Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 601 to 608 of 608

Thread: The Stars and The Moon

  1. #601
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by kwchang View Post
    You started your argument with this, right after mick123 put up a photo of the Milky Way..
    For the record
    - mick123 put up the photo on 24 June
    - I posted my comment on 31 July..

    I am not sure what is your meaning of "right after" ??
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by kwchang View Post
    ..You did not say edge-on

    But since you make such a comment on the very thread that had all the photos of the Milky Way, my clarification was just to say that we CAN photograph the milky way. However, due to the position of our Solar System which is within one of the spiral arms of the galaxy, what we can see (and hence to photograph) is only an edge-on view.

    And thus we can see and photograph the milky way
    No, you CANNOT photograph the milky way...

    You cannot take a picture of milky way simply because we are inside the milky way. Whatever pictures that were taken cannot represent milky way, the pictures may represent a very very tiny part of milky way only.

    If I can use an ant and elephant to illustrate what I mean…

    If the ant wanted to take a picture of the elephant, the ant must take a picture from a distance of the elephant. If the ant is crawling on the skin of elephant, whatever pictures it takes are not the pictures of the elephant. The pictures may show a very small part of the elephant skin texture, a tiny part of the ear, etc, etc but the pictures shown are DEFINiTELY NOT how an elephant should look !!

    Hope you get the point now...
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    6,934
    Thank you for telling us how you think

    I used to tell one of our formerly active members (now inactive but still staying in USJ)
    that this forum contains a fantastic cohort for anyone wishing to observe and study sociological and psychological behaviours

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by kwchang View Post
    ... Are you disputing the authenticity of all the photos taken of the Milky Way? And now claim that they are not true and this whole thread on the celestial photos of the Milky Way are imaginations of our photography gurus?
    If you like to put words into others' mouth, then you can continue with your assumption.

    Obviously, you either do not read my posts or you cannot understand simple English..
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by kwchang View Post
    ...I used to tell one of our formerly active members (now inactive but still staying in USJ)
    that this forum contains a fantastic cohort for anyone wishing to observe and study sociological and psychological behaviours
    Yes, please don't forget to tell him/her to observe yours...
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    豐平峽
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by kwchang View Post
    But ALL the photographs either here or taken by other people on Earth are actually edge-on views (nothing else). NOBODY said or claimed they have the complete face-on pictures of the whole spiral galaxy.

    Are you disputing the authenticity of all the photos taken of the Milky Way? And now claim that they are not true and this whole thread on the celestial photos of the Milky Way are imaginations of our photography gurus?
    Why you accused me with such allegations ??

    I find you belong to a group of people who are very reluctant to different ideas. When there is a new/contradictory opinion to your “standard understanding”, you will quickly switch on your defensive mode and start to put allegation into people mouth !! Not sure whether this is caused by your upbringing or your language/academic background.

    Fyi, I came across this idea – “ we cannot take a picture of milky way simply because we are inside milky way” from an English assessment papers published by NSW University, Australia. The article is one of the essays in the 2017 ICAS English exam. ICAS is the acronym for International Competitions and Assessments for Schools.

    https://www.eaa.unsw.edu.au/
    Simpletons are the majority in a society. Don’t argue with them as they cannot comprehend they actually have a smaller brain size….

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ex-USJ
    Posts
    3,289
    in the meanwhile...........................

    I'm sleeping under the stars somewhere in Batu Pahat
    Milky 29Jul17 - 1001



    after bringing a group of crazy people along to shoot the stars and the moon
    Milkyway 29Jul17 - 11
    “If your photographs aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.” – Robert Capa

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ex-USJ
    Posts
    3,289
    a sky full of stars

    Milkyway 29Jul17 -13
    “If your photographs aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.” – Robert Capa

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •