Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: To The LHung TEACHERS :-)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,470

    To The LHung TEACHERS :-)

    To the teachers of LHung I never got to thank for the 6yrs (1-6G) my child was there.
    Kam Siah! Kam Siah!


    ========

    From A School Principal's speech at a graduation......

    He said "The Doctor wants his child to become a doctor.........
    the Engineer wants his child to become an engineer......
    The Businessman wants his ward to become CEO.....
    BUT a teacher also wants his child to become one of them, as well..!!!!
    Nobody wants to become a teacher BY CHOICE" ....Very sad but that's the truth.....!!!

    The dinner guests were sitting around the table discussing life.
    One man, a CEO, decided to explain the problem with education. He argued, "What's a kid going to learn from someone who decided his best option in life was to become only a teacher?"

    To stress his point he said to another guest;
    "You're a teacher, Mrs Sharma. Be honest. What do you make?"

    Teacher Mrs Sharma, who had a reputation for honesty and frankness replied, "You want to know what I make?
    (She paused for a second, then began...)

    "Well, I make kids work harder than they ever thought they could.

    I make a C+ feel like the Congressional Medal of Honor winner.

    I make kids sit through 40 minutes of class time when their parents can't make them sit for 5 min. without an I- Pod, Game Cube or movie rental.

    You want to know what I make?
    (She paused again and looked at each and every person at the table)

    I make kids wonder.

    I make them question.

    I make them apologize and mean it.

    I make them have respect and take responsibility for their actions.

    I teach them how to write and then I make them write.
    Keyboarding isn't everything.

    I make them read, read, read.

    I make them show all their work in math.
    They use their God given brain, not the man-made calculator.

    I make my students from other countries learn everything they need to know about India while preserving their unique cultural identity.

    I make my classroom a place where all my students feel safe.

    Finally, I make them understand that if they use the gifts they
    were given, work hard, and follow their hearts, they can succeed in life.

    (Mrs Sharma paused one last time and then continued.)

    Then, when people try to judge me by what I make, with me knowing money isn't everything, I can hold my head up high and pay no attention because they are ignorant. You want to know what I make.

    I MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN ALL YOUR LIVES, EDUCATING KIDS AND PREPARING THEM TO BECOME CEO's, AND DOCTORS AND ENGINEERS..........

    What do you make Mr. CEO?

    His jaw dropped; he went silent."

    THIS IS WORTH SENDING TO EVERY teacher you know .
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    usj
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai View Post
    To the teachers of LHung I never got to thank for the 6yrs (1-6G) my child was there.
    Kam Siah! Kam Siah!


    ========

    From A School Principal's speech at a graduation......

    He said "The Doctor wants his child to become a doctor.........
    the Engineer wants his child to become an engineer......
    The Businessman wants his ward to become CEO.....
    BUT a teacher also wants his child to become one of them, as well..!!!!
    Nobody wants to become a teacher BY CHOICE" ....Very sad but that's the truth.....!!!



    VERY teacher you know .
    30 years ago, Who want to become a teachers if there is " Choice " ? A primary teachers only pay Rm 700 upon graduated from college and that is the most difficult time because of " recession ". A lot of my friends did apply for just a bank clerk but all rejected. Even my relative also warned his children not to become a teacher because it is hard to earn a living.
    There are also forumers request the " 9A "'s SPM students apply for teacher in order to upgrade the standard of education but she never asking her son or daughter to do so. Even the teachers itself spending all their bank money/saving for his children just for a medicine course.
    Therefore, you can see for those who apply for teachers nowadys are mostly from a very poor family because they dont have a Doctor/Accountant/Engineer/Businessman/Teacher parents.
    ....Very sad but that's the truth.....!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    subang jaya
    Posts
    351
    Under the management of current moe? I wont encourage my children to be teachers with them. Dont mind they work with private school, international school, but not with government school.(teaching in government schiol get higher pay, no doubt, but with the stupid and redundant workload, we are not teaching. We are just clerks doing paper work all the time)...until they take the politics element out of our education. Return the education matter to us who really teach and understand the needs of the students. And please, those smart alec who are on top, cracking their head to come out with new and creative idea, yet not practical, get lost and get down to the field......

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    usj
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by teacher View Post
    Under the management of current moe? I wont encourage my children to be teachers with them. Dont mind they work with private school, international school, but not with government school.(teaching in government schiol get higher pay, no doubt, but with the stupid and redundant workload, we are not teaching. We are just clerks doing paper work all the time)...until they take the politics element out of our education. Return the education matter to us who really teach and understand the needs of the students. And please, those smart alec who are on top, cracking their head to come out with new and creative idea, yet not practical, get lost and get down to the field......
    Are you a teacher ? If yes then why you want to become a teacher ? I actually fully agreed on you but in future, who is going to teach our next generation ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    subang jaya
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by rospet View Post
    Are you a teacher ? If yes then why you want to become a teacher ? I actually fully agreed on you but in future, who is going to teach our next generation ?
    I want my cbildren to teach with dignity. Not like what i have been through........teaching is always my passions, since primary school. Until i am teaching woth government school, i realised i am not a teacher. I am worse than my school clerk and lab assistants. Worse still if someone playing staffroom politics. Yet these are the scumbags who get promoted faster than the one who actually work hard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •