SJKC Lick Hung Parents' Support Group - Part 2 - Page 121
Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1835

Thread: SJKC Lick Hung Parents' Support Group - Part 2

  1. #1801
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    3
    Went to school this morning to meet the class teacher. Was informed that next year's tuition is compulsary for all Std 6 pupils. The teacher also admit that the school is very concern over UPSR result. If you aren't happy with the school arrangement you may consider transfering your child to a different school. Pls advise. My child is in Std 5 this year.

    As a parent, I don't think its good to put our child thru such stress. Can we do something to put a Stop to all this nonsense?

  2. #1802
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UEP Subang Jaya
    Posts
    5,867
    Dont worry tuition only.

    Since yr kid already there for five years, i presume, can take the little more stress. It will make yr kid a stronger person.

    My son will be taking upsr shortly, he still hv time to play his gundams. While daughter formerly from LH, is doing well in Kuen Cheng, pt3 this year... Teaches them to manage their time. You just hv to monitor them closely.

  3. #1803
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    6,964
    Quote Originally Posted by soofiona View Post
    ...next year's tuition is compulsary for all Std 6 pupils....I don't think its good to put our child thru such stress....
    My kids 'graduated' from LH 8-10 years ago
    During their time std 6 tuition was compulsory ... so it isn't anything new. No parent complained then.
    Being banana parents, our kids were already attending tuition classes outside the school because we couldn't teach them ourselves as we can't read Chinese
    Our kids didn't complain either as all their friends were also doing the same thing
    My daughter actually liked tuition classes because she made so many friends...
    And at the end of the exams, they had better scores than we expected
    Take note that my kids weren't brilliant - they were usually in the bottom 20% of the class and even the bottom half of their year.

  4. #1804
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by kwchang View Post
    My kids 'graduated' from LH 8-10 years ago
    During their time std 6 tuition was compulsory ... so it isn't anything new. No parent complained then.
    Being banana parents, our kids were already attending tuition classes outside the school because we couldn't teach them ourselves as we can't read Chinese
    Our kids didn't complain either as all their friends were also doing the same thing
    My daughter actually liked tuition classes because she made so many friends...
    And at the end of the exams, they had better scores than we expected
    Take note that my kids weren't brilliant - they were usually in the bottom 20% of the class and even the bottom half of their year.
    Thanks for your advise. What I don't understand is WHY are the students being force to attend tuition classes. Cosz, the teacher told me that students who didn't attend tuition were being called up by the assistant HM recently. And if I don't sent my child for tuition in school next year, she will face some unforeseen situation (remark by the class teacher herself). And the class teacher also suggested that I should transfer my child to a different school instead. Aren't they running from problem instead of solving them!!! Is this how they resolve problems.

  5. #1805
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    You won't get the answer from here because most parents, past and present are the typical malaysian, they think children should spend more time in studies irrespective of whether tuition helps and necessary for their kids.

    You have to honestly ask yourself whether the school tuition is helpful to your kid's studies. If answer is yes then the compulsory tuition is good news to you.

    If you honestly think your child doesn't need the extra tuition or you think academic results are not the most important part in primary level, then you are belong to a minority group of parent and be prepared to handle the challenges.

    Fyi, I belong to this minority group. My kid studied in LH last time from standard 1 to standard 4. He didn't attend any external tuition. He was consistently the top 5 students in his class. He didn't find studies difficult, maybe me and my wife are able to teach him if he needed help in any subject.

    When the school started to implement compulsory tuition, I wrote a letter to the HM and withdrew him from the tuition class. I believe he should not waste time on something that is not necessary just because everyone is doing it.

    Ultimately, I enrolled him in a different school to give him more free time to play and explore what he likes to do in his childhood. We also give him home tuition/revision based on Singapore syllabus to keep him competitive.

    Life is about choices you made.

  6. #1806
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by kwchang View Post
    My kids 'graduated' from LH 8-10 years ago
    During their time std 6 tuition was compulsory ... so it isn't anything new. No parent complained then.............

    And at the end of the exams, they had better scores than we expected. Take note that my kids weren't brilliant - they were usually in the bottom 20% of the class and even the bottom half of their year.
    How did you know no parent complained then ?

    - you were the chairperson of PTA (parents teachers association) and some kind of survey/feedback has been conducted ??
    - the HM told you ??
    - you knew each and everyone of all the parents at that time ??
    - you made up a story ???

    If I read what you said correctly, it means NO LH parents [from the parents of the top students to the parents of the bottom 1% students] complained about this compulsory tuition !! This is very strange to me..

    Let's try to understand what is the meaning of tuition..

    From the Oxford online dictionary.
    tuition : the act of teaching something, especially to one person or to people in small groups

    From Merriam Webster online dictionary
    tuition : teaching that is done especially for a single person or small group

    It seemed tuition has a new meaning and different objective in LH and the parents of LH during that time..

  7. #1807
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by fRaNkY View Post
    Dont worry tuition only.

    Since yr kid already there for five years, i presume, can take the little more stress. It will make yr kid a stronger person.

    My son will be taking upsr shortly, he still hv time to play his gundams. While daughter formerly from LH, is doing well in Kuen Cheng, pt3 this year... Teaches them to manage their time. You just hv to monitor them closely.
    Absolutely right, teach them to manage time and build self-confidence and self-responsibility in handling their own chores..

  8. #1808
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USJ 23
    Posts
    74
    Any parent know what should be wore for this coming Thursday during Scout co-cu? Teacher said in complete set of scout uniform.. Any idea what does it mean by complete set? short blue school pants? How about shoe? black shoe or white shoe?

  9. #1809
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    I know I have said that I will not participate in this forum anymore.

    But I have ONE LAST FINAL MESSAGE for all the children of the UPSR 2015 cohort.

    Kids, (i.e. parents)

    In the last 10 days before the actual UPSR on 8-10th September, the MOST EFFECTIVE REVISION that you can do now without panicking or going crazy is TO REVIEW ALL THE MISTAKES that you have done in the school exam papers and past year exam papers practice for this year.

    If you go through the mistakes that you have done, understand why you got them wrong, understand the correct answers and make sure you try your best to do them well in UPSR, you will do well.

    Do not have to go crazy and study 24 hours all over again. It is too late and will cause more harm than good.

    I am saying this now because I know some parents, teachers and school are planning "crash courses" - IMHO, unless it is soalan bocor, it will not be as effective as the children understanding their individual weaknesses and then know how to correct them. Different children make different mistakes, so now is the good time to do a final review leading up to the exams. It will help to keep them sharp without going overboard !!

    Finally, I will end by saying GOOD LUCK AND I AM HAPPY TO KNOW ALL OF YOU !!
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  10. #1810
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Good luck and all the best to the standard six students.

  11. #1811
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Putra heights
    Posts
    3,676
    Just passing by Wawasan school and SJJK Tan Cheng Lock had been awarded Sekolah Kluster.What is LH now ?

  12. #1812
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by jan tomaswaki View Post
    Just passing by Wawasan school and SJJK Tan Cheng Lock had been awarded Sekolah Kluster.What is LH now ?
    I feel sorry for the students and parents in TCL, I really do. (Also the good teachers who enjoy teaching)

    A good school just fell into the black hole of sucking all the teachers time to meet poorly designed KPIs and tons of paperwork to maintain the status, that in my view will only give the parents and teachers a fake sense of honor and nothing else (it will not add points to students who need to enroll in secondary school, Those LH teachers claimed that good secondary schools will que up for LH students is a lie). Some of the people may benefit from the extra funding, but in reality it's a net lost to majority of the students. look at LH, the best example of a good school gone bad.

    LH is lucky because the parents acted and get rid of the biggest problem that plagued the school for many years. The New HM hopefully will focus on "education". with good education "good result" is almost guaranteed.

  13. #1813
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USJ 20
    Posts
    60
    Yes, the HM in good school like LH should not asked the teachers to scarify their time just to maintain their Sekolah Kluster status. Not all good and hard-working teacher will be rewarded for their efforts and they will seek to be transferred or opted for earlier retirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allswell View Post
    I feel sorry for the students and parents in TCL, I really do. (Also the good teachers who enjoy teaching)

    A good school just fell into the black hole of sucking all the teachers time to meet poorly designed KPIs and tons of paperwork to maintain the status, that in my view will only give the parents and teachers a fake sense of honor and nothing else (it will not add points to students who need to enroll in secondary school, Those LH teachers claimed that good secondary schools will que up for LH students is a lie). Some of the people may benefit from the extra funding, but in reality it's a net lost to majority of the students. look at LH, the best example of a good school gone bad.

    LH is lucky because the parents acted and get rid of the biggest problem that plagued the school for many years. The New HM hopefully will focus on "education". with good education "good result" is almost guaranteed.

  14. #1814
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    selangor
    Posts
    1
    Hi parents of lh children, im new and my child has not enrol in any sjkc yet. But id like to know how is lh teaching environment as I have heard it's a lot of homework and pressure even for std. 1 and I understand that as it has the status o high performing school. Just hope some parents can share some info if our children were stressed and had to attend tuition. And can they cope? Thanks thanks so much

  15. #1815
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    749
    2014 October Papers for Std 4 are now available at Resource Library: http://www.usj.com.my/bulletin/uploa...221#post597221

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •