GOODBYE CHERATING ... DAMN THE BN GOVT for its greed .... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: GOODBYE CHERATING ... DAMN THE BN GOVT for its greed ....

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MY Home
    Posts
    8,875
    I for one never been to club mad though I have been to Club Med where I was entertained by the best buffet on the Cherating beach. In addition to that, I have been to other Mat clubs and hotels though I dont fancied thier performance.
    TASK - Trust, Attitude, Skill, Knowledge - Signatures of those who believe in excellence for any task entrusted to them - Alwin Tan @ all rights reserved
    [COLOR=Navy]Let's eat 2 taste in www.facebook.com/zinglicious or let's make MY home a better place with healthy views and tasty news in www.facebook.com/zingszangs

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bo Eng View Post
    .................some people here obviously have not visited club mad.
    Ohhhhh .... the FANCY ANG-MOH place .... sorry, not my style ... I am a FRUGAL holiday type, all I need is a clean bed and beautiful beach, better save my money for GOOD LOCAL FOOD instead of hotel crap ....
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MY Home
    Posts
    8,875
    http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...555&sec=nation - The Lynas would be operating at year end.

    Meanwhile, a group of 43 NGOs calling itself Gabungan NGO Pahang Mendukung Agenda Untuk Nasional has emerged and pop out of nowhere, urged anti-Lynas groups to respect the PSC's findings, expressing its support for Government policies on the Lynas project. The group hope there will no more aggressive movements to oppose the project as it will affect the country's development,” its co-ordinator Wan Emril Nizam Wan Embong said at a press conference.

    So, looks like it is Be End of Cherating Beach trip for many.
    TASK - Trust, Attitude, Skill, Knowledge - Signatures of those who believe in excellence for any task entrusted to them - Alwin Tan @ all rights reserved
    [COLOR=Navy]Let's eat 2 taste in www.facebook.com/zinglicious or let's make MY home a better place with healthy views and tasty news in www.facebook.com/zingszangs

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    202
    My family went to Cherating as well in the last school holiday and it was great fun for my children as they saw the turtles coming onshore to lay eggs as well as letting the new hatchlings back into sea.

    I did not know that the Lynas plant was so close to Cherating Hopefully, it will not affect the already fragile eco-system there. It will be a pity if it does as Cherating is very nice indeed.

    Since, they are not going to start until end of the year, I guess there is still one more (LAST ?) chance of a visit before then

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bo Eng View Post
    .................some people here obviously have not visited club mad.

    Cherating is not about club mad..

    Club mad is for those who like to be instructed by angmo or pseudo angmo sport/fitness instructor..

    Club mad is for those who like to show off their newly purchased Nike or Reebok sport attire from sport bra to socks…

    Club mad is for those who think by mixing with angmo expatriates and their family members, their social status is upgraded…

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    85

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiga View Post
    Cherating is not about club mad..

    Club mad is for those who like to be instructed by angmo or pseudo angmo sport/fitness instructor..

    Club mad is for those who like to show off their newly purchased Nike or Reebok sport attire from sport bra to socks…

    Club mad is for those who think by mixing with angmo expatriates and their family members, their social status is upgraded
    ...not to forget those group whom has worked in western countries for orang putih a short period of time and return to boleh -land ....

    by the way ..this club is something the white folks cook up like 'time sharing' concept kind of stuff in euro land long long time ago......

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    85
    ..........

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiga View Post
    What have you smoked or injected into your vein ??

    I doubt Lynas radiation can spread so fast… but your symptom is very much like acute brain disorder !!
    I wouldnt wish my enemy to have something like that...

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by zinglicious View Post
    http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...555&sec=nation - The Lynas would be operating at year end.

    Meanwhile, a group of 43 NGOs calling itself Gabungan NGO Pahang Mendukung Agenda Untuk Nasional has emerged and pop out of nowhere, urged anti-Lynas groups to respect the PSC's findings, expressing its support for Government policies on the Lynas project. The group hope there will no more aggressive movements to oppose the project as it will affect the country's development,” its co-ordinator Wan Emril Nizam Wan Embong said at a press conference.

    So, looks like it is Be End of Cherating Beach trip for many.
    New Culture ?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    strawberry land
    Posts
    1,018
    [QUOTE=currymee;542847

    Time to look for a new holiday venue .... let's see ....[/QUOTE]

    I would say time to look for a new home. Those that stay in the state of Pahang ver high risk, those that stay in Malaysia..high risk.!!!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MY Home
    Posts
    8,875
    Is it a coincidence whereby since the Bukit Merah radioactive plant was constructed, housing prices in Ipoh remains stagnant?
    City to City - Ipoh city prices is the cheapest in the whole Malaysia, some say compare to towns like Melaka, others said Seremban too!
    TASK - Trust, Attitude, Skill, Knowledge - Signatures of those who believe in excellence for any task entrusted to them - Alwin Tan @ all rights reserved
    [COLOR=Navy]Let's eat 2 taste in www.facebook.com/zinglicious or let's make MY home a better place with healthy views and tasty news in www.facebook.com/zingszangs

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,021
    I think that cherating/teluk chempedak would be cold as water as would kuantan, sooner or later and the gambang waterpark or what ever they call it.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by zinglicious View Post
    Is it a coincidence whereby since the Bukit Merah radioactive plant was constructed, housing prices in Ipoh remains stagnant?
    City to City - Ipoh city prices is the cheapest in the whole Malaysia,
    I was told relatively new terrace homes in Ipoh are now in the 200-300k region and gradually go up anyhow. Ok place to retire actually..just ok.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MY Home
    Posts
    8,875
    Kinta river flows from Bukit Merah right down to Ipoh Old Town to New Town.

    Thank God nothing happens all these while.

    But try not to buy near Kg Simee or near the Tesco. Your window would be filled with cement dust in the morning from Tasek Cement foundry as there would be smoking at night!
    TASK - Trust, Attitude, Skill, Knowledge - Signatures of those who believe in excellence for any task entrusted to them - Alwin Tan @ all rights reserved
    [COLOR=Navy]Let's eat 2 taste in www.facebook.com/zinglicious or let's make MY home a better place with healthy views and tasty news in www.facebook.com/zingszangs

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bo Eng View Post
    I wouldnt wish my enemy to have something like that...
    Well, you are not my enemy….hence post #13 is not intended for an enemy..

    Fyi, acute brain/mental disorder has proven to be “crucial” in human civilization !!

    I was in a museum about a month ago where the whole museum is full of collections of Claude Monet, the great impressionist artist... and I doubt anyone with a brain in good order can produce such magnificent paintings..

    I believe you have heard the great “sunflowers” from Vincent Van Gogh, and you should know his mental stage during the time he produced the paintings is worse than mental disorder !!

    Just to share in case anyone does not know - the "sunflowers", a painting from a mentally disorder Dutch is worth more than the entire USJ Taipan...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •