Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Malaysia sacrifices talent for dominance of one race

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    640

    Malaysia sacrifices talent for dominance of one race

    Malaysia sacrifices talent for dominance of one race, says Kuan Yew

    http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/m...-says-kuan-yew


    LKY--you should have been Malaysia PM...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,021
    What he is saying is a fact that is indisputable. Only the ostriches would deny it. As he said not everyone has the means/qualifications to go away. There are also those who are in business and can still make good money by having partners which is all true.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,468
    We can’t do much to change, unfortunately..(even 51% of people wanted to change).

    However, there are natural changes after one generation to next generation..

    Our ancestors did/dared not speak up during their era, and we were the direct victims of the discriminated polices.

    With the bad experience and challenges, many of us will try to ensure such things won’t happen to our children and some even have an exit plan. Most of us have less children to ensure the resources are enough for them to be competitive globally..

    Apart from those who have no choice but to remain here, those who are still here likely because 1) it is too late to go elsewhere, 2)it is cheaper and easier to be here, and 3) family root

    The next geneartion would be less affected by (1) to (3) above when making their decision..

    I reckon the next generation who remain here will be subpar quality. Those who are above average will go somewhere and won’t come back.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,021
    If my children are able to I will encourage them to not come back if they get an opportunity to work overseas.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,468
    Something to share..

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The Chinese in Malaysia has again been made a bogeyman by unscrupulous politicians to advance their selfish career.

    Proud to be born a Chinese. Each and every race has their own Pride and so long as they do not infringe into others' right, I don't see any problem of them taking their own PRIDE, wonder why the apanama politicians are so taboo about this?

    Why do Chinese people work so hard to succeed in life? Here is the plain truth.

    #1. There are over 1 billion of us on this earth. We are like photostat copies of each other. You get rid of one, 5 magically appears (like ballot boxes). We acknowledge that we are not particularly 'special' and we don't ask for "special right" even though we are the minority.

    #2. We have been crawling all over this earth for far more centuries that most civilizations. Our DNA is designed for survival. Put us anywhere on earth and we will make a colony and thrive. We survive on anything around us and make the best of it. Some keep migrating but others will stay and multiply.

    #3. NOBODY cares if we succeed as individuals or not. But our families take pride in knowing we have succeeded. Yes, some will fail. We take nothing for granted. We don't expect privileges to fall on our laps. No one owes us anything.

    #4. We know we have nothing to lose if we try to succeed. Thus, we have no fear trying. We thrive on taking risks. All or nothing.

    #5. From young we are taught to count every cent. What we take for granted like money management, I have found out recently, is not something other cultures practice at home with their children. It surprised me. But truth is not all societies or cultures teach their young this set of skills because it is rude to them. Yes, most of us can count because we are forced to and the logic of money is pounded into us from the beginning of time

    #6. It is our culture to push our next generation to do better than the last. Be smarter. Be stronger. Be faster. Be more righteous. Be more pious. Be more innovative. Be more creative. Be richer. Be everything that you can be in this lifetime.

    #7. Our society judges us by our achievements...We can't stop chasing the illusive train - we are damned to a materialistic society. If you are not Chinese, consider yourself lucky!

    #8. We have been taught from young - if you have two hands, two feet, two eyes, and a mouth, what are you doing with it? People with no hands can do better than you (and the OKU artists do put us to shame)

    #9. We, Chinese also believe in giving back to save their wretched materialistic souls. Balance is needed. The more their children succeed in life, the more our parents will give back to society (not for profit) as gratitude for the good fortune bestowed on their children. Yes. That is true. And that is why our society progresses forward in all conditions.

    Nobody pities us. We accept that. No one owes us anything. We know that. But that does not stop us from making a better life. So, pardon us if we feel obliged to make a better place for ourselves in this country we call home. It is in our DNA to progress forward for a more comfortable life.

    But if history were to be our teacher, look around this globe. Every country has a Chinatown but how many government/countries are 'taken' over by the Chinese people.

    Don't be afraid of us overwhelming your majority, we are not looking to conquer. If we have moved away from China and Chinese governed countries, we are NOT looking for another country to administer. Our representatives are only there to look after our collective welfare. They are duty bound. We prefer to blend in and enjoy the fruits of our labor. We enjoy the company of like minded people of all races. After all, we are only passing through a small period in the history of time... so, use our skills and we can all progress forward together.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Its tragic the above have to be expressed or bravely spoken.
    So called Muhibbah or 1M is just another figment of imagination. I never felt it would work and everything is anything but superficial.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Formerly usj
    Posts
    2,019
    IMHO, I do at times accept this situation in msia. No matter how sad it may sound. I do think the probability of coming back diminishing with time.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,021
    For those who have left I dont think you would want to come back to work, maybe for holidays and maybe when you have retired you might want to consider coming back taking into consideration the weather, the cost of living and the fact that whatever antics the clowns can come up with , it would not affect you or your life.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    1,268
    Australia has One Nation, we have One Malaysia.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    1,268

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USJ4
    Posts
    135
    Nice....just need to change 'chinese' to 'indian'

    Its all the same except we Indians are goodly so diversified (no photocopies) and badly so not united...so sad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiga View Post
    Something to share..

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The Chinese in Malaysia has again been made a bogeyman by unscrupulous politicians to advance their selfish career.

    Proud to be born a Chinese. Each and every race has their own Pride and so long as they do not infringe into others' right, I don't see any problem of them taking their own PRIDE, wonder why the apanama politicians are so taboo about this?

    Why do Chinese people work so hard to succeed in life? Here is the plain truth.

    #1. There are over 1 billion of us on this earth. We are like photostat copies of each other. You get rid of one, 5 magically appears (like ballot boxes). We acknowledge that we are not particularly 'special' and we don't ask for "special right" even though we are the minority.

    #2. We have been crawling all over this earth for far more centuries that most civilizations. Our DNA is designed for survival. Put us anywhere on earth and we will make a colony and thrive. We survive on anything around us and make the best of it. Some keep migrating but others will stay and multiply.

    #3. NOBODY cares if we succeed as individuals or not. But our families take pride in knowing we have succeeded. Yes, some will fail. We take nothing for granted. We don't expect privileges to fall on our laps. No one owes us anything.

    #4. We know we have nothing to lose if we try to succeed. Thus, we have no fear trying. We thrive on taking risks. All or nothing.

    #5. From young we are taught to count every cent. What we take for granted like money management, I have found out recently, is not something other cultures practice at home with their children. It surprised me. But truth is not all societies or cultures teach their young this set of skills because it is rude to them. Yes, most of us can count because we are forced to and the logic of money is pounded into us from the beginning of time

    #6. It is our culture to push our next generation to do better than the last. Be smarter. Be stronger. Be faster. Be more righteous. Be more pious. Be more innovative. Be more creative. Be richer. Be everything that you can be in this lifetime.

    #7. Our society judges us by our achievements...We can't stop chasing the illusive train - we are damned to a materialistic society. If you are not Chinese, consider yourself lucky!

    #8. We have been taught from young - if you have two hands, two feet, two eyes, and a mouth, what are you doing with it? People with no hands can do better than you (and the OKU artists do put us to shame)

    #9. We, Chinese also believe in giving back to save their wretched materialistic souls. Balance is needed. The more their children succeed in life, the more our parents will give back to society (not for profit) as gratitude for the good fortune bestowed on their children. Yes. That is true. And that is why our society progresses forward in all conditions.

    Nobody pities us. We accept that. No one owes us anything. We know that. But that does not stop us from making a better life. So, pardon us if we feel obliged to make a better place for ourselves in this country we call home. It is in our DNA to progress forward for a more comfortable life.

    But if history were to be our teacher, look around this globe. Every country has a Chinatown but how many government/countries are 'taken' over by the Chinese people.

    Don't be afraid of us overwhelming your majority, we are not looking to conquer. If we have moved away from China and Chinese governed countries, we are NOT looking for another country to administer. Our representatives are only there to look after our collective welfare. They are duty bound. We prefer to blend in and enjoy the fruits of our labor. We enjoy the company of like minded people of all races. After all, we are only passing through a small period in the history of time... so, use our skills and we can all progress forward together.
    i say what i mean

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,021
    And that is the reason, the main reason why our institutions of higher learning have gone from bad to worse and they are still trying to find out the reason for the decline or just would not accept the fact that if meritocracy is not practised there will be now way that any of the local institutions will improve but they rather these institutions produce half baked graduates so that more of them can say that they have a degree which is not worth the paper it is printed on.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    usj27
    Posts
    7,688
    Quote Originally Posted by cml View Post
    And that is the reason, the main reason why our institutions of higher learning have gone from bad to worse and they are still trying to find out the reason for the decline.....
    Hmmmm.... NO THANKS to the FLIP FLOP MoE policies and past & present Ministers of Education, the rot started from the primary levels all the way up.... and now with the BAND system and PBS examless 'God only knows how to grade' system... the kids will now learn how to polish the teachers apples and learn the art of "BODEK" before they 'succeed' ....

    Decided to pull BOTH my kids out of public schools.... and hopefully at the end of their study years, they would graduate and move to greener pastures and a better life.... instead of being treated (... and sometimes threatened) like 2nd class citizens...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,468
    Quote Originally Posted by USJ27Resident View Post
    ....Decided to pull BOTH my kids out of public schools.... and hopefully at the end of their study years, they would graduate and move to greener pastures and a better life.... instead of being treated (... and sometimes threatened) like 2nd class citizens...
    In addition... They donít need to spend precious time study many subjects which are irrelevant in future.

    It is a wise choice you did it and did it earlier. I reckon parents would have little chance in the next few years to enrol their kids into this alternative school from secondary level due to imbalance in supply and demand..

    Many have started to do it right from primary level, and some even from kindergarten...!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    usj27
    Posts
    7,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiga View Post
    In addition... They don’t need to spend precious time study many subjects which are irrelevant in future.

    It is a wise choice you did it and did it earlier. I reckon parents would have little chance in the next few years to enrol their kids into this alternative school from secondary level due to imbalance in supply and demand.....!!
    So true.... when my son was in the public school... all he did was to copy work from "WORKBOOKS" that the teachers would dish out ~ observed one class and the "teacher" just sat in his seat and would occasionally lift his head and 'explain' the works/problems to any student that would approach the teacher.... mind you, most of the students did not.

    Now he seems excited to go to school and learns a lot of subjects - and yes! its in English!

    If you look around USJ.... you'd find TONS of private tutors (for various subjects) and no prizes for guessing who these private tutors are. The very same "teachers*" that are suppose to be teaching in school.... Best part, some would even 'hint' about upcoming exams subjects while in tuition classes. WIN WIN situation for these private tutors... as the kids would "ACE" their exams in school and the teacher that give the tuition - would look pretty good with the 'assisted' results....

    *I have to admit that NOT ALL teachers that runs their private tuition classes, neglect their students in school.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •