Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 96

Thread: Problem - Carrefour

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SS19
    Posts
    4,606
    Quote Originally Posted by ungkb View Post
    Date : 2-1-2015

    Time : 4.44pm

    Location : AeonBig SJ

    Remark : A lady in long dress. Middle age. Went to the express lane with 11 items in the trolley.The express lane is limited to 10 Items only.In the end she went through after payment.
    How would you consider 10 items?

    5 packets of that dory fish, 5 bottles of Sunlight dishwash liquid and 2 kilo of potatos. 3 or 12?

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by AltV View Post
    Do you know why the lady driver refuse to move out? Sometime we need to let those "none of my business" people suffer abit.
    But those other drivers caught in the 1-hour queue behind her car have done nothing to deserve this... her fight is with the car park management - why should others suffer for it?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    How would you consider 10 items?

    5 packets of that dory fish, 5 bottles of Sunlight dishwash liquid and 2 kilo of potatos. 3 or 12?

    Count by number of items. It is confirmed.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wild2West
    Posts
    18,901
    Quote Originally Posted by ungkb View Post
    Date : 2-1-2015

    Time : 4.44pm

    Location : AeonBig SJ

    Remark : A lady in long dress. Middle age. Went to the express lane with 11 items in the trolley.The express lane is limited to 10 Items only.In the end she went through after payment.
    Aiya, maybe she does not know how to count

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,554
    I don't know if supermarkets here ever monitor or observe the performance standard of check outs. If there's a line of waiting customers all with full trolley of goods, how fast can they check out or they all have to wait very very long. If its consistently very long, its the supermarket's responsibility to look into a better and more efficient system. I thought the computerized scanning is supposed to be "fast and very efficient", but I suppose its never the case here. They do with what they have and let the customers bear the long wait, meaning they won't care much. You like to shop there?, you bear their lousy system in place. I've observed one particular supermarket chain, it takes ages to check out..doesn't matter at the main checkout cashiers or the cigarette counter. It takes ages...system inefficiency? Thats why I loath going there, cheap or no cheap sale..

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    But those other drivers caught in the 1-hour queue behind her car have done nothing to deserve this... her fight is with the car park management - why should others suffer for it?
    Here is the logic, if her problem with the car park manager is only her problem that she need to deal with it alone, then those cars queue behind her is also their own problem and they have to handle it themself, don't blame her.

    You may find the above logic hard to swallow, because its ain't something common and yet convenience for us to avoid facing our problem. Let me give you another example to explain why in actual world that we are all connected, no problem is only his or her problem, but are everybody problem.

    You know BERSIH rally right? Some may complaint that the rally cause road blocking and trouble them, they say they don't care about fair and clean election system, it is none of their business. What they don't know is that the BERSIH rally is a consequences naturally spawn by an unfair election system, so basically it is the bad election system that cause trouble, not the rallier.

    You can see from the video, everybody queue from behind only care about their own problem, that they need to go home early, that they need to go for urgent meeting, that they need to send child to school next morning, but nobody care about why she refuse to move on.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    You have your right to your view - which I disagree to - but its your opinion so I will leave it at that....

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by AltV View Post
    but nobody care about why she refuse to move on.
    Simple, I do not care about her problem because she is the cause of mine.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    Simple, I do not care about her problem because she is the cause of mine.
    Exactly, sometime we don't know why we are suffering and that is simply because we don't care.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    If its your problem, why do you cause others to suffer with you? Isn't that being selfish?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USJ2
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by AltV View Post
    Here is the logic, if her problem with the car park manager is only her problem that she need to deal with it alone, then those cars queue behind her is also their own problem and they have to handle it themself, don't blame her.

    You may find the above logic hard to swallow, because its ain't something common and yet convenience for us to avoid facing our problem. Let me give you another example to explain why in actual world that we are all connected, no problem is only his or her problem, but are everybody problem.

    You know BERSIH rally right? Some may complaint that the rally cause road blocking and trouble them, they say they don't care about fair and clean election system, it is none of their business. What they don't know is that the BERSIH rally is a consequences naturally spawn by an unfair election system, so basically it is the bad election system that cause trouble, not the rallier.

    You can see from the video, everybody queue from behind only care about their own problem, that they need to go home early, that they need to go for urgent meeting, that they need to send child to school next morning, but nobody care about why she refuse to move on.
    Is more bout majority versus minority... and the cause and consequences...

    In case of BERSIH... many people is being affected by the election system which resulted in BERSIH... while there may be some that impacted/complain bout BERSIH... but I would say there are less compare to those that attended... if it was minority (like some that ask for free education)... not much people really care as long as they restricted to a small place...

    In the case of the lady... no one when think she's unreasonable if she complaint at a side and some might even help her... the problem is she single person is causing inconvenient to bunch of peeps waiting to get home...

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    If its your problem, why do you cause others to suffer with you? Isn't that being selfish?
    You are right, am not saying the lady is doing the right thing, but it is just like karma, when you don't care about other's problem, some how the problem get back to you. Still remember the "all connected" thing that I mentioned earlier?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    80
    Let me share another story that I read in other forum to explain why we shouldn't focus on our own problem only.
    A lady together with her 3 friends buying flight tickets to Bali and instead of paying RM55 each for the lowest package 20kg of checked baggage fee, they decided to share the cost since nobody carry more than 15kg baggage. So, they purchased 2 package of 25kg for RM120, that is RM30 per person right? Still each person can save RM25. The problem is the lady bring a baggage weight only 8kg and she calculated the cost per kg is RM2.4, so she think it is unfair for her to pay more than RM19.20

    Don't laugh, it is a real story.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by AltV View Post
    A lady together with her 3 friends buying flight tickets to Bali and instead of paying RM55 each for the lowest package 20kg of checked baggage fee, they decided to share the cost since nobody carry more than 15kg baggage. So, they purchased 2 package of 25kg for RM120, that is RM30 per person right? Still each person can save RM25. The problem is the lady bring a baggage weight only 8kg and she calculated the cost per kg is RM2.4, so she think it is unfair for her to pay more than RM19.20.
    Since it is such a burden...this obsession to save money...why travel at all? Stay at home and save tons.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooty View Post
    Since it is such a burden...this obsession to save money...why travel at all? Stay at home and save tons.
    They are people who travel with the thrill to save money… staying at home no chance to save money... !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •