Page 6 of 234 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 3501

Thread: Guess What - Season 2

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    Need clarification please.

    Top item 7 => whoever guessed correctly must post a new puzzle? That's punishing the poor fella. Can please relax the rule to anyone can post a new puzzle as long as the previous puzzle is first solved? i.e. one puzzle at a time, postable by anyone....

    Bottom item 2 => Not to pose another guess until someone else does. Not practical le. On slow days, what if no one hazards a guess? Then I'll have to keep coming back to see whether I got it right or not and this puzzle will take days to come to fruition, what with only one hint per day...Can modify or not?

    You know the 20 questions game? ie. ask general questions to narrow the scope? Can we incorporate that into this game?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    6,963
    Let Birdy modify the rules since he made them

    In the meantime, i shall allow you to continue guessing seeing that this game isn't so popular to attract constant attention

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    applying shoe whitener on white part of black shoe.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by kwchang
    In the meantime, i shall allow you to continue guessing seeing that this game isn't so popular to attract constant attention
    Easy to make its popularity shoot through the roof. Offer drinks as prizes!! D

    My guess...a sport shoe?
    Quote by Tony Curtis: I wouldn’t be seen dead with a woman old enough to be my wife.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    not sport shoe la.
    No shoe-lace what.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by venuspop
    not sport shoe la.
    No shoe-lace what.
    The shoelace could have been croPped out of view what.
    Quote by Tony Curtis: I wouldn’t be seen dead with a woman old enough to be my wife.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bird Nest
    Posts
    4,788
    My guess is sneakers
    Every Birth Begins With Labour Pains

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bird Nest
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by venuspop
    Need clarification please.

    Top item 7 => whoever guessed correctly must post a new puzzle? That's punishing the poor fella. Can please relax the rule to anyone can post a new puzzle as long as the previous puzzle is first solved? i.e. one puzzle at a time, postable by anyone....

    Bottom item 2 => Not to pose another guess until someone else does. Not practical le. On slow days, what if no one hazards a guess? Then I'll have to keep coming back to see whether I got it right or not and this puzzle will take days to come to fruition, what with only one hint per day...Can modify or not?

    You know the 20 questions game? ie. ask general questions to narrow the scope? Can we incorporate that into this game?
    Agreeable to amend Top item 7 but for item 2 ... this is to prevent someone from simply throwing his/her guesses. Wonder how can we prevent this?

    Mind the elaborate further on the 20 questions game?
    Every Birth Begins With Labour Pains

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USJ
    Posts
    6,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodles
    ...a sport shoe?



    Well Done
    to Doodles

    There is a lace, Venuspop, just only a hint - the thumbnail was cut from the first lace eyelet (below the first yellow band) otherwise sure let the cat out of the bag la if too many laces were shown. By the way, only sports shoes have this type netting of material.... I thought that would give it away.

    This shot was taken at one of the MPSJ carnivals where they had some sports shoes on display. I turned the pic into this position - otherwise anyone could instantly make out the image of the shoe (laces on top)

    Now it is Doodles' turn. If have no pic, then pass the puzzle on to other volunteers

    Quote Originally Posted by venuspop
    not sport shoe la.
    No shoe-lace what.
    Not true - you haven't seen some where no laces are used. Nike made one like a pair of socks, just pull it on and the top looks like a sock with no laces or straps. But that design was too expensive

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by kwchang
    Well Done
    to Doodles

    Now it is Doodles' turn. If have no pic, then pass the puzzle on to other volunteers
    Yooooooohuuuuuuu!! My first sweet taste of victory!! D

    Mr Chang, I don't have any pictures to post. Sorry. I hope someone can help me post one. Any volunteers?
    Quote by Tony Curtis: I wouldn’t be seen dead with a woman old enough to be my wife.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by birdy
    Agreeable to amend Top item 7 but for item 2 ... this is to prevent someone from simply throwing his/her guesses. Wonder how can we prevent this?

    Mind the elaborate further on the 20 questions game?
    I thought this is a guessing game. That being so, why would you want to prevent someone from simply throwing his/her guesses. If any other person wish to participate in the game, who's going to stop them? I think I would welcome anyone's participation because that'll show their interest in the game....just my two sens.

    As for the 20 question game, have you heard of the "I spy with my little eye, something starting with s" (or any alphabet)

    The players then ask general questions, like "Is it a living thing?", "Can it move?", "Is it bigger than an elephant?", "Can it make any sound?" ...and so on.

    The host can only answer "Yes" or "No", nothing else.

    Once the 20 questions are up, players can only make a direct guess.

    Nice game but players have to be very careful with the questions which serves to narrow the scope of the answer.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by kwchang

    There is a lace, Venuspop, just only a hint - the thumbnail was cut from the first lace eyelet (below the first yellow band) otherwise sure let the cat out of the bag la if too many laces were shown. By the way, only sports shoes have this type netting of material.... I thought that would give it away.

    This shot was taken at one of the MPSJ carnivals where they had some sports shoes on display. I turned the pic into this position - otherwise anyone could instantly make out the image of the shoe (laces on top)

    Not true - you haven't seen some where no laces are used. Nike made one like a pair of socks, just pull it on and the top looks like a sock with no laces or straps. But that design was too expensive
    You actually fooled me. If Doodles got it wrong, my next guess would be washing shoes in the toilet. *grins*.....I thought your so-called 'netting' were those plastic mats people use in their toilets...

    I also suspected that you and birdy would have rotated the picture, so anticipating that, I bloated up the picture and rotated it 360 degrees........*grins*

    You people are too tricky. Birdy should impose another ruling, IMHO. Make that two
    (1) All pictures posted must be upright!
    (2) The object of the guessing game must at least be half-revealed! Three quarter is even better....(Then I think I'll excel in this game...D

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bird Nest
    Posts
    4,788
    What I mean of "someone from simply throwing his/her guesses" is you throw your guess every minute, eg. this minute u simply guess cat, next minute dog, the 3rd minute, you guess cow and so forth.. in the end, the game only between the the quiz creator and the one throwing guesses.

    Hmmm.. maybe we can try out what you propose. How would I change the rules then? I can't edit the post anymore... Chang, is there a way to help?

    Here are the revised guidelines when posting photos or guessing.

    Guidelines For Posting
    1. The size of the picture has to be at least 160 x 120 pixel.
    2. All pictures posted must be upright!
    3. When posting, please include at least one clue that is not too general.
    4. The next clue must be posted within or by 24 hours. However, you may post clues earlier, depending on how the guessing progresses.
    5. Guesses shall not be too specific as to brand or model.
    6. Guesses on places are allowed provided it is popular venue in Malaysia.
    7. Please do confirm whether the guesses are correct in sequence.
    8. New quiz can be posted only after the previous quiz has been solved.

    Guidelines For Guessing
    1. Please post only one guess per post.
    2. You may post your guesses as frequent but do not spam the thread with invalid guesses. Do consider to give others a fair chance at guessing too.
    3. General guess of the picture shall be acceptable, eg. if it is a watch, the answer "watch" should qualify a winning guess, no need to give detail guesses such as model and brand.
    3. Illicit comments or arguments will be penalized accordingly by the administrator.
    4. However, other comments related to the game, for eg: 'Faster lah', or 'Another clue pls', are all right.
    Chang, can help to replace the old rules?
    Every Birth Begins With Labour Pains

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bird Nest
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by venuspop
    You people are too tricky. Birdy should impose another ruling, IMHO. Make that two
    (1) All pictures posted must be upright!
    (2) The object of the guessing game must at least be half-revealed! Three quarter is even better....(Then I think I'll excel in this game...D
    I think you have a valid point for point #1 but for point #2, it will be up to the quiz poster. If he/she wanted to make the quiz more challenging, then he can only show small part... but if he wants a quiz solve on the quiz, he can reveal half of the object too! So long that the picture met the minimum requirement of 160 x 120 pixels.
    Every Birth Begins With Labour Pains

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by birdy
    .... #2, it will be up to the quiz poster. If he/she wanted to make the quiz more challenging, then he can only show small part... but if he wants a quiz solve on the quiz, he can reveal half of the object too! So long that the picture met the minimum requirement of 160 x 120 pixels.
    Oh Birdy, .....I was only kidding la. If half the object is shown, then too easy, I understand.....just kidding ok?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •