Page 517 of 540 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519527 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 8088

Thread: SJKC Lick Hung Parents' Q&A Support Group

  1. #7741
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    Quote Originally Posted by hiphantom View Post
    Can I have the contact of any transporter fetching Standard 1 student dropping the extra class session?
    My current transporter will not be picking up the 'early-released' because most of the students she fetches opt for extra class..
    I cannot promise any success but I will help to ask around for you later in school. I know a number of them or you can try the list found in the first few posts of the forum back in 2010 (early posts), the same aunties then are still doing the routes.
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH
    IP

  2. #7742
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by elea88 View Post
    eh.. i got letter mine is SK SS17... so, where is this SK PERDANA JAYA SS19?
    SK SS17 is SK Perdana Jaya SS19. The address is still the same. Only a name change. can check google map look for SK SS17 because google map is not updated yet.
    IP

  3. #7743
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Putra Heights
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Karipap Cinta View Post
    whether if 6 may is public holiday is not up to the school to announce.. it will be by the new Prime Minister..
    Well as some schools which is also polling stations have declared 6/5 off last week (school replacement on other date), they didn't wait for the new PM to announce..Just wonder if LH also declare off mah...anywhere the HM have replied one forumer by e-mail yesterday no off day on 6/5!
    IP

  4. #7744
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Karipap Cinta View Post
    SK SS17 is SK Perdana Jaya SS19. The address is still the same. Only a name change. can check google map look for SK SS17 because google map is not updated yet.

    SK SS17 is at Jalan SS19/1
    IP

  5. #7745
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    FORGET THE SCHOOL DAY on 6th May 2013 !!

    Go and do your NATIONAL SERVICE and DUTY as a citizen and VOTE - if you have to go back to hometown, PLEASE GO BACK TO HOMETOWN and VOTE, missing one day of LH will not "kill the kids", in fact, they will be HAPPIER to go back and go to polling centre with you and you can teach them about DEMOCRACY and why it is so important and valuable !!

    Dear LH Parents, now it is time to do our CITIZEN's DUTY once every 5 years and exercise OUR RIGHTS TO CHOOSE ... make sure there is NO "COMPULSARY" GOVERNMENT just like NO compulsary extra tuition ...

    Exercise your right to choose, protect your right to choose ... !!

    IT IS YOUR CHOICE ... Don't let someone else decide for you ... DECIDE YOURSELF !!

    Skip school on Monday IF NEED BE ...

    This is OUR BEST CHANCE TO CHANGE THE NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY !!
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH
    IP

  6. #7746
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    60
    雪州政府宣布5月6日公假
    卡立:方便州民回乡投票
    IP

  7. #7747
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    雪州政府宣布5月6日公假
    卡立:方便州民回乡投票
    Yes Yes Yes. 6 May No school No work :P
    IP

  8. #7748
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by nescafeADay View Post
    Yes Yes Yes. 6 May No school No work :P
    Parents working in KL still looking forward to having "good news" that need not to wake up early on Monday. But for sure need to prepare supper for Sunday night.
    IP

  9. #7749
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USJ 4
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    I cannot promise any success but I will help to ask around for you later in school. I know a number of them or you can try the list found in the first few posts of the forum back in 2010 (early posts), the same aunties then are still doing the routes.
    Thanks Currymee!
    IP

  10. #7750
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,468
    Quote Originally Posted by currymee View Post
    .... This is OUR BEST CHANCE TO CHANGE THE NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY !!
    Yup, allow me to share the followings in Mandarin.

    今日马来西亚的国势衰败社会凋敝,有如清末学人龚自珍所论的“衰世”..

    龚自珍笔下形容的晚清衰世,与眼前我国国情,颇有相似与雷同,景况有如一盘下错了棋的残局。有 一段话是这样 的:“左无才相,右无才史,阃无才将,庠序无才士,陇无才民,廛无才工,衢无才商,抑巷无才偷,市无才驵,薮泽无 才盗;则非但鲜君子也,抑小人甚鲜。”

    简单译成白话文,就是指朝廷表面上的典章制度都存在,似模似样,歌舞升平,繁荣安定,但在政府内要找一两个 有才能的领导却不容易,也缺乏有治理能力的文官,有战事时边疆找不到有谋略的将领,学府里找不 到有素质的学 生,田野里找不到象样的农民,工场里找不到有技能的工匠,市集里找不到精干的商人;以至小偷也 不像小偷,强 盗不像强盗。不要说找不到真正的君子,就连像个样子的小人都没有。

    洞察马来西亚国情的人,会很自然的领会到这种衰世景象。我们连小偷都没有技术含量,只会最低水 平的当街攫夺 ,警察则不像警察,记者不像记者,教授不像教授,法官不像法官.


    体制不改结构不变,衰世的局面就不会扭转,最后必出乱象.
    IP

  11. #7751
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a bowl
    Posts
    11,450
    I have uploaded the STD 4 2010 Past Year Exam Papers - please go to the RESOURCE LIBRARY thread to download.

    With thanks to mums MrsC and MrsC ...
    Everyday is a good day for GOOD FOOD and a GOOD LAUGH
    IP

  12. #7752
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puchong
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I have just received an email reply from Lick Hung HM that confirms Lick Hung is a polling station, but school is as usual on 6th May 2013.
    Hi Jeannie,

    Can you please do us a favor ? Need your help. A few parents and friends would like to know, what should we do if the teachers continue school lesson during extra tuition class ? Can you please help us ask HM ? Per my understanding, HM needs to tell the teachers and make sure that they CANNOT continue the normal lesson during the extra class.

    We parents need to know what to do if such thing happens. Whom to log the complaint, or what action needs to be taken.

    And also, can you please help to ask HM, how can we be guaranteed that no victimization on our children if we log the complaint to him ?

    Many thanks in advance.

    p.s. I will ask my girls later whether they face the same problem.
    IP

  13. #7753
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by nescafeADay View Post
    Hi Jeannie,

    Can you please do us a favor ? Need your help. A few parents and friends would like to know, what should we do if the teachers continue school lesson during extra tuition class ? Can you please help us ask HM ? Per my understanding, HM needs to tell the teachers and make sure that they CANNOT continue the normal lesson during the extra class.

    We parents need to know what to do if such thing happens. Whom to log the complaint, or what action needs to be taken.

    And also, can you please help to ask HM, how can we be guaranteed that no victimization on our children if we log the complaint to him ?

    Many thanks in advance.

    p.s. I will ask my girls later whether they face the same problem.
    Hi nescafeADay,

    This is the reply I received from the HM's email:-
    " The teachers should teach during tuition classes and not merely giving home works and exercises.
    I would like to suggest you come to see the teachers concerned to discuss on how to assist your child on the lessons being taught and how we can monitor and cover the lessons being missed. "

    My opinion on this is, it definitely requires more attention and discussion space between the school and the parents on the objectives of the extra tuition.
    IP

  14. #7754
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    subang jaya
    Posts
    382
    Teachers should teach what had been taught, not continue the unfinished lesson in the morning...... hm misunderstood our point, or maybe he wants us to buy his point.
    IP

  15. #7755
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post

    My opinion on this is, it definitely requires more attention and discussion space between the school and the parents on the objectives of the extra tuition.
    I agree with you. The objectives of the extra tuition has to be CLEARLY make known to all parents as well as teachers. From what I have read in the forum, there are all kinds of understanding regarding the extra tuition. Some take it as day care, some take it as extra learning, some take it as helping those having difficulties during normal lessons in the morning, etc etc....

    Can anybody tell me what is exactly the objectives of the extra tuition in the first place? Does HM even bother share it with the parents? There has got to be a purpose in every activity at school. And is there a checkpoint on whether the objectives are achievable by having those extra tuition classes so far?
    IP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •