Money given to be converted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Money given to be converted

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    selangor
    Posts
    1,204

    Money given to be converted

    A group of villagers in remote Sabah, was tricked into converting to another religion by "men from Kuala Lumpur ". They were promised Rm800. and when they arrived to receive the money , they were told to put their finger print on a form and declared converted, thereafter given a packet ,when opened it was Rm100.

    These people are innocently fooled by cash. One wonder why this is happening. Today if I go to your house and search your house and found that you are using a word that belonged exclusively to me , you are wrong. And when you complained, I say that I feel threatened and you are being sensitive . So much for harmony . Whatever campaign you spent is useless if you do not respect others from your heart. Hopefully , it is only a few ultra minded individuals. We all Forgive aren't we ? for we know that they do not know what they are doing.

    p.s. The villages took the money and still go to back to their old Faith.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    2,602
    So what happened to the other RM 700?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    How old is this story?.. all the elements of sinister and very crooked event. No-one convert just by signing or fingerprinting some piece of paper in a minute or two.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    417
    I thought it is very easy to be a Muslim by merely reciting the Sahada.

    "Three honest recitations of the shahadah in Arabic is all that is required for a person to convert to Islam according to most traditional schools." (wiki)

    Nothing new, monetary inducement as a conversion tool had been used in Malaysia for a long time.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Easy no doubt, but most importantly, it depends on some individual's own desire and willingness to be a convert and a proper procedure.
    In this case, this story is not backed up by strong evidence and probably hearsay.. anyone can concoct some story to arouse suspicion and falsehood. We really don't know what happened.
    If there's evidence, why not report the case to the authorities for investigation?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Chia Hak Soon View Post
    A group of villagers in remote Sabah, was tricked into converting to another religion by "men from Kuala Lumpur ". They were promised Rm800. and when they arrived to receive the money , they were told to put their finger print on a form and declared converted, thereafter given a packet ,when opened it was Rm100.
    It is always advisable to quote your source and link back to it when posting such, saves you the hassle of identifying your source of info....unless of course, the source is you....which 'may not be' as for this story.

    Quote Originally Posted by bslee View Post
    In this case, this story is not backed up by strong evidence and probably hearsay.. anyone can concoct some story to arouse suspicion and falsehood. We really don't know what happened.
    If there's evidence, why not report the case to the authorities for investigation?
    This story was reported by Malaysian Insider this morning. Link is below.


    [The Protestant Church of Sabah church in Kampung Layung Maliau has been packed since the alleged conversion incident. – The Malaysian Insider pic, January 20, 2014.]

    Link>>>http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/m...agers-in-remot

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Thats the trouble with this land...Money can be the key to buying or exploit someone's loyalty or faith, even to the extent of conversion. This is CRIMINAL by common logic sense! If its true.
    They don't want to earn it...THEY BUY IT! CRIMINAL! When will it ever change I really don't know...now's 2014...not 1900's..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    selangor
    Posts
    1,204
    Thanks kuma for inserting the Link. My computer skills are limlted. However, just think if it the reverse , there will be uproar, protests, sedition charge threat, etc. Can we term it as a scam ? This is buying faith from some people who do not even know how to read. It is likened to trick a person to sign a blank cheque or an agreement.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    what blank check or agreement...this is like BUYING YOUR SOUL AND SALVATION or FAITH!.. CRIMINAL!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Chia Hak Soon View Post
    Thanks kuma for inserting the Link. My computer skills are limlted. However, just think if it the reverse , there will be uproar, protests, sedition charge threat, etc. Can we term it as a scam ? This is buying faith from some people who do not even know how to read. It is likened to trick a person to sign a blank cheque or an agreement.
    You're welcome

    You mention 'Scam'.....to me, this whole episode is looking kinda suspicious.....a little bit 'coincidental' in timing, Dr.Watson might deduce ......there is 'always' more than that 'that meets the eye'.....we wait for the 'follow up' story....if there will be one, that is

    Ponder this....had they received the 800 as promised.....would we be hearing of this 'story'?.....Maybe there was a 'reason' they were only given a 100

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,244
    We should refrain ourselves from fanning the flame and refrain from the small things and look at the bigger picture.

    No point venting your anger and throwing rhetoric here... if you have heard the boooos.... at the badminton stadium last night, you would know the days are numbered for some people, just be patient and it will happen.

    The straw has.... errrr the kangkung has broke the camel's back...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Rite... oscar winning wayang2 in production and coming soon to your view....
    Afterall for years at every 8pm news on TV already got macam2 wayang wayang... The worlds most political news on TV...tops of Guinness book of records..or is it..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by SiangMalam View Post
    We should refrain ourselves from fanning the flame and refrain from the small things and look at the bigger picture.
    Agreed!.....Now if we could only fathom how 'BIG' an impact, the 'BIG PICTURE' ahead would have on our simple lives ....and the 'journey' within

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,244
    I think damage is done. The rice is cooked. Economy damaged oredi... prices won't come down much... but I think if there is REFORMASI then there is hope that with USD550 billion national debt repaid and all the main unfair contracts and concessions like toll and budget revision and direct negotiated projects abolished, there is hope...

    And I think Malaysians want to see a few really big fishes in the slammer - just to feel good... and bring a closure to the sufferings...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by SiangMalam View Post
    ...there is hope that with USD550 billion national debt repaid and all the main unfair contracts and concessions like toll and budget revision and direct negotiated projects abolished, there is hope...

    And I think Malaysians want to see a few really big fishes in the slammer - just to feel good... and bring a closure to the sufferings...
    Seriously? You think so?.......Well we can only hope.....but 'that will the day'

    SM, I know you got your ears on the ground, and do have good sources but hoping on - 'big fishes in the slammer'....Nah! I say man!...this is Bolehland la .....maybe thrown back into the ocean....to reappear another day



    Maybe you might want to revisit Hishamuddin Rais: 'Malaysia Is A 3rd World Country' >>> Click Here To Watch
    Last edited by kuma; 21-01-2014 at 02:33 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •