Tesco Extra - twice cheated in a day
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Tesco Extra - twice cheated in a day

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pinggiran USJ
    Posts
    96

    Tesco Extra - twice cheated in a day

    Went to Tesco Extra in Shah Alam this morning and felt something amiss when an item that I bought was only labeled "Tesco po" in the receipt. The price was also not something that I could remember as in the range of anything that I bought. Had to check every item before I found out it was for an item (Tesco brand) tagged on the shelf at RM20++, but I was charged for RM30++. I claimed the difference at the service counter.

    Then this afternoon had to drop by the place again for something else. This time I was charged RM62 for an item tagged at RM42.

    Now I know what Extra means.. be extra careful or you're fooled

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by nyem
    Went to Tesco Extra in Shah Alam this morning and felt something amiss when an item that I bought was only labeled "Tesco po" in the receipt. .............Now I know what Extra means.. be extra careful or you're fooled
    Last week I bought a packet of petfood and was labeled at RM9.xx, was charged RM10.xx at the cashier. Of course I went to prove my case by going to the lane and retrieved the offer label card that shows the offer price.
    I got my refund on the overcharge. Ok..case closed as far as I'm concerned.

    Ok..What about the next hundred customers who buy the same item andjust happen not to be alert that the scanned price ain't the same? They're cheated outright innit?

    Lesson to highlight here:
    Learn or develop the ability to be eagle eyed on each item being scanned by the cashier that you're correctly billed.

    Oh well... typical of local QC standards..many issues just go terribly wrong.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    That is why lah TESCO now advertised they are BIGGER than the Giant group... makes sense LOL!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,857
    caveat emptor...

    know that a hypermart carries up to 40,000 SKUs...promo items many a time, thru basically human folly/mistake/laziness/sloppiness, are not updated at the barcode/centre pricing system. Cashiers are ONLY doing their job i.e. scan, bill,charge and pack...

    U win some thru their 'loss leaders' and then u lose some when thye didnt update their pricing code at check out...

    Just be a smart and alert shopper...REPEAT afetr me:

    NOBODY LOVES ME BUT my PARENTS! and ONLY my parents give me FRee or sell to me at a discount...

    Malaysia BOLEH!

    Yang Boleh latotupai
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    ex-SJ now CA
    Posts
    2,077
    Hmm.. seems like there is some kind of scamming issue at Tesco Shah Alam.
    I had a problem there too, some time back when i purchased 2 bottles of champagne. It came up to a significant amount, paid cash for it, and then asked her where my receipt was, which she replied was in the bag with the champagne. (she even tied the bag up and taped it)
    So off i went, and shortly after i reached my destination which was less than 2kms away, i looked into the bag, NO receipt!! So i had to rush back to Tesco; looked for the cashier, couldnt find her. Spoke with the supervisor, she looked at the cash register to locate a copy of it, but she couldn't find any record of champagne being sold. So there i was, freaking out coz i had stuff to do, and she said there is no record of my purchase. I said.. ok.. fine.. u look at the shelf.. can u see any champagne left? NO! So where is it? Off she goes to look for the cashier..
    To cut the story short, the cashier had actually punched in ONE bottle and she pocketed the money for the other bottle.
    I wasnt going to stick around and waste my time, so i demanded a proper receipt, and i got it.
    Insecurity is unattractive. Smile and the whole world smiles with you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai
    know that a hypermart carries up to 40,000 SKUs...promo items many a time, thru basically human folly/mistake/laziness/sloppiness, are not updated at the barcode/centre pricing system. Cashiers are ONLY doing their job i.e. scan, bill,charge and pack...
    Absolutely right!.
    Thats the trouble here and we customers end-up rugi! Thats why I say, every Malaysian MUST be on the alert OR you rugi!.. thats it when living here.
    Essentially you're on your own, so help youself fully or again rugi.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by tupai
    caveat emptor...

    know that a hypermart carries up to 40,000 SKUs...promo items many a time, thru basically human folly/mistake/laziness/sloppiness, are not updated at the barcode/centre pricing system. Cashiers are ONLY doing their job i.e. scan, bill,charge and pack...

    U win some thru their 'loss leaders' and then u lose some when thye didnt update their pricing code at check out...

    Just be a smart and alert shopper...REPEAT afetr me:

    NOBODY LOVES ME BUT my PARENTS! and ONLY my parents give me FRee or sell to me at a discount...

    Malaysia BOLEH!

    Yang Boleh latotupai
    yep, I shop alot at Tesco... everyone should check your receipt before you leave that place, not only Tesco but anywhere you go. Pricing errors are something which is very common. I experienced many times when they actually charge me less... so I keep quiet lah... haha

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    209
    hahaha... why we always complain when they overcharged. When they undercharge we keep quiet....kkekkee.... to be honest sometimes they also undercharged me.... apa lagi.... cabut fast...scared they find out...

    I dont think these hyper intentionally wanted to cheat... human error lor... standard problem in large org. If any of the hypers reading this thread... hope they can improve on the training of the people. I think is possible, normally the changing of prices is done at head office. They head office people are brilliant & efficient people. Outlet will receive the price change via computer & print the new label.

    Quote Originally Posted by tsd
    yep, I shop alot at Tesco... everyone should check your receipt before you leave that place, not only Tesco but anywhere you go. Pricing errors are something which is very common. I experienced many times when they actually charge me less... so I keep quiet lah... haha

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615

    Recently I bought 2 bottles of Nescafe Gold 500g on offer at Cold Storage here at Island Plaza at RM19.95 each (Normal Price RM28.00) and gave the cashier RM50. She gave me back RM60.10 and I just took it without realizing the mistake.

    When I went home, I realized she had given me RM50 too much and went back to the store the next day to look for her. Was told she has been suspended from work due to cash shortage of RM50. I felt really bad, I should have gone back straightaway and could have saved someone's job...

    I gave the RM50 to a temple when I went to pray.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    1,495

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel

    Recently I bought 2 bottles of Nescafe Gold 500g on offer at Cold Storage here at Island Plaza at RM19.95 each (Normal Price RM28.00) and gave the cashier RM50. She gave me back RM60.10 and I just took it without realizing the mistake.

    When I went home, I realized she had given me RM50 too much and went back to the store the next day to look for her. Was told she has been suspended from work due to cash shortage of RM50. I felt really bad, I should have gone back straightaway and could have saved someone's job...

    I gave the RM50 to a temple when I went to pray.
    they dont have to suspend her. Normally the cashier bears any shortfall of cash in her register. Its her responaibility to make sure she must double triple check the amount disbursed. Anyway you're really a nice fella.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    https://twitter.com/#!/hurricanemax
    Posts
    7,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokee
    they dont have to suspend her. Normally the cashier bears any shortfall of cash in her register. Its her responaibility to make sure she must double triple check the amount disbursed. Anyway you're really a nice fella.
    i believe tesco cashiers are not tesco employees. This portion of the bizz is outsourced to a 3rd party. The 3rd party has its own rules & policy regarding carelessness with cash...yes, usually, the cashier has to foot the diff, but repetitions of such mistakes can result in her termination. Handling other people's money is the worst job in the world...

    I too usually give back the cash if the cashier had erred. Picture thyself handling dirty smelly money 8hrs aday! And they not your own money sumore! AHHHHH!!!!

    BTW, Wrongly priced items are not the cashiers' fault..dont go screaming blue murder at them.

    Yang Bersimpati latotupai
    in luv with bikes...in lust with AphroditeS AWAS! Suspek is an Avid procurer to myths, lies, legends, folklores, i-ching, rumors, misinformation, cakap-ayam, spɹoʍ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ˙˙DLL .
    p/s Take all the above with a XL salted duck egg, wash down with 2fingers of sodium hypochoride, and suck on to a pebble size tmn negara Rock salt

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    2,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel

    Recently I bought 2 bottles of Nescafe Gold 500g on offer at Cold Storage here at Island Plaza at RM19.95 each (Normal Price RM28.00) and gave the cashier RM50. She gave me back RM60.10 and I just took it without realizing the mistake.

    When I went home, I realized she had given me RM50 too much and went back to the store the next day to look for her. Was told she has been suspended from work due to cash shortage of RM50. I felt really bad, I should have gone back straightaway and could have saved someone's job...

    I gave the RM50 to a temple when I went to pray.
    Very thoughtful of you to try to return the RM50 that you had mistakenly received. Many would not do this.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MY Home
    Posts
    8,875
    Overcharge for items you bought? Get refund from the customers service which makes me quite famous with top Tesco management! Not only I blew my top for the discrepancies or management oversight on pricing (it is not our problem) but to get a refund of 50 cents and drive all the way to TESCO?
    Well, matter of principle! that should be the Tesco policy too as they would be making that product free of charge for the oversight on pricing as it is being pratice in UK or in US. I have been offer many free items including one price at USD 60 and got a thank you for shopping with us from the supervisor of ACME. Here, at tesco , they refund you and dont bother to look at you in the eyes.
    Even Tesco here pratice Malaysia Boleh! Boleh tutup mata

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    1,268

    Yes Tesco

    I started buying in Tesco this year, begining with the Chinese New Year purchases. I was shocked at >RM500 bill. Realised that the cheap prices that put on the goods I bought were actually for different brands of same type of food.

    Next, my husband got 'trap' when he bought apple from Tesco USJ, he was careful and checked the price, but the exact name for the fruit was no where to be found, so he took it that apple is same as fuji apple. In the end, he has to pay 2 ringgit more.

    That's not all, ...

    Finally, I decided to be extra, double,triple careful, the last time I bought apple, I couldn't find the price tag with exact description, so I asked the staff, the staff smile and walk straight to price scanning machine a distance away instead of looking for the tag at fruit section that is near him. Looks like they purposely leave out the price tag so that people paying higher price for what they bought.

    I don't believe it is a mistake on the staff side but a stragtegy to charge more. Because the price I end up paying is always higher than those displayed.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel

    Recently I bought 2 bottles of Nescafe Gold 500g on offer at Cold Storage here at Island Plaza at RM19.95 each (Normal Price RM28.00) and gave the cashier RM50. She gave me back RM60.10 and I just took it without realizing the mistake.

    When I went home, I realized she had given me RM50 too much and went back to the store the next day to look for her. Was told she has been suspended from work due to cash shortage of RM50. I felt really bad, I should have gone back straightaway and could have saved someone's job...

    I gave the RM50 to a temple when I went to pray.
    this is different from pricing errors, this is mistake of the cashier, poor fellow have to pay back to the company... in this case I will also return the money but if known to the management, he/she will still be in trouble. So... like I said it before, always check your receipt/balance before leaving check-out counter. Settle it before bigger problem starts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •