Happenings At SS 19/1 -Toyota Rush stolen!
Dear Members Of SS19/1 Community,
On 2nd May a Toyota Rush was stolen from our member in 19/1J. The car was parked inside the compound with an autogate. The safety features available on the vehicle are special key, immobilizer and alarm system. Inspite of all those features the car was stolen without raising any alarm. Described below is synopsis of the event.
1. Done by professional car thieves. Car alarm not sounded. It needs a special key to start the ignition system.
2. Eye witness testimony - driven off by a male Chinese.
3. Eye witnesses aware of presence of a Honda Car - black in color/ heavily modified nearby Christopher's house.
4. Eye witnesses assumed driven out by Christopher's family members - did not raise any alert.
5. Security patrol spotted Christopher's gate was wide opened- Time 2.40 am on 2nd May. Attempted to call occupants - no response.
6. Exec. Chairman of Pristine Security - service provider attended to Christopher's case.
7. Police of SS17 related to Christopher of car thieves target - Toyota Rush . At least 4 units were stolen of recent in SJ.
Members with Toyota Rush please be extra careful. The Protem Committee is compiling telephone numbers for members so as to enable the security company to contact members directly in case of any untoward incident.
Secretary Protem Committee
The security system for 19/1 started on 1st May.
The fully gated and guarded could not be fully implemented due to 'technical reasons' but money has been collected from the 300 plus dwellers.
How to prevent another such happenings or other types of crime?
Originally Posted by 19resident
In my opinion, Gated is the way to go. It will save some money in guards as well...
NOt sure what are other people's opinions.
even a car got stolen!
Oh my gosh...
Whats the used of secruity guards around SS19... then???
Have to check the previous salesman who sell the car .. I heard from my friends about this situation B4. Impossible can can be taken that smoothly without a alarm & key ..
for safety, when you are in a service center or even car wash, always insist that you hold on to your key. there is a duplicater that can duplicate your car key and even the immobilizer. and i always keep an eye on my car when its in the service center..even to the extend standing next to my car when its being serviced.
Guys... if you have a swing type electric gate - please add a PADLOCK clasp to it and LOCK it at night... leaving it unlock would invite easy access to opening the electromagnetic switch at the base of the gate.
Originally Posted by Mat Bruce
My neighbor lost his car in this manner, one wee morning... the fellas came to his house and opened the electric gate, probably with a big magnet or a key and towed the car out... without raising a sound...