paddlers know how to fill in a GST refund form? Best, do they know how to fill in that application form and keep proper account?

    To reach that RM500,000 annual gross income means RM 1,603.00 per day for 26 days in 12 months. So grass cutting at RM200 for a large lawn, they only need to do 8 houses a day. to hit that.
    If you can make RM500K per annum just by cutting lawn, I also want to quit my day job and start cutting lawn (at least that will be 4X more than my current pay and I get a lot of exercise to boot) !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •