Autogate Repair
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Autogate Repair

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,401

    Autogate Repair

    My Letron autogate is faulty and need to be repaired/serviced. The right side gate wouldn't open.

    Would anyone know where I can get a reliable service support?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Subang USJ
    Posts
    222
    u may try jackpro. there is a website. just google will do.
    now i am working in the dark not convenient to give you the contact now :P

    we are very satisfied with their service. esp from the boss. he is a responsible man. recently he hired a lousy worker..we complained and he rectified for us FOC

    JL

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kemuning
    Posts
    242
    Check your PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SS18 SUBANG JAYA
    Posts
    547
    Kindly recommend someone who does a good awning installation job and charges reasonably.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,401
    Thanks to all who sms-ed or pm-ed and left message here. I contacted an autogate repair person and got my autogate motor sent for repair. Seems like the compartment was filled with water and that may be the reason for the fault.

    Does anyone have the same problem? The repair guy said I can seal off the screw areas by welding to prevent it from being filled with rain water in future. However, it will be difficult to reopen the compartment to remove motor if there's any failure.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by RolyPoly
    Does anyone have the same problem? The repair guy said I can seal off the screw areas by welding to prevent it from being filled with rain water in future. However, it will be difficult to reopen the compartment to remove motor if there's any failure.
    RUBBISH RECOMMENDATION! There's a neoprene gasket below the top flange which must be renewed and water seeps in somehow at the arm column area due to wear n tear over the years. The DC motor use carbon brushes that wear out resulting in a motor that doesn't move is another problem that crops up in good time. Its unavoidable as long as its a DC motor is implemented. Better to tell that mechanic to weld all the bolts in his engine rocker cover so oil won't seep out. A complete overhaul will cost dearly (few hundred bucks everytime). You overhaul or repair one unit, the other one will die in time. Change to some other model thats not embedded in the ground.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MY Home
    Posts
    8,875
    See how much we miss you during your absence, bslee? Otherwise, we would not be saving much of our hard earned ringgits and sens. Glad to see you back
    TASK - Trust, Attitude, Skill, Knowledge - Signatures of those who believe in excellence for any task entrusted to them - Alwin Tan @ all rights reserved
    [COLOR=Navy]Let's eat 2 taste in www.facebook.com/zinglicious or let's make MY home a better place with healthy views and tasty news in www.facebook.com/zingszangs

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by zinglicious
    See how much we miss you during your absence, bslee? Otherwise, we would not be saving much of our hard earned ringgits and sens. Glad to see you back
    I won't be back again, please don't assume too much, just couldn't resist this posting today.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,468
    I edited this post as I know he is determined to go....
    Last edited by Rhiga; 24-07-2011 at 05:07 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MY Home
    Posts
    8,875
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee
    I won't be back again, please don't assume too much, just couldn't resist this posting today.
    See even Sagamihara yen to see you back within minutes! How can you resist by the silent majority who wants you back?

    As much as I was told and led to believe - usj.com.my/ is funded and forums shared in the interest of the public and not by a handful Harley or Ferarri. Views are shared without fears or favors. Unless Jeff decided to sell it, which is unlikely or unethical as it public funds were solicited to run this forum to individual, I would be joining you to yell ow somewhere else. In fact, I just did that just recently by joining datacity.com which is basically in USA interest. ( they dont banana you and sumore members can award you with "reputation" credential sumore.

    Better stop now, for I would be banana again for hijacking this thread from gate repair to forumer return please.

    Anyway, many happy returns.
    TASK - Trust, Attitude, Skill, Knowledge - Signatures of those who believe in excellence for any task entrusted to them - Alwin Tan @ all rights reserved
    [COLOR=Navy]Let's eat 2 taste in www.facebook.com/zinglicious or let's make MY home a better place with healthy views and tasty news in www.facebook.com/zingszangs

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee
    I won't be back again, please don't assume too much, just couldn't resist this posting today.
    Have a cuppa tea .. sit back and relax listen to KC & Sunshine band's Please don't go or change a nick and enjoy return of the jedi ...
    Do Unto Others

    "Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury -- to me, these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind." --- Albert Einstein

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee
    RUBBISH RECOMMENDATION! There's a neoprene gasket below the top flange which must be renewed and water seeps in somehow at the arm column area due to wear n tear over the years. The DC motor use carbon brushes that wear out resulting in a motor that doesn't move is another problem that crops up in good time. Its unavoidable as long as its a DC motor is implemented. Better to tell that mechanic to weld all the bolts in his engine rocker cover so oil won't seep out. A complete overhaul will cost dearly (few hundred bucks everytime). You overhaul or repair one unit, the other one will die in time. Change to some other model thats not embedded in the ground.
    Hello bslee,

    i understand that you have stopped being active on the forum, but i'm hoping that you still check your messages here.

    from one of your earlier postings some years back, you mentioned that you change the carbon brush of the motor on you autogate yourself. can you please tell me where do you purchase these carbon brushes from? as i've been looking for them everywhere to replace the one on my dad's autogate as the service fellas insisted on replacing the whole motor all the time! i really hope i can do this soon as he keeps having to get out and manually open the gates and he's quite elderly already

    would really appreciate your help. thank you

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    940
    i found the carbon brush.

    bslee, come back laa...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    1,584
    Quote Originally Posted by twohands
    Hello bslee,

    i understand that you have stopped being active on the forum, but i'm hoping that you still check your messages here.

    from one of your earlier postings some years back, you mentioned that you change the carbon brush of the motor on you autogate yourself. can you please tell me where do you purchase these carbon brushes from? as i've been looking for them everywhere to replace the one on my dad's autogate as the service fellas insisted on replacing the whole motor all the time! i really hope i can do this soon as he keeps having to get out and manually open the gates and he's quite elderly already

    would really appreciate your help. thank you
    There are 2 shops selling all kind of carbon brushes at Jalan Loke Yew, I would recommend Valee Industrial Supplies (a.k.a Valee Carbon). Open Google map and search this coordination 3.133585,101.706778

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by burntan
    There are 2 shops selling all kind of carbon brushes at Jalan Loke Yew, I would recommend Valee Industrial Supplies (a.k.a Valee Carbon). Open Google map and search this coordination 3.133585,101.706778
    Thanks burntan. i got mine from the light industrial area in shah alam. RM10 each

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •