LCCT close on May 9?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 125

Thread: LCCT close on May 9?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565

    LCCT close on May 9?

    There was a report that Airasia doesn't want to move yet, now somebody say LCCT will be closed. Another case of confusing the customers.

    Can somebody tell me which is confirmed date that Airasia will move to KLIA 2?

    http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Natio...puty-minister/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    4,231
    Don't know how?

    More cracks found in klia2>>>Link@MI

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    LCCT, KLIA and AirAsia - all 3 I avoid like the plague, horrible experiences that left me scarred about their services. I rather pay extra and fly Firefly from Subang for domestic and if international , go Firefly Subang to Changi and fly SIA. I have been doing so for donkey years and I can count the number of trips via KLIA using fingers in one hand ... all unavoidable when going to Sabah & Sarawak ... otherwise forget it ...
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,468
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    ...and if international , go Firefly Subang to Changi and fly SIA. I have been doing so for donkey years and I can count the number of trips via KLIA using fingers in one hand .....
    Fly to Changi for transit to long-distance destination can consume a lot of extra time.

    For 13+ hours of flying, I would want to eliminate the travelling time to Changi and the transit waiting time at Changi.

    Luggage can send straight to the destination from KLIA. There is no SIA counter at Subang Terminal and hence luggage have to be reclaimed and check-in again at Changi...

    SIA is more expensive than most European airlines that fly from KLIA like KLM, Air France and Lufthansa..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    True , I don't disagree with you except your signature (Liverpool)

    I "purposely" take a transit in Changi coz I love to "shop" in Changi ... so I always plan for a 2-3 hours stop over ... chance to look at some electronic gadgets, books, etc etc ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiga View Post
    Fly to Changi for transit to long-distance destination can consume a lot of extra time.

    For 13+ hours of flying, I would want to eliminate the travelling time to Changi and the transit waiting time at Changi.

    Luggage can send straight to the destination from KLIA. There is no SIA counter at Subang Terminal and hence luggage have to be reclaimed and check-in again at Changi...

    SIA is more expensive than most European airlines that fly from KLIA like KLM, Air France and Lufthansa..
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ 18
    Posts
    961
    It was reported that Air Asia did not want to move to KLIA2 when it opened, but would move at a later date. Perhaps to let the other budget airliners to 'test run' the new terminals... Frankly, with the passenger volumes of Air Asia, any hiccups would be disastrous....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/B...CT-wont-budge/

    Air asia won't move but without immigration officers there, can we fly overseas ?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    eTiara Serviced Apartments
    Posts
    2,145
    I am due to fly to Adelaide on 5 May. Hope there will be no disruption. Waiting to get travel advisory from Air Asia.
    Mastering modern technology is easy; even a Neanderthal can do it... Besitai 2012

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by besitai2007 View Post
    I am due to fly to Adelaide on 5 May. Hope there will be no disruption. Waiting to get travel advisory from Air Asia.
    There shouldn't be any problem on 5 May.

    There's a problem of when Airasia is going to move to KLIA2 after May 9.

    We have been waiting for KLIA2 for a very long time, delay after delay and now Airasia don't want to move ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    19,130
    Do any of you know what AirAsia Security or Airport Security look for when they used a hand-held microscope to check your passports before you are allowed into the Waiting Lounge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    eTiara Serviced Apartments
    Posts
    2,145
    Quote Originally Posted by ng View Post
    There shouldn't be any problem on 5 May.

    There's a problem of when Airasia is going to move to KLIA2 after May 9.

    We have been waiting for KLIA2 for a very long time, delay after delay and now Airasia don't want to move ?
    Thanks Ng for the assurance..but I thought the Authorities wanted Air Asia to start moving on 2 May? Air Asia refused to move because there are still issues with the integrity of the building and runway? I came back on a flight from Penang yesterday. Don't see any early preparations for the move.
    Mastering modern technology is easy; even a Neanderthal can do it... Besitai 2012

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by besitai2007 View Post
    Thanks Ng for the assurance..but I thought the Authorities wanted Air Asia to start moving on 2 May? Air Asia refused to move because there are still issues with the integrity of the building and runway? I came back on a flight from Penang yesterday. Don't see any early preparations for the move.
    Quote:" However, AirAsia and AirAsia X stood firm and said that they would still be based at the current LCCT even after May 9."

    http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/B...CT-wont-budge/

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    2,565
    Airasia should have ironed out any problems with the govt a few months before deciding not to move.

    Do the consumers need to wait many more months before Airasia finally move ?

    The KLIA2 have been delayed many times, they should have discussed all the problems during this time and not after it decided to 'open'.

    This goes to show the level of communication and coordination between them.

    KLIA2 will be almost empty because most passengers take Airasia.

    At this rate, I think KLIA2 might only be officially open in May 2015 and not May 2014
    Why must the opening date coincide with KLIA 1 ?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    Quote Originally Posted by ng View Post
    ...

    At this rate, I think KLIA2 might only be officially open in May 2015 and not May 2014
    Why must the opening date coincide with KLIA 1 ?
    Cheaper to hold one anniversary party than two per annum ?
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ 18
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    Cheaper to hold one anniversary party than two per annum ?
    Air Asia as an operator probably not confident with the new buildings with various defects. They have the rights not to move in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •