Staff UNIONS? Still got such things ah??Originally Posted by bslee
Toothless tigers in Bolehland la.... !! Most union leaders are tooo busy fighting each other for the top posts (due vested interest!)... and when they are not, busy currying favors from the management....WIN-WIN situation mah
Gone are the days when union leaders would stand up for the workers rights!!
Furthermore - thanks to Malaysia''s ''essential services" Act, union-members are basically barred from any industrial action per se, Try to organise or execute a strike (or even hint a strike) and you would see instant reactions... EVERYWHERE!
by the way - essential services in malaysia included the following... which pretty much sums up one thing - FORGET about even thinking of a STRIKE!
THE ESSENTIAL SERVICES
1. Banking services.
2. Electricity services.
3. Fire services.
4. Port, dock, harbour and airport services and
undertakings, including stevedoring, lighterage,
cargo handling and pilotage, and storing or bulking
5. Postal services.
6. Prison services.
7. Production, refining, storage, supply and
distribution of fuel and lubricants.
8. Public health services.
9. Radio communication services, including
broadcasting and television services.
10. Telegraph, telephone and telecommunication
11. Transport services by land, water or air.
12. Water services.
13. Any service provided by any of the following
Departments of Government:
(ii) Civil Aviation.
(iii) Customs and Excise.
14. Services which are connected with, or related
to, or which assist towards, the maintenance and
functioning of the Armed Forces and the Royal
Malaysian Police Force.
15. Businesses and industries which are connected
with the defense and security of Malaysia.
16. Any section of any service, on the working of
which the safety of the employees therein or of the
establishment relating thereto depends.
17. Industries declared by the Minister of Human
Resources in the Gazette as industries essential to
the economy of Malaysia.