Page 331 of 540 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 8088

Thread: SJKC Lick Hung Parents' Q&A Support Group

  1. #4951
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiga View Post
    Due to small pool of population, Singapore needs foreign students/talents to fill the gap.. and brilliant Chinese-Malaysian is the best choice, culturally and politically.

    This is exactly what I wanted to say – those brilliant Chinese-Malaysian students often emerge as the exceptional achievers in NUS but they never make it into top university like Harvard, MIT and Caltech..!!

    This is something we as parents should seriously looking into it…

    Ps. My wife is an NUS graduate and many of my Form 5 classmate who cannot enroll into local varsities due to the discriminated intake policy are all successfully enrolled into professional degree in NUS…

    In my humble opinion, some of us have what it takes to be in the best universities in the world but our talents are wasted by the educational system in this country..

    Cheers
    I am trying to say, at least, what I know, it's not totally no hope for those not-so-lucky-one (who cannot enter private school) who needs to get stuck with public school, there are still somethings taught in public school, that allow them to have the opportunity to enter Singapore school for free .. so public school here is not the worse where it's doom, not acceptable everywhere.

    P.S. I almost become NUS graduated engineer if I didn't reject the offer due to dare not taking the risk that it will burden my family $$$ as I still have do-re-mi (sibling following right after me that is going to Uni very soon, before I could graduated.) And I am SJK(C) + SMJK. At least still got hope compare to may be public school from some other ASEAN country... And may be if my family is $$$, i can go private school, got chance to Harvard ... hahaha... joking...
    IP

  2. #4952
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiga View Post
    The answer is simple...apart from family upbringing.

    it is the educational system, the emphasis of the education, the quality of the teaching staff, the language communication skills and the open environment in the school that provide them with an extra edge.....
    Yes, if I am filthy rich millionaire, I will migrate to Singapore for my children education, same like a lot of rich Chinese, like Jim Rogers...
    May be then got chance to go Harvard ... hahaha.. joking...
    IP

  3. #4953
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Near good currymee stalls :)
    Posts
    10,943
    Quote Originally Posted by nescafeADay View Post
    Yes, if I am filthy rich millionaire, I will migrate to Singapore for my children education, same like a lot of rich Chinese, like Jim Rogers...
    May be then got chance to go Harvard ... hahaha.. joking...
    IF I am that rich, I will go and migrate ALL THE WAY to USA private school and increase my kids chances even more than going to Singapore !!!
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH
    IP

  4. #4954
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,344
    Quote Originally Posted by nescafeADay View Post
    Yes, if I am filthy rich millionaire, I will migrate to Singapore for my children education, same like a lot of rich Chinese, like Jim Rogers...
    May be then got chance to go Harvard ... hahaha.. joking...
    Contrary to many belief, the last thing you should do when you are wealthy enough is migrate to a country for children educationů
    Unless you really pissed off with Malaysia, then migrate by all means...
    Otherwise, here is still a relatively cheap place to hang around...

    Just send the kids to anywhere you think is the right place for their education, and occasionally drop by to visit them, no need to migrate..

    Jim Rogers, Eduardo Saverin (co-founder of Facebook), Jet Li and Zhao Wei from PRC migrated to Singapore for different reasons, not just for children education..

    They migrate for tax purpose, for privacy and safety purposes.
    Liverpool will win this year Premier League..
    IP

  5. #4955
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Near good currymee stalls :)
    Posts
    10,943
    Haahaha .... all the parents that I knew and asked, NONE OF THEM attended the concert cum dinner ... so NO ONE knows any news about single-session

    Only thing I know fom my son is that the outdoor basketball court has been rebuild - junior (primary school) size now. So, Lick Hung is still playing basketball ....
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH
    IP

  6. #4956
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiga View Post
    Contrary to many belief, the last thing you should do when you are wealthy enough is migrate to a country for children educationů
    Unless you really pissed off with Malaysia, then migrate by all means...
    Otherwise, here is still a relatively cheap place to hang around...

    Just send the kids to anywhere you think is the right place for their education, and occasionally drop by to visit them, no need to migrate..

    Jim Rogers, Eduardo Saverin (co-founder of Facebook), Jet Li and Zhao Wei from PRC migrated to Singapore for different reasons, not just for children education..

    They migrate for tax purpose, for privacy and safety purposes.
    If you read the book A Gift to My Children by Jim Rogers, you know the reason why he chose Singapore when considering education ...
    IP

  7. #4957
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USJ11
    Posts
    249
    May I know if anybody from std 1 got their July exam scope? Penulisan exam is only 2 weeks away.
    IP

  8. #4958
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SUBANG JAYA
    Posts
    118
    http://www.permatapintar.edu.my/default.ukm1.aspx
    got circular today regarding this.. anybody taking part?
    IP

  9. #4959
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by elea88 View Post
    http://www.permatapintar.edu.my/default.ukm1.aspx
    got circular today regarding this.. anybody taking part?
    Not intend to.
    IP

  10. #4960
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    193
    Nope...won't be.

    Quote Originally Posted by elea88 View Post
    http://www.permatapintar.edu.my/default.ukm1.aspx
    got circular today regarding this.. anybody taking part?
    IP

  11. #4961
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Near good currymee stalls :)
    Posts
    10,943
    Quote Originally Posted by sewlover View Post
    May I know if anybody from std 1 got their July exam scope? Penulisan exam is only 2 weeks away.
    Huh ??? Still no exam scope ? This is VERY STRANGE indeed ...

    Better double-check your child's NOTICE BOOK, for Std 1 , the teacher will usually tell the children to paste it into the book for parents to check and see.

    Otherwise, let's hope that another kind Std 1 parent here can upload a copy for your reference .
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH
    IP

  12. #4962
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SUBANG JAYA
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    Huh ??? Still no exam scope ? This is VERY STRANGE indeed ...

    Better double-check your child's NOTICE BOOK, for Std 1 , the teacher will usually tell the children to paste it into the book for parents to check and see.

    Otherwise, let's hope that another kind Std 1 parent here can upload a copy for your reference .
    Yes, as of today, no exam scope....
    IP

  13. #4963
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    604
    My daughter said Chinese is from 单元九 till 单元十七. Don't have for the rest.
    IP

  14. #4964
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    193
    Thanks nescafeADay. U r making me learn chinese characters as well via using google translate...

    Hope their teacher will provide the complete exam scope soon. Make parents life easier...
    Quote Originally Posted by nescafeADay View Post
    My daughter said Chinese is from 单元九 till 单元十七. Don't have for the rest.
    IP

  15. #4965
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Mom View Post
    Thanks nescafeADay. U r making me learn chinese characters as well via using google translate...

    Hope their teacher will provide the complete exam scope soon. Make parents life easier...
    Opps, sorry. Should put Chapter 9 - 17.
    IP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •