Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Samsung Note II - Where Can Buy At Cheapest Price?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    923

    Samsung Note II - Where Can Buy At Cheapest Price?

    Hi. I'm planning to get the Samsung Note II. I was at Best Denki Subang Parade one time a month ago and saw the the phone/tablet selling for RM1699. When I returned two days later the price was revised to slightly above RM2k. Perhaps that was a typo? I don't know.

    Anyone seen the Note II selling anywhere near RM1699 in Subang Jaya/USJ? Will much appreciate your feedback.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,021
    Maybe you try online sellers like superbuy or ipmart. They sell samsung warrantied products. IP mart also do ap stuff which are slightly cheaper.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    420
    you can try these 2 shops.
    http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?ac...t=1943509&st=0
    http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2253918&hl=
    http://www.lelong.com.my/merchant/satugadgetdotcom.htm
    DirectD is the nearest to you and its quite reliable but be extra careful of them trying to sell you extras that you do not need like softwares for RM 50. If you buy AP sets, so far they are also reputable in honoring warranty but i would buy SME original set cause its not much difference in pricing.
    there are other sellers but I am not sure of their reputation
    http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2539664&hl=

    PM me if you need further help.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Charbroiled View Post
    Anyone seen the Note II selling anywhere near RM1699 in Subang Jaya/USJ? Will much appreciate your feedback.
    This place: http://www.lelong.com.my/samsung-gal...-05-Sale-P.htm
    The shop opens 7/week, till 11.30pm, at night got lots of people there too..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USJ 20
    Posts
    60
    Yes, you can buy online which was normally cheaper BUT need to check the spec. given, like I only discovered that some Samsung Xperia Note 2 can run on 4G but some cannot(where the price is cheaper.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charbroiled View Post
    Hi. I'm planning to get the Samsung Note II. I was at Best Denki Subang Parade one time a month ago and saw the the phone/tablet selling for RM1699. When I returned two days later the price was revised to slightly above RM2k. Perhaps that was a typo? I don't know.

    Anyone seen the Note II selling anywhere near RM1699 in Subang Jaya/USJ? Will much appreciate your feedback.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,244
    Samsung shop on 1st Floor Takashimaya, Orchard Road, Singapore. SGD449.... (w/out international warranty) - I recently (last week) bought 4 there for my Indonesian partners' wives......

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Price difference between AP (parallel import) is about Rm100. Its up to you but I think ori Samsung warranty and support will be your biggest relief IF something goes wrong. Samsung service center are located at Subang USJ19Mall or along the Federal Highway...easy!
    Personally, nowadays I won't quibble much if the difference is small, and go for the original..maybe an exception for upper range cellphones where price diff may be much larger IF or when I intend to change my phone.

    p.s. Its sometimes confusing when anyone mention Samsung Note 2 or Galaxy Note 2 or Galaxy Note 2 10.1. Have to be precise, phone or tablet? All these actually have the same features, just the size.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ex-USJ
    Posts
    3,297
    beware of some selling refurbished units as new......some times, if the price is too good, it's too good to be true.
    “If your photographs aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.” – Robert Capa

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    923
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

    As I subscribe to the "see, touch, feel, like, buy" concept , I'm looking at buying it from the Direct'd Samsung Store in Subang Jaya which Jokee/BsLee suggested. They quoted me the grey unit at RM1698. Original. Warranty 12 months by Samsung. AP unit is at RM1555 with their own warranty but it's 24 months, though. Any thoughts, anyone? Any further suggestions are most welcome.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    420
    I would recommend you to buy original. And make sure they register the warranty for you cause sometimes they have too many customers, they unintentionally left out your warranty registration.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokee View Post
    I would recommend you to buy original. And make sure they register the warranty for you cause sometimes they have too many customers, they unintentionally left out your warranty registration.
    Good. That's what I was thinking too. You can't go wrong with original purchases but I must admit I'm tempted by their offer of a 2-year warranty.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Charbroiled View Post
    Good. That's what I was thinking too. You can't go wrong with original purchases but I must admit I'm tempted by their offer of a 2-year warranty.
    Samsung phones and tablet. 12 months warranty for ori products only.
    http://www.samsung.com/my/support/wa...Information.do

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    420
    The 2 years warranty is by directd itself. only AP sets get 2 years warranty. All original SME is only 1 year warranty.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokee View Post
    The 2 years warranty is by directd itself. only AP sets get 2 years warranty. All original SME is only 1 year warranty.
    yup sorry. I wasn't clear on that. I was tempted by Directd's offer of a 2-year warranty. Haha. But better not. For complete peace of mind, ori is the best.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    pj
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Charbroiled View Post
    yup sorry. I wasn't clear on that. I was tempted by Directd's offer of a 2-year warranty. Haha. But better not. For complete peace of mind, ori is the best.
    you guys were just a bunch of cheap skate..hee...hee..the Siang Malam fellow far worst help to buy for somebody's wife and maybe get a 'cut'or something favours ....pathetic really........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •