Good! I think it is a good idea to have this surveillance cameras coverage project in the locality. It promotes:-
1. Awareness of happenings around the locality. One can make informed decisions from such coverage later. The camera never lies nor sleep - only dishonest people, cockamanny procedures/mindsets retards progress for the betterment of the community.
2. The development of technologies and thus (who knows?) helps formulate new public policies on public safety and security for the district and hence the state/nation.
3. It provides jobs for people with aptitude/talents in the relevant fields.
4. It offers an opportunity for the community's stakeholders to lead/guide the community out of perceived past malaise/neglect in good governance.
5. Crap! We are constantly exposed to perceived hidden dangers all the time. Like the Cantonese saying - "if so scared, go stay in the police station!"...duh!
"The world we have created is a product of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking." - Albert Einstein