Page 105 of 176 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2633

Thread: Go Figure (mind game)

  1. #1561
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    Consider an air-filled balloon held under water by a weight, so that the balloon will neither rise nor fall. What will happen to the balloon if it is forced under the surface. Will the balloon rise, fall, or stay where it was released? Explain.

  2. #1562
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bhumi
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by venuspop
    Consider an air-filled balloon held under water by a weight, so that the balloon will neither rise nor fall. What will happen to the balloon if it is forced under the surface. Will the balloon rise, fall, or stay where it was released? Explain.
    Balloon will sink due to pressure of water. (I am using my specs - refused to admit I needed my glasses until u mentioned the "km" bit )
    -"Things do not happen...things are made to happen"-John F.Kennedy

  3. #1563
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USJ11
    Posts
    334
    If the balloon is still held by the weight, it will stay. If released, it will float up to the surface, the air in the balloon helps it rise?

  4. #1564
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeyanthy
    Balloon will sink due to pressure of water. (I am using my specs - refused to admit I needed my glasses until u mentioned the "km" bit )


    As water pressure increases,
    the volume and buoyancy of the
    baloon decreases. If the water pressure
    is great enough, the balloon will sink without
    the weight attached.

  5. #1565
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    Bill Clontin introduced George Bus to his friend as his "Uncle George". George Bus introduced Bill Clontin to his friends as his "Uncle Bill".

    "If you are uncles to each other," queried Forrest Gum, "you must also be nephews to each other."

    "That's correct," replied Bill.

    Since there has been no breach of marriage law, how could such a relationship come to be?

  6. #1566
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bhumi
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by venuspop
    Bill Clontin introduced George Bus to his friend as his "Uncle George". George Bus introduced Bill Clontin to his friends as his "Uncle Bill".

    "If you are uncles to each other," queried Forrest Gum, "you must also be nephews to each other."

    "That's correct," replied Bill.

    Since there has been no breach of marriage law, how could such a relationship come to be?
    George Bus's mother is Bill Clontin's sister. So George is Bill's nephew and Bill is George's uncle.
    George Bus married Bill's father's sister, hence George became an uncle to Bill and Bill is George's nephew.

    Hence the difference in their surnames as well.
    -"Things do not happen...things are made to happen"-John F.Kennedy

  7. #1567
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeyanthy
    George Bus's mother is Bill Clontin's sister. So George is Bill's nephew and Bill is George's uncle.
    George Bus married Bill's father's sister, hence George became an uncle to Bill and Bill is George's nephew.

    Hence the difference in their surnames as well.
    Jeyanthy ~~~ ini manyak manyak confusing. We should ban marriages of this kind because it gives us all a terrible head-dy-ache!!

    But let's explore your answer.

    If G's mom is B's sister, then B's dad is G's grandpa. So effectively, G married his grandpa's sister? I don't know. Would they allow such a thing?

    I'll give you a clue to ease the logic process a little, but good try, Jeyanthy. This 'charade' only involves two generation.

  8. #1568
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by venuspop

    This 'charade' only involves two generation.
    Jeyanthy ~~~ I am so sorry. I have made a terrible mistake. In a twisted kinda way it did involve three generations.

    However, only 6 person are involved, Bill and George included.

  9. #1569
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bhumi
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by venuspop
    Jeyanthy ~~~ I am so sorry. I have made a terrible mistake. In a twisted kinda way it did involve three generations.

    However, only 6 person are involved, Bill and George included.
    My initial answer also involves three generation:


    -----------------Brother(1)---------------Sister(2)
    ---------------------|
    ---------------------V
    --Daughter(3).......Son (George)(4)
    -------|
    -------V
    ------(Bill)

    1. George is the uncle of Bill and Bill is the nephew of George
    2. If Bill marries sister (2), Bill becomes uncle of George and George is Bill's nephew.

    This is very possible. My aunt married when she was only 13. My grandama married when she was only 15. At one time they were both pregnant at the same time Hence, my aunt is younger than her nephews
    -"Things do not happen...things are made to happen"-John F.Kennedy

  10. #1570
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeyanthy
    My initial answer also involves three generation:


    -----------------Brother(1)---------------Sister(2)
    ---------------------|
    ---------------------V
    --Daughter(3).......Son (George)(4)
    -------|
    -------V
    ------(Bill)

    1. George is the uncle of Bill and Bill is the nephew of George
    2. If Bill marries sister (2), Bill becomes uncle of George and George is Bill's nephew.

    This is very possible. My aunt married when she was only 13. My grandama married when she was only 15. At one time they were both pregnant at the same time Hence, my aunt is younger than her nephews
    D ~~~ Who am I to argue with that? Instead I'll just give you the published answer.

    Two men, A and B marry each other's mother. One son was born to each marriage, in this case, Bill and George. Bill's father is A and his half brother is B. George's father is B and his half brother is A. Therefore Bill and George are both uncle and nephew to each other.

    Since there can be more than one correct answer, please consider your answer correct. So for the record,



  11. #1571
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    When is the beginning of the twenty first century -

    11:59:59 PM December 31, 1999
    or
    12:00:01 AM January 1, 2000?

  12. #1572
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bhumi
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by venuspop
    When is the beginning of the twenty first century -

    11:59:59 PM December 31, 1999
    or
    12:00:01 AM January 1, 2000?
    Both wrong

    Year 1 till year 100 is 1st century, so Year 2001 till 2100 is twenty first century. Starting from 12:00:01 AM January 2001
    -"Things do not happen...things are made to happen"-John F.Kennedy

  13. #1573
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeyanthy
    Both wrong

    Year 1 till year 100 is 1st century, so Year 2001 till 2100 is twenty first century. Starting from 12:00:01 AM January 2001


    Looks like there's
    no fooling you.

  14. #1574
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    David Cornfield, the famous circus clown visited an ancient castle in Scotland. The brochures explained that one of the common defenses built back then was the moat. The castle that David was touring had a moat which was a huge square, five m wide and 10 m deep. David boasted that he could cross the moat without getting wet by using two 4.75 m planks and nothing else. How?

  15. #1575
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bhumi
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by venuspop
    David Cornfield, the famous circus clown visited an ancient castle in Scotland. The brochures explained that one of the common defenses built back then was the moat. The castle that David was touring had a moat which was a huge square, five m wide and 10 m deep. David boasted that he could cross the moat without getting wet by using two 4.75 m planks and nothing else. How?
    Nail the two planks together the ends to make it 9.5m. Use that to cross over..
    -"Things do not happen...things are made to happen"-John F.Kennedy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •