New Carrefour - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Thread: New Carrefour

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    usj 2
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukdershan
    What are the other Hypermarkets around USJ 9.
    Thank you.
    Friend, if u r in USJ 9 u can drive to USJ19, USJ1, SS16 or Puchong / Shah Alam for Hypewrmarkets. Y would u want 1 in USJ9 which would contribute to the congession esp. in the week-end? Trust me (I live in USJ2 and have to endure the jam) U would not want the situation.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ 18
    Posts
    961
    Sukdershan, can't help wondering why you kept asking for hypermarket around USJ 9.. Are you physically in USJ9??? Have you gone around USJ area before??

    Don't know what's your definition of hypermarket, but the prefix 'hyper' should mean something much bigger than a supermarket... Which means it should occupy a BIG space.. At least big enuf for most ppl to take note of it, especially if it exists in the neighbourhood.

    No offence, just find your question a little weird to start with..
    Cheers...

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Digital Mall at USJ19?.. I really wonder if it'll do well. In the past years Subang Parade, Carrefour (association with Thundermatch) and Summit (somewhat dead town), IMO nothing to shout about, price, choice and bargains can never be compared to Low Yat Plaza. Even PJ Sect14 Digital Mall is pain to drive into at peak hours and prices a little higher, just because its PJ?. Don't even hope for finding a parking lot nearby except the more expensive covered carpark. Oh well, lets see lah.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    1,939
    Giant opening on 15th...yup saw the banners in Putra Heights!

    Also, I dun think Giant would move....I think they will stay and be a pain to Mydin...hehehehhehehehhee.....and if they go...Mydin jadi King then we all will not get COMPETITIVE PRICING leh....so, the more the merrier as it would be good for us.

    As with the one PutraHeights, Giant looks like the one on the near Puchong on the way to Bukit Jalil and at Kota Damansara...(I think).

    D19TAL MALL? Aiyo...that one lagi joke...so kosong...went there on soft opening day and smell dust...
    Agi Idup Agi Ngelaban

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere........
    Posts
    311
    I hope there are opening promotions inDigital Mall as I am on the lookout for replacement for my PDA

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PH
    Posts
    239
    paid a visit to digital 19 mall the place looks terrible....the flooring, walls were not done, literally empty....the escalator were not working, even the toilets were not available for use cos they were still under reno how can they open the place for public without toilet facilites?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    usj 2
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by bslee
    Digital Mall at USJ19?.. I really wonder if it'll do well. In the past years Subang Parade, Carrefour (association with Thundermatch) and Summit (somewhat dead town), IMO nothing to shout about, price, choice and bargains can never be compared to Low Yat Plaza. Even PJ Sect14 Digital Mall is pain to drive into at peak hours and prices a little higher, just because its PJ?. Don't even hope for finding a parking lot nearby except the more expensive covered carpark. Oh well, lets see lah.
    I hope it does well coz its a pain for DIY in Subang area coz the prices for computer components (ram, CPU, PSU & Mobo) are not competitive and gotta drive down to PJ or KL. Tundermatch in Carrefour charge more $$$ then its shops in PJ & Low Yatt They oso stop selling components, only peripherals & complete set-up.

    Ya finding a parking in Digital mall is horrendous. Y they build a mall w/out carpark

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USJ 6
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Phres
    paid a visit to digital 19 mall the place looks terrible....the flooring, walls were not done, literally empty....the escalator were not working, even the toilets were not available for use cos they were still under reno how can they open the place for public without toilet facilites?
    well as they say its a soft opening . I felt there might potential issues with parking (lack of place to park and double parking)

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USJ 6
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by rakyat
    I hope it does well coz its a pain for DIY in Subang area coz the prices for computer components (ram, CPU, PSU & Mobo) are not competitive and gotta drive down to PJ or KL. Tundermatch in Carrefour charge more $$$ then its shops in PJ & Low Yatt They oso stop selling components, only peripherals & complete set-up.

    Ya finding a parking in Digital mall is horrendous. Y they build a mall w/out carpark
    From wat i heard, my fav seller from low yat is planning to setup one branch at there. Not sure when it will happen but I am hoping it would drive the price down.

    Btw pricing of computer components also depends on the rental rates. Higher the rental rates equals to higher price
    Last edited by vaw; 13-01-2009 at 03:13 PM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    I reckon Carrefour have a slight profit margin for all the PC related items there thus inflating the price a bit more. PC parts and peripherals have likely one of the lousiest margins ever and you've to sell in big volume or else you're not going to make a decent profit and cover overheads. I think there's more IT businessed open and closed in 2 decades than restaurants in the country. Its a lousy, headache, very risky business retail venture and not a profitable anymore due to numerous reasons. Any IT shopping center that can equal or exceed the competitiveness and choice at Low Yat in another location, stand a chance to succeed, otherwise its not going to impress anyone. It should be a collective effort by all the shops otherwise it'll fail.
    Thats how I see it broadly lah

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USJ 18
    Posts
    961
    Actually if the Digital Mall in Nineteen can offer good prices, even if it's slightly more expensive than Low Yatt, it'll succeed.. It beats having to brave the downtown traffic to get to Low Yatt..

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Somewhere around here
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabe18
    Actually if the Digital Mall in Nineteen can offer good prices, even if it's slightly more expensive than Low Yatt, it'll succeed.. It beats having to brave the downtown traffic to get to Low Yatt..
    Whats your definition of "slightly more expensive"?. RM50-70 more for a RM900 LCD monitor?, I roughly see its already around 5% more for most other items. AllIT which have a branch at DigiMall does maintain daily list prices at any location. What Low Yat is distinctly advantageous is the wide number of shops at 2-3floors retailing the same goods at very competitive prices. Needless to say its a buyer's market and savings can amount to quite a bit if buying a lot. OTH, the appeal of neighboring Times Square, Sungei Wang Plaza, Bukit Bintang Plaza are pleasurable places to shop and dine if time is on your side, so it may be worth a drive down all the way.
    Ok.. its entirely up to you folks. If it means less hassle, trouble and time constraint altogether, by all means you're all welcome to make your own choices. Personally I still prefer to plan ahead and go Low Yat anyway for my stuff.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by sarawakian
    Giant opening on 15th...yup saw the banners in Putra Heights!

    Also, I dun think Giant would move....I think they will stay and be a pain to Mydin...hehehehhehehehhee.....and if they go...Mydin jadi King then we all will not get COMPETITIVE PRICING leh....so, the more the merrier as it would be good for us.

    As with the one PutraHeights, Giant looks like the one on the near Puchong on the way to Bukit Jalil and at Kota Damansara...(I think).

    D19TAL MALL? Aiyo...that one lagi joke...so kosong...went there on soft opening day and smell dust...
    hai yo they not even completely open yet how can u expect it to be filled up.. already say is soft opening ma so means not really open yet then why u go and offer yourself to dust ...

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Phres
    paid a visit to digital 19 mall the place looks terrible....the flooring, walls were not done, literally empty....the escalator were not working, even the toilets were not available for use cos they were still under reno how can they open the place for public without toilet facilites?
    friend...definitely la ..u went there when the building is not really completed and is just going to complete, I went the other day 1st & 2nd flr escalator is working cause there are some shops already open but the 3rd flr escalator is not yet on is bcoz 3rd flr is not completed yet. that is a common thing lor if they want to wait till everything completed and decorated nicely then only open ar rugi lor just like u r staying in the rented house after that u buy yr own house..you will want to move in as soon as possible bcoz you wouldn't want to pay both side unless you are very rich la hahaha

    ...u also know that they are still under reno then for sure those facilities such as toilet is not ready yet ma..


    haiz why human being just love to give negatif comment ...when they themselves just look at the negatif side...why? why?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    28
    So Carrefour will open at the same building?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •