Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 87

Thread: Public perception on USJ

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
    I quite like The Olives in SS 16/1. The current market price is around RM510 per sq ft. Wait and see lah.
    Olive.. it has changed hands before.

    I think the 1st name was Jana Tower.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    Put it this way lah..all in all, the NEXT generation or your offspring is finding it very difficult to own a terrace 22 X 70 home because of outrageous prices. Those, and I believe nearly all here already own a home bought decades ago at price within affordability and considered very lucky the search or phase is over. Next generation are going to hutang for life just to own a decent home here. They just have to earn more, no doubt to that..its like its ordained and your 1gahmen can do NOTHING much except offer chicken coops to just the lucky ones able to acquire it.
    Decades ago USD1.00 = RM2.50.

    Relative to income, it was still affordable in 2008 and 2009 but many people prefer to hang on to their paper money. Prices only sky-rocketed from late 2009 until recently. I think it reach peak already and staying there insofar as choice locations such as SJ/USJ and Ara Damansara.

    What goes up can also come down.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiga View Post
    Olive.. it has changed hands before.. I remember the 1st name was Jana Tower.
    I see many empty units as I drive pass. Probably speculators own.

    My guess is the launch price could be around RM300+ per sq ft. So, it is not that profitable, if they can sell it, what with the cooling measures imposed by banks and the current Budget.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Putra heights
    Posts
    3,675
    i have a unit in USJ 1 Park ,two yrs ago i bought at RM424K ,now selling at RM600K ,i need to wait another round of price surge before i let go.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by jan tomaswaki View Post
    i have a unit in USJ 1 Park ,two yrs ago i bought at RM424K ,now selling at RM600K ,i need to wait another round of price surge before i let go.
    Is that the one behind Summit and facing the KESAS?
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,468
    Quote Originally Posted by jan tomaswaki View Post
    i have a unit in USJ 1 Park ,two yrs ago i bought at RM424K ,now selling at RM600K ,i need to wait another round of price surge before i let go.
    Jan, just curious..

    If you let go at 600k now, any net profit after deducting all expenses for the buying and selling.. ?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USJ9
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    Put it this way lah..all in all, the NEXT generation or your offspring is finding it very difficult to own a terrace 22 X 70 home because of outrageous prices. Those, and I believe nearly all here already own a home bought decades ago at price within affordability and considered very lucky the search or phase is over. Next generation are going to hutang for life just to own a decent home here. They just have to earn more, no doubt to that..its like its ordained and your 1gahmen can do NOTHING much except offer chicken coops to just the lucky ones able to acquire it.
    yep... I keep on telling my kids ... the we are staying was bought @ 143888 , that was after we had to sold off the iswara.. to gather enough DP... and with the skyrocketting price... doubt that my kids wil be staying near their parents.....

    maybe had to move elsewhere????

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by shamburke View Post
    yep... I keep on telling my kids ... the we are staying was bought @ 143888 , that was after we had to sold off the iswara.. to gather enough DP... and with the skyrocketting price... doubt that my kids wil be staying near their parents.....

    maybe had to move elsewhere????

    This amount can now buy you only a Honda CRV.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    You bought 150k...now they have to see like 800k... HOW????? where money come from?... hutang for life?...thats the predicament....nope....HUGE HUGE hutang..and thats just a home!..not counting COL...
    I see the problem in reality cos I now have a son and DIL who face this very predicament. Ok..they're earning reasonably well to get by...but to face a property worth 800k at current prices...NO WAY!..Bank won't even loan you HALF that!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,468
    I have a Malaysian colleague who was posted to Singapore also and he is at a higher job grade than me. He bought a bungalow at SS19 around RM410k in 1998. I visited his house before, it is a single storey bungalow with HUGE empty land. The area is serene and quiet, there is a slope to climb before reaching his house, it is nice...

    He is the one who inspired me about buying big ticket item with minimum borrowing. I should thank him as this was a rare approach compare to majority…

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USJ9
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
    This amount can now buy you only a Honda CRV.
    yep... live in a car .. huhuhuhuh....

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USJ9
    Posts
    233

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    You bought 150k...now they have to see like 800k... HOW????? where money come from?... hutang for life?...thats the predicament....nope....HUGE HUGE hutang..and thats just a home!..not counting COL...
    I see the problem in reality cos I now have a son and DIL who face this very predicament. Ok..they're earning reasonably well to get by...but to face a property worth 800k at current prices...NO WAY!..Bank won't even loan you HALF that!
    with the new ruling of BNM ... you sometimes wonder... what to the really want.. tightening the spendng, but asking bank to be stingy in giving out loans... especially those with CCris record... but if first timer w out any loan previously also hard in getting loan....

    but one thing i like about staying in USJ is...
    1. we got everything, shopping complexes..
    2. cinemas .. you name it, TGV, GSC, MBO, now Premium X
    3. branded outlets
    4. numerous food outlets,
    5. abundance of ATMs
    6. petrol stations
    7. playing fields for kids and ol people like me.. hahahah
    8. friends
    9. 6 lane roads
    10. masjids and suraus ...
    11. and mostly... my mom staying in USJ as well... heheheeheh

    so i just LOVE USJ!!!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    581
    This is what me and my USJ friends always say......USJ is the centre of the universe!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    Well, USJ was built to be a"self-contained township" from Day 1 ... as a result, I only need to travel outside USJ when I have to deal with the Govt (Shah Alam or Putrajaya) and one a year to KL to visit Zoo Negara

    Quote Originally Posted by shamburke View Post
    with the new ruling of BNM ... you sometimes wonder... what to the really want.. tightening the spendng, but asking bank to be stingy in giving out loans... especially those with CCris record... but if first timer w out any loan previously also hard in getting loan....

    but one thing i like about staying in USJ is...
    1. we got everything, shopping complexes..
    2. cinemas .. you name it, TGV, GSC, MBO, now Premium X
    3. branded outlets
    4. numerous food outlets,
    5. abundance of ATMs
    6. petrol stations
    7. playing fields for kids and ol people like me.. hahahah
    8. friends
    9. 6 lane roads
    10. masjids and suraus ...
    11. and mostly... my mom staying in USJ as well... heheheeheh

    so i just LOVE USJ!!!
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by shamburke View Post
    yep... live in a car .. huhuhuhuh....
    It may happen if property prices keep sky-rocketing. Like in the USA where there are people who buy a caravan and move around like a nomad and camp at trailer parks.

    Wasn't there a news not so long ago when it reported on a poor family living in an old Proton Saga?

    Maybe this is one business venture worth considering when the time comes ~ developing trailer parks.
    " In the land of the blind the one-eyed-jack is king."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •