Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89

Thread: The Worst of the Habits on Our Highways...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615

    The Worst of the Habits on Our Highways...

    I have been driving up and down between KL and Penang and I have summarized the following as the worst of the bad habits of the users on the NS Highway. These habits are also very dangerous and would most likely cause very serious accidents:

    i. as you approach on the fast outer lane at 130140kmph, one idiot driving behind a bus or lorry will suddenly, but slowly, without any indicator at all, come into your path and try to overtake the bus or lorry at their own 80-90kmph speed, causing to brake like **** until things in the car go flying forward. When you finally pass them and take a look at them, they "make don't know only";

    ii) when you approach a car moving at 110kmph on the fast outer lane at a higher speed, say 130kmph, and give a gentle flash of the headlight to forewarn him/her to move aside, the idiot refuses or "make don't know" only. Then, to show you that he / she cannot be bullied type, she try to scare you by tapping the brake pedal to show you the brake lights, scaring the **** out of you into aplying emergency brakes, again things go flying forward in your car....

    iii) girlfriend eat one bite from the Cornetto, then boyfriend (the driver) bends over to have his bite of the Cornetto, while the car was at about 110kmph on the right lane, really bay ta han!

    iv. a lady sitting on the passenger side and the car on the fast outer lane moving at about 120kmph, threw out an empty Power Root can out of her open window... that is a ballistic killer man! Thank God I was driving an SUV then, coz the can hit my front grill. If my vehicle had been a saloon and lower, it would have gone straight onto my windscreen... I caught up with the car when they stopped at Ladang Bikam.... I approached them and we exchanged biz cards and only then I told her why I introduced myself. The lady who threw the can is a lecturer from a government college, a lecturer, can you imagine? I gave her a piece of lecture even the husband dare not say a word except "minta ma'af" lah...
    IP

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    usj27
    Posts
    7,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel
    iii) ...girlfriend eat one bite from the Cornetto, then boyfriend (the driver) bends over to have his bite of the Cornetto, while the car was at about 110kmph on the right lane, really bay ta han!...
    can't beat 'em... join 'em... get a girlfriend and errr... grab a cornetto lorr...

    but seriously... sometimes these drivers ought to be pulled over and summoned... especially them road hoggers!! 80-90km/h on the outer lane is.... dunno how to describe
    IP

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    in a house on a hillside
    Posts
    5,425

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel
    These habits are also very dangerous and would most likely cause very serious accidents:

    i. as you approach on the fast outer lane at 130-140kmph, one idiot driving behind a bus or lorry will suddenly, but slowly, without any indicator at all, come into your path and try to overtake the bus or lorry at their own 80-90kmph speed, causing to brake like **** until things in the car go flying forward. When you finally pass them and take a look at them, they "make don't know only";
    sigh...to m's mind, speeding is the most dangerous habit. The limit is 110 km/h for all lanes, with slower traffic to keep to the left.

    The inner lane/right lane (akak Lane 1) which most people call the "fast" lane, is actually the "passing lane" ...

    For safety's sake, pass then move back to the middle lane.

    Do not drive continuously in Lane 1 and justify it by traveling at 130-140 km/h so you can keep on "passing" others.

    Truly, the most dangerous and worst driving habit that people have is on the 3 lane roadways...they like to drive in the middle lane (aka Lane 2) when there is lots of space in the left lane (aka lane 3). This pushes drivers into Lane 1 which is, as I said above, the passing lane.

    That is why m keeps to the left - and though this is wrong, he passes on both sides ... for safety's sake ... as in, his own safety.

    Cheers, m
    The world needs more Canada
    IP

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    from USJ to Shah Alam
    Posts
    1,444
    I hate those motorbike on the federal highway & kesas highway. They have their own motor lane but did not use it. What if i accidentally bang them and someone died, i will be guilty for the rest of my life.

    If you have any biker friends out there, please warn them. Normally i will horn them when seeing them.
    Live Happily & Leave Peacefully.
    (It doesn't come without a fight)
    *Sit & Protest - BERSIH 3.0*
    IP

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USJ4
    Posts
    1,579
    As for the bikers, I do pity them, as at time the dedicated biker road had been in bad condition in the past...not sure how is it now...

    ANyways, I hate to them zig-zag in highways, as long as they ride decently just using the left most lane, its fine by me an /or when they overtake, behave and follow the traffic rules in overtaking, much many dont know literally on how to overtake using a bike! :-(

    They should use signal, and then move to the next lane to overtake, rather than going inbetween lanes...which had become a granted tradition in Msia, and many bikers do think its a okay!

    Some would be adamant as its the reason for owning a bike!
    IP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ 18
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyay
    I hate those motorbike on the federal highway & kesas highway. They have their own motor lane but did not use it. What if i accidentally bang them and someone died, i will be guilty for the rest of my life.

    If you have any biker friends out there, please warn them. Normally i will horn them when seeing them.
    I have never ridden a bike and I assumed you haven't too, at least in recent years.. However, I've heard horror stories of the bike lane on these highways. Pot holes which can topple a bike and my cousin 'kena' before and has to be hospitalised for months. sudden appearance of 'sand bank' due to soil erosion: this one is famous along the KGNS on the Federal Hiway. And more recently, robbers targetting the unsuspecting riders plying the bike lanes..

    Not all bikers are 'mat rempits' but the negative encounters we normally get from the mat remputs tainted the innocent ones...
    IP

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by AllUrban
    sigh...to m's mind, speeding is the most dangerous habit. The limit is 110 km/h for all lanes, with slower traffic to keep to the left.

    The inner lane/right lane (akak Lane 1) which most people call the "fast" lane, is actually the "passing lane" ...

    For safety's sake, pass then move back to the middle lane.

    Do not drive continuously in Lane 1 and justify it by traveling at 130-140 km/h so you can keep on "passing" others.

    Truly, the most dangerous and worst driving habit that people have is on the 3 lane roadways...they like to drive in the middle lane (aka Lane 2) when there is lots of space in the left lane (aka lane 3). This pushes drivers into Lane 1 which is, as I said above, the passing lane.

    That is why m keeps to the left - and though this is wrong, he passes on both sides ... for safety's sake ... as in, his own safety.

    Cheers, m
    I agree speeding is dangerous. But if I wish to overtake a car at 110kmph, should I also drive at 110kmph?

    You are absolutely right, the inner lane is for overtaking, then what are those buggers doing there crusing at their own sweet time when someone is coming from the back to overtake?

    As for overtaking and moving into the left lane, it depends very much on the traffic conditions. If the road is clear and I can overtake 5-6 cars at a stretch, I should. Of course, there is always this idiot road-hogging at 80-90 kmph tak pi skolah!

    As for not continuosly driving at 130-140kmph continuously, what do you suggest. Fast and slow and fast and slow, izzit? C'monlah, it doesn't make sense lah, it all depends on the traffic situation lah, not strict and fast rule about it...
    IP

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ 18
    Posts
    961
    Actually there are a few bad habits we encounter on a daily basis:
    1) queue cutting
    2) refusal to interlace when 2 lanes merges into 1
    3) kepochi when accidents happened on the other side of the road.

    I don't understand why majority of the car users don't interlace when merging from 2 lanes into single lane.. Actually, interlacing would smoothen the flow rather then the stop-go traffic wave/pulse.. I'm sure a lot of you here are guilty of NOT INTERLACING, choosing to stick close to the car in front and not allowing the car on your left/right to interlace so that both lanes get moving..

    Do try to practise simple driving ettiquette like interlacing, it won't take you a lot of time. and if everyone practise it, there'll be actually less jam.
    IP

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabe18
    Actually there are a few bad habits we encounter on a daily basis:
    1) queue cutting
    2) refusal to interlace when 2 lanes merges into 1
    3) kepochi when accidents happened on the other side of the road.

    I don't understand why majority of the car users don't interlace when merging from 2 lanes into single lane.. Actually, interlacing would smoothen the flow rather then the stop-go traffic wave/pulse.. I'm sure a lot of you here are guilty of NOT INTERLACING, choosing to stick close to the car in front and not allowing the car on your left/right to interlace so that both lanes get moving..

    Do try to practise simple driving ettiquette like interlacing, it won't take you a lot of time. and if everyone practise it, there'll be actually less jam.
    How to interlace? Auntie worry you bully her or don't let her in and so she takes the first step first lah and squeeze you out first before you do do that to her. Anyway, 1 car length ahead of you also better mah! This is rampant coming out of Giant USJ1 into main road.... yes, USJ drivers I presume!
    IP

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyay
    I hate those motorbike on the federal highway & kesas highway. They have their own motor lane but did not use it. What if i accidentally bang them and someone died, i will be guilty for the rest of my life.

    If you have any biker friends out there, please warn them. Normally i will horn them when seeing them.
    You don't like bikers, do you? Well, I presume you have not ridden a bike or ridden on the bike lanes parallel to the Federal Highway, yah?

    Hey brader, one of my friends was paralysed riding his bike on the bike lane. Another died.

    The underpass along the bike lanes are not lighted and during the rain it floods waist high.

    Tell me when you are free and either Tupai or I will let you ride pillion with us through the bike lanes, okay? Not to worry, will lend you the best full-face helmet, wrap you up in kevlar head to toe to give you maximum protection.

    I used to ride to work but I don't ride much nowadays except Sunday joy-rides to the mainland and up towards Alor Setar along the backroads. But bikers are bikers, they are human. Not everyone of them is bad people. Most ride because thats the only transport they can afford, lets give and take and give them space on the road.

    Remember, when you drive, the entire car wraps around you to protect you, for the bikers, they wrap themselves around their bikes, where got protection? Give them space lah yah...
    IP

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    usj27
    Posts
    7,688
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyay
    What if i accidentally bang them and someone died, i will be guilty for the rest of my life..
    You should feel guilty... for not be more careful... and alert... and avoid... motorcycles when they are riding too close...

    Not all bikers are 'pain in the arse' ... likewise, not all drivers are 'model drivers'...
    IP

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel
    I agree speeding is dangerous. But if I wish to overtake a car at 110kmph, should I also drive at 110kmph?
    120kmph.
    Consistently drive between 100-120kmph, 120kmph when only want to overtake car at 110kmph and then back to 110kmph.
    IP

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bolehland
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by newer
    120kmph.
    Consistently drive between 100-120kmph, 120kmph when only want to overtake car at 110kmph and then back to 110kmph.
    Why do you want to overtake a car at 110kmph when you are intending to stay at 110kmph? Why not just follow him?

    Secondly, if the car in front is at 110kmph and on the inside fast lane, how?
    IP

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Klang/Subang
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyay
    I hate those motorbike on the federal highway & kesas highway. They have their own motor lane but did not use it. What if i accidentally bang them and someone died, i will be guilty for the rest of my life.

    If you have any biker friends out there, please warn them. Normally i will horn them when seeing them.
    The KESAS motor lane (USJ-Klang and vice versa) has been under construction randomly for the past 2 yrs.

    U can NOT stay 100% in the motor lane even today if u wanted to because the lane is closed at certain parts near Klang bukit tinggi area.. they force motorcyclists out to use the main road.

    I avoid using the federal highway bike lanes as if it was the ebola virus. Too many holes, muggers, nails etc. KESAS motor lane/NKVE is good
    IP

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Klang/Subang
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by AllUrban
    sigh...to m's mind, speeding is the most dangerous habit. The limit is 110 km/h for all lanes, with slower traffic to keep to the left.

    The inner lane/right lane (akak Lane 1) which most people call the "fast" lane, is actually the "passing lane" ...

    For safety's sake, pass then move back to the middle lane.

    Do not drive continuously in Lane 1 and justify it by traveling at 130-140 km/h so you can keep on "passing" others.

    Truly, the most dangerous and worst driving habit that people have is on the 3 lane roadways...they like to drive in the middle lane (aka Lane 2) when there is lots of space in the left lane (aka lane 3). This pushes drivers into Lane 1 which is, as I said above, the passing lane.

    That is why m keeps to the left - and though this is wrong, he passes on both sides ... for safety's sake ... as in, his own safety.

    Cheers, m
    When ur on the slow lane, there's also those people who like to shadow you on the fast lane for ages and not overtaking (roughly in ur right blind spot) and keep the same speed as you UNTIL the moment the shadower sees some slower car in front of u, then they will suddenly feel the need to speed up purposely so that u have no chance to overtake even though it would have been possible to do so ceteris paribus.
    IP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •