Come on Jaring, you can do better
A jarring hole in Jaring service quality
Jaring email (POP3 and Web) is down at the time of this posting!
18 October 2002 Jaring made this announcement:
JARING Service Interruption on 26 October 2002
1. This message is addressed to JARING Members in Kuantan,
Melaka, Ipoh and Petaling Jaya.
2. Please be informed that our telecommunication provider will be
doing a system upgrade which will cause a JARING service
interruption in Kuantan, Melaka, Ipoh and Petaling Jaya.
3. The system upgrade will be done on 26 October 2002, 02:00-
06:00 am . The estimated down time is about 40 minutes.
Dialing up from Subang Jaya, I am not supposed to be affected by the service interruption.
The time now is 7.40m Oct 26, the scheduled down-time should have been over. But email services are still down for both POP3 and Web.
This time, Telekom Malaysia cannot be blamed for causing the last-mile problem. While Jaring was 'sleeping' with its jarring mouth open, my dial-up from Streamyx, Maxis, Time are all OK!
Last edited by jeffooi; 26-10-2002 at 09:34 AM.
POP3 and WebMail normalised by 8.18am Oct 26.
Just to put it on record.
I sent a feedback to Jaring NOC before 8am on October 26, using
its web form.
It's Call Centre (03-89961407) rang me up at 09:46:13hr October
28 (time captured on my cellphone).
I requested the Call Centre to nofify Jaring CEO Dr Mohamad
Awang Lah (MAL) about my complaint, that:
The actual downtime exceeded announced scheduled downtime.
We will see how Jaring responds further.
Though the maintenance work is in Petaling Jaya,
Let's hope service outage doesn't spill-over to Subang Jaya.
With Jaring and a 3rd party Telco involved in the works,
don't really want screw-up in double
JARING Service Interruption on 30 November 2002
1. This message is addressed to JARING Members in Petaling Jaya.
2. Please be informed that our telecommunication provider will be doing a maintenance work which will cause a JARING service interruption in Petaling Jaya.
3. The maintenance work will be done on 30 November 2002, 03:00am-06:00am. The estimated down time is about 2 hours.
4. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
5. Thank you.
JARING Network Operation Center